!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Thank you everyone for you continued support, sorry that Ive been a little MIA, but I started college again and my time is extremely limited.

As for those of you asking for the future cruises, I not sure yet. I want to do something for spring break but I am not sure if it will be possible. We are also looking at our mom/son cruise this year and it looks like it will be August.

The possible ships are the Breeze, Oasis eastern, Getaway or maybe even Divina(at the right price).

Once again thank you all for your continued support :)

Good luck in college, I hope it doesn't get in the way of cruising too much! Thanks again for your awesome review of the Breakaway and also for those awesome pictures and video yesterday. Here in NJ, its freezing and those pictures and video's made my day!

Hi Gambee!

I only started reading your review now, nearly a year later! Absolutely love it, and review and pictures :) Breakaway looks awesome! Love the décor and all amenities. One thing on the downside is that they have copied few things from Carnival Magic/Breeze (rope works, sun lounges, comedy club). For the new ship I would expect a bit more innovation from NCL. But anyway, ship looks fab. I haven't finished reading your review yet, but I hope you had a brilliant time, you and your mum!

• 1 month later...

Gambee,

Thanks for the incredible job on the review. It really is amazing, and I cannot imagine the time and effort that went into it. I am sure you have help hundreds/thousands of future Breakaway cruisers with all you hard work.

I was curious about the safe size on the Breakaway. You say that your ipad did not fit, and I am fairly certain my Google Nexus10 fit in the safe on the Gem. Do you know the size of the Breakaway safes, or should I just ask this on the NCL site? What did you do with your ipad when at the beach or when you didn't have it with you?

Happy future travels, and thanks again from all of us!

Gambee,

Thanks for the incredible job on the review. It really is amazing, and I cannot imagine the time and effort that went into it. I am sure you have help hundreds/thousands of future Breakaway cruisers with all you hard work.

I was curious about the safe size on the Breakaway. You say that your ipad did not fit, and I am fairly certain my Google Nexus10 fit in the safe on the Gem. Do you know the size of the Breakaway safes, or should I just ask this on the NCL site? What did you do with your ipad when at the beach or when you didn't have it with you?

Exact size? no clue. I know it looked small. We just left it in a drawer, keep in mind that I always travel with a very expensive laptop and it has only fit in one of the safe of my cruises. Sometimes I put it in the suitcase, and others in the drawer. I never had an issue, but I guess you just never know.

Gambee,

I was on the Breakaway two weeks ago. My iPad fit in the safe. Just place it in at an upright angle. I also left it out on the dresser a few days with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Great, right?

And the lost chapter of Horseshoe Beach finished it. I think Gambee just found that chapter recently.

Thanks Gambee!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

That is correct, I am not even sure when I lost it. Actually I did not even know it was lost until I went back to get information I needed of bermuda. Took me sometime to find it, but manage to get it. I am not even sure when I made the mistake of misplacing it.

That is correct, I am not even sure when I lost it. Actually I did not even know it was lost until I went back to get information I needed of bermuda. Took me sometime to find it, but manage to get it. I am not even sure when I made the mistake of misplacing it.

Just wanted to thanks you for great reviews!! I read your Disney Dream review and it was amazing as we had the exact same cabin and now I read your Breakaway as we are taking her in two weeks!! Enjoy the Breeze we sailed her very first sailing in the MED and will sail her again in Nov..

Your FAN for life lol

Screenshot2013-05-14at104718AM_zps5bd96571.png

Well what can I tell you about that week? For those of you who know me by now, I am a nervous wreck prior to any cruise. Something different happened this time around, for some unknown reason I was incredibly calm. I guess I was just ready for the cruise to start.

This trip was a little different since I had to fly to get to port so we were limited on what we could bring by weight. In addition to that, I did not feel like hauling too much stuff across New York. I also took advantage of a not so busy work week to get everything finalized and printing all the air, hotel and cruise documents.

Since my last review, I learned a lot about camera care. Now, my # 1 concern is to check everything before a trip and to make sure that I have all the essential cleaning equipment with me, just in case the problem appears again while in vacation. With all my camera equipment packed and double checked I was ready to go.

Those last days prior we were super excited, but it was a very different feeling from our previous cruises. I think it was mainly because we followed this ship building process and were involved with it at all times. It was almost like our baby, and I know it sounds silly, but that is exactly how it felt. I think more than anything we were proud of her and happy that it was time for us to be a part of that story :D. My bf on the other hand was very irritated with what he calls my obsession. I can't blame him really :D, I did spend an awful lot of time on CC with this ship ;).

Another important milestone was to see the Breakaway docking in Bermuda for the first time. Up until her first arrival to Bermuda her ability to dock was in question due to delays in the repairs of the dock. That Wednesday, both mom and I got up really early to see the Breakaway docking, and it was a very exciting moment! This meant the world to me as I had very little interest in tendering for 3 days in Bermuda. That made my day.

I also decided to do something special for my bf since he was not coming with us. I took of that Thursday, and we went out for sushi and to see the new Star Trek movie, we are both Trekkies :). It was a fun little date, I really could not remember the last time that we had a date like that one.

The dreaded looks who's popular sign. :(

Hello everyone!

This is Gambee's friend Sarah. I just got in contact with him via email. As some of you may know he is currently on board the Carnival Breeze.

He is aware of the Photobucket issue and will take care of it on Saturday, 5/10 when he gets back in port and disembarks.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by sarahecohen

Hello everyone!

This is Gambee's friend Sarah. I just got in contact with him via email. As some of you may know he is currently on board the Carnival Breeze.

He is aware of the Photobucket issue and will take care of it on Saturday, 5/10 when he gets back in port and disembarks.

Thanks everyone!

Hi. Is gambee doing a review on here or just in FB? I love his reviews

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hello everyone!

Thanks everyone!

Thank you!

Hi. Is gambee doing a review on here or just in FB? I love his reviews

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

He's doing a review in the carnival board once he gets off on Saturday. He hasn't posted it yet so stay tuned until then!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums