!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

Hey Gamble, what's next on your hit list?

MSC Divina, August 9 :), we are really excited to board that ship. Been through a lot these past months and this is just what we need. Keep an eye for the review ;).

MSC Divina, August 9 :), we are really excited to board that ship. Been through a lot these past months and this is just what we need. Keep an eye for the review ;).

I sure will :D!

Oh Oh Oh...another cruise with gambee!!! Can't wait! :)

Does anyone know if the sushi restaurant (Wasabi?) is included in the UDP? I know that Ocean Blue isn't, but not sure about the sushi place. And it's not one of those listed on the NCL site for making pre-cruise reservations...so I'm confused. Thanks.

I do not think it is. I was told they limit the available restaurants and times online and will have more options one aboard. Is ocean blue the Steakhouse. I thought that was included.

No, Cagney's is the Steakhouse & it IS included. Ocean Blue is the high end fish restaurant...thanks for your input ;).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gambee I am praying you can help me.

I booked a cruise on breakaway and had to cancel due to a sick family member. I'm now ready to Rebook for Aug 31 departure.

Last minute is not how I would normally book or want to book a cruise. With a limited budget. Can you please give me a few tips on picking a cabin. I am an early riser and early to bed. I would like to avoid loud late night noises of possible. And would like to be able to sleep (Light sleeper) . Any suggestions. Forward balcony is avail. Anything to watch out for with that? I welcome and appreciate any feed back. Thank you.

Edited by comcry

Hi Gambee I am praying you can help me.

I booked a cruise on breakaway and had to cancel due to a sick family member. I'm now ready to Rebook for Aug 31 departure.

Last minute is not how I would normally book or want to book a cruise. With a limited budget. Can you please give me a few tips on picking a cabin. I am an early riser and early to bed. I would like to avoid loud late night noises of possible. And would like to be able to sleep (Light sleeper) . Any suggestions. Forward balcony is avail. Anything to watch out for with that? I welcome and appreciate any feed back. Thank you.

Gambee is out on a cruise now (MSC Davina). The simplest answer to your question is to check the floor plans for the decks above and below that cabin. What you want to see is more cabins above and below you. You don't want to be directly underneath (or above) a nightclub or restaurant or heavy traffic area. Otherwise you should be fine. Good luck!

Edited by psac

We have been on five Norwegian cruises. The nickel and diming gets worse every trip. What was free the last trip is no longer free...or they eliminated something…or the prices have risen. For example the in room movies used to be free. The spa used to be free. Some of the specialty restaurants were free. The food in the main dining room went down in quality. I mean how many times can they serve turkey. I worked in the restaurant business turkey is the cheapest meat you can get. They get you on with good prices but wait till you see your on board tab. Our best Norwegian trip will still be our first one in 2006. The up charging and the quality has gone down with every cruise. We find RCCL and PCL don't nickel and dime you to death but still provide a superior product.

I'm going on the Breakaway at the end of Sept. I reserved the Italian restaurant. I see that many are reserving times for the main complimentary restaurants. Do you have to pick a time, or can you just walk in anytime and sit for dinner at these main dining areas?

We then stopped and checked the internet one last time before saying good bye to Bermuda.

Here I want to touch base with Julie our CD, so by now you all know that my experience with her personally was not the best. I mean it was not bad, but I believe that she could of done more for me. Anyway, do you want to know why I say that Julie is possibly the cruise director ever?

Well look at this picture! That is her in the stilts dancing away. Please note that the sun was hot as hell that day and I bet she was there for a very long time. I have to give it to her, she does a great job. Not only that, but the amount of positive energy that she radiates is just massive. Great job Julie, my fedora goes off to you :)!

DSC09190_zps6a97c487.jpg

And here is the video of her, please you have to watch it.

I know I am horrible at video, but at least you get the idea of what I am trying to express.

I forgot to mention that while I was down by the dockyard I talked to a very nice handicapped lady. We discussed the ship for a little bit, and she told me that the ship is very handicap accessible. She was very happy with how easy it was to get around all the different areas of the ship.

That was so nice to see!! What a great time you are having. Cannot wait but I have a long time until we are there :(

Video Tour! Please watch it!

I then decided that since I had gotten up so early I might as well take advantage and go do a ship tour with the fisheye lens.

I am very proud of this tour! I would dare to say that my review is not complete unless you take the time to watch these videos.

They are much more than just a tour, I would like to say that they are a summary of the entire review.

So please watch these videos,

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 1

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 2

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 3

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 4

Breakaway Tour/Review Part 5

By the way ignore the comment of me not reviewing ships any more. I still plan on reviewing ships, but just in a much more relaxed way, while still having tons of info.

Ok I really hope you all like the videos. That is it for today, I will try to finish day 7 tomorrow.

Great Video.. Thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation to do this!!! Can't wait to show my husband. :D