Breakaway Pictures Inside - Including MDR Menus!

SliceOfLife

Thank you for the awesome review! We were looking for something "different" to do and I think the helmet dive fits the bill! My kids will have a hoot with the fish tricks. We will be on the breakaway June 16th. How was the water temp?

You're welcome. The Helmet Dive was so much fun. I like it because everyone can do it. It should be a great family adventure!

The water was 72 so we had to wear wetsuits, once the water is 80 degrees you can just wear your bathing suit. The water was a little chilly on the feet but I got used to in really quick.

Have a great cruise!

Latitudes Pin (Sorry iPhone pic came out crappy)

528_zps91014c5d.jpg

Free Lanyard from Guest Services

545_zps9f4b5710.jpg

My Breakaway Ornament

540_zps12862b9b.jpg

Bermuda Oranament I bought at the Pharmacy

543_zps74f40d5d.jpg

I bought pink sand at the Craft Market (only $3)

535_zps55b995f3.jpg

Wow! The pin is so much prettier (comparing to the pin I got on Gem). Do I need to request the pin in advance, or they will automatically provide them to us once we are on board?

The lanyard is very nice too!

Again, I really enjoy the photos! Thanks for all your hard works in organizing and posting them. :)

Wow! The pin is so much prettier (comparing to the pin I got on Gem). Do I need to request the pin in advance, or they will automatically provide them to us once we are on board?

The lanyard is very nice too!

Again, I really enjoy the photos! Thanks for all your hard works in organizing and posting them. :)

The Pin should be in your room along with your latitudes welcome letter. I had the letter but not the pin. I went to the cruise consultant's desk and he gave them to me. Other's said their pin's were in their cabin.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures!

The Pin should be in your room along with your latitudes welcome letter. I had the letter but not the pin. I went to the cruise consultant's desk and he gave them to me. Other's said their pin's were in their cabin.

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures!

Didn't Gambee say someone gave him a pin so he could get stronger drinks?

Although we cruise often, this will be only my 3rd NCL cruise (Dreamward and Sky).

Was he just joking about wearing the pin for stronger drinks LOL

I'll make each member of my family go down and get them and wear them all together if this is really the case LOL

Thanks.

Didn't Gambee say someone gave him a pin so he could get stronger drinks?

Although we cruise often, this will be only my 3rd NCL cruise (Dreamward and Sky).

Was he just joking about wearing the pin for stronger drinks LOL

I'll make each member of my family go down and get them and wear them all together if this is really the case LOL

Thanks.

Haha, no he wasn't joking. My mother-in-law gave me a ton of blinking light up pins, some looked like margaritas glasses, martini glasses, and wine glasses. I thought I'd share them with Gambee since he likes mixed drinks. Some bartenders love it if you give them the pins and they'll hook you up.

So these pins are not the same as the latitude pins.

Haha, no he wasn't joking. My mother-in-law gave me a ton of blinking light up pins, some looked like margaritas glasses, martini glasses, and wine glasses. I thought I'd share them with Gambee since he likes mixed drinks. Some bartenders love it if you give them the pins and they'll hook you up.

So these pins are not the same as the latitude pins.

LOL, I have one of those pins, the blinking light pins. I have it in my cruise drawer in my attic and plan on bringing it with me! Maybe I need to get more LOL

Enjoy that puzzle! Lol, I really did try to take them in order but after awhile it becomes tiresome to haul my huge camera around.

I think I figured out the order of the MDR dinner menus! I believe you actually have them in order -- just backwards!!

I was able to figure out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday based on what you ate. The rest is an assumption, but the other days seem to fit the pattern.

So, the first day listed is Saturday, then Friday, and so on, until Sunday at the end.

Thanks again for posting!

Brad

I think I figured out the order of the MDR dinner menus! I believe you actually have them in order -- just backwards!!

I was able to figure out Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday based on what you ate. The rest is an assumption, but the other days seem to fit the pattern.

