Horseshoe Bay Only??

Marie50

One token person for each bus ride...so a round trip is two tokens per person. Tokens are $4 each, so if all you're doing is going from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay and return , the cost is $8 per person. A one day transportation pass is $15, so buying two tokens is much cheaper.

One token person for each bus ride...so a round trip is two tokens per person. Tokens are $4 each, so if all you're doing is going from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay and return , the cost is $8 per person. A one day transportation pass is $15, so buying two tokens is much cheaper.

My friend just bought tokens last week and they were $4.50 Just FYI

My friend just bought tokens last week and they were $4.50 Just FYI

That's a surprise. They're still listed as $4.00 on the recently published summer 2013 ferry schedule (which correctly lists the higher transportation pass prices). Cash fare on the buses has been $4.50, but tokens have been $4.00.

That's a surprise. They're still listed as $4.00 on the recently published summer 2013 ferry schedule (which correctly lists the higher transportation pass prices). Cash fare on the buses has been $4.50, but tokens have been $4.00.

I purchased tokens on Heritage Wharf for $4 each on May 12. Purchased 4 for my husband and me just to go back and forth to Horseshoe Bay Beach.

Does anyone know what cab fare is from dock to horseshoe? I have 6 in my party and wondering if it might be better for us to just pay a cab rather than purchase 6 day passes...

Also the ferry fee to st George's?

We are going to the beach at least 2 of the 3 days and maybe ferry to st George's for day 3...

Does anyone know what cab fare is from dock to horseshoe? I have 6 in my party and wondering if it might be better for us to just pay a cab rather than purchase 6 day passes...

We are going to the beach at least 2 of the 3 days and maybe ferry to st George's for day 3...

With 4 to 6 people only going to Horseshoe beach I would take a taxi. The transportation pass is best for hopping on and hopping off transportation. You can also buy tokens for individual trips to the beach which is what I do if I have no hop on and hop off plans and only myself or myself and one other. But when I travel with 4 or more we always do a taxi because while it may come out to a couple of dollars more per person than the bus token per person there is no waiting for a bus and you don't have to walk down or up the hill.

I purchased tokens on Heritage Wharf for $4 each on May 12. Purchased 4 for my husband and me just to go back and forth to Horseshoe Bay Beach.

Very interesting! She bought them at the hotel she stayed at! I guess buyer beware:eek:

With 4 to 6 people only going to Horseshoe beach I would take a taxi. The transportation pass is best for hopping on and hopping off transportation. You can also buy tokens for individual trips to the beach which is what I do if I have no hop on and hop off plans and only myself or myself and one other. But when I travel with 4 or more we always do a taxi because while it may come out to a couple of dollars more per person than the bus token per person there is no waiting for a bus and you don't have to walk down or up the hill.

Sold! Is a taxi easy to get at the dockyard AND after spending a few hours at horseshoe? About how much for a taxi (cash only, I am guessing). Family of five.

I just came back from a 4 day get-a-away with some girlfriends and can't wait to go back at the end of June on the Dawn. We stayed at the Southhampton Fairmont on Horseshoe Bay beach. We took a taxi from Hamilton back to our hotel and it was a about $40 plus a tip. But then you have to go back so that would be times 2. We took the ferry into Hamilton which was free. I think the dockyard would be further. One thing I can say about the taxi drivers it they are all so friendly and love to engage in conversation and talk about their island and we learned so much from out taxi drivers. The beach is gorgeous, we walked over the the private part that the cruise ship passengers would go (we had a private beach from the hotel). We saw some NCL towels, many had umbrellas and chairs. If you do go, take a walk down the beach a bit, there are some beautiful picture opportunities in the less crowded section further down but you can't rent chairs and umbrella there. It is a gorgeous beach.

The metered taxi fare for 5 or 6 passengers from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay on a weekday is about $35.00.

The one way ferry fare from the Dockyard to St George is a $4.00 token.

Thx Charles...

Do you know anything about rentals of chairs, umbrellas or snorkel gear at beach?

We have only gone to that beach.. Other favorites...

Any other info you can pass along would be appreciated...

HSB offers rentals of chairs & umbrellas; not sure of snorkel gear.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

We are 3 adults. How much walking is involved? My aunt can walk but not long distances?. We are not huge beach people, but did want to see the pink sand. We were going to get the bus/ferry pass so we could do different things. Do you think we should take a taxi? How much are the chair/umbrella rentals so we bring enough cash? Thanks for the help.

We are 3 adults. How much walking is involved? My aunt can walk but not long distances?. We are not huge beach people, but did want to see the pink sand. We were going to get the bus/ferry pass so we could do different things. Do you think we should take a taxi? How much are the chair/umbrella rentals so we bring enough cash? Thanks for the help.

If someone in your group has a problem walking, then it would be best to take a taxi to Horseshoe Bay and back. A taxi will take you to and pick you up very close to the beach; otherwise by bus, there is hill to go down and back up.

I don't know what the cost is for chair/umbrella rentals.

SBtS

We ended up buying the coupon booklet, great value for us. It is 30 dollars for 15 coupons. One coupon each time you get on the bus or ferry.

For our family of five, we used one booklet to go to Gibbs Lighthouse, then Warwick Long Bay to walk the beach trail and end up at Horseshoe Bay, then back to the ship from Horseshoe. $30 for a full day of transportation and entertainment for all five of us, a big savings over buying a day pass for each of us. Even if we had needed a second coupon book, it would still have been cheaper for five of us.

Archived