So, the first day listed is Saturday, then Friday, and so on, until Sunday at the end.

Brad

Awesome! I know Sunday night was lobster night.

At least you were entertained for awhile with your puzzle :)

Your review and photos are wonderful! I loved them and thank you so much for bringing this vacation so much closer. :D

I already know what I want to eat! lol

We are also booked in a mid-ship mini-suite. Your photos put my mind at ease and are just marvelous! Well done!

Your review and photos are wonderful! I loved them and thank you so much for bringing this vacation so much closer. :D

I already know what I want to eat! lol

We are also booked in a mid-ship mini-suite. Your photos put my mind at ease and are just marvelous! Well done!

Thanks!

You will love your minisuite (I hope you have a roomw with the bed by the balcony). The shower is just all sorts of amazing!! I love how roomy the bathroom is.

Have a great time!

Brad

Friday was a crab cake appetizer. Does that help with your menu order theory?

We have a mini suite on deck 12. All this talk about bed placement has me wondering. We will be 2 adults, a toddler on the sofa and a baby in a pack n play. Tight I know! Would you rather the bed be by the closet or balcony? Right now it's by the closet. I can't weight the pros and cons to decide. Closet good--we won't wake the kids when we get in after the show(there will be a sitter there) won't wake them if we use bathroom but won't get to really use the balcony?

We have a mini suite on deck 12. All this talk about bed placement has me wondering. We will be 2 adults, a toddler on the sofa and a baby in a pack n play. Tight I know! Would you rather the bed be by the closet or balcony? Right now it's by the closet. I can't weight the pros and cons to decide. Closet good--we won't wake the kids when we get in after the show(there will be a sitter there) won't wake them if we use bathroom but won't get to really use the balcony?

I haven't found a good picture of the room with the bed by the closet. Since you'll have a toddler on the sofa and a baby in a pack and play having the bed by the closet might be a better set up. They will be out of your way if you have to get up and use the bathroom. The Balcony doors have a door luck that is almost at the top of the door so there is no way a little one will be able to unlock it and escape.

Friday was a crab cake appetizer. Does that help with your menu order theory?

Yes it does! That fits right in, supporting my theory. :)

To anyone following along, here is what I believe to be the menu for each day -- assuming your sailing is the same order as Slice's:

(I will only list the first appetizer)

Sunday: Roasted Garlic Palenta Cake (Because this is the Surf and Turf menu that is always the first night on NCL)

Monday: Prosciutto with Melon and Figs (Because it fits the pattern)

Tuesday: Sundried Tomato and Sweet Onion Quiche (Because Slice said in her review she had the Wild Mushroom Ravioli this night)

Wednesday: Beef Empenada (Because Slice said she had the Kung Pao Chicken)

Thursday: Meze Grilled Pork Sausage (Because it fits the pattern)

Friday: Blue Crab Cake (See note above)

Saturday: Tempura Fried Mushrooms (Because Slice said she had the Beef Stroganoff)

By the way, I notice you live in Maryland --- we are in Montgomery County!

Thanks again for your help and posting the wonderful menus and pictures!

Brad

To anyone following along, here is what I believe to be the menu for each day -- assuming your sailing is the same order as Slice's:

Sunday: Roasted Garlic Palenta Cake (Because this is the Surf and Turf menu that is always the first night on NCL)

Tuesday: Sundried Tomato and Sweet Onion Quiche (Because Slice said in her review she had the Wild Mushroom Ravioli this night)

Saturday: Tempura Fried Mushrooms (Because Slice said she had the Beef Stroganoff)

Brad

And this is for which restaurant, Manhattan, Savor or Taste?

Great work at solving the puzzle, btw!

All three. This appetizers, entrees and desserts that change nightly are the same in all three dinning rooms.

So what changes nightly is the same change in all three rooms? But what stays the same each night is different depending on the room?

If that's the case, I also want to know what stays the same for each room!

So what changes nightly is the same change in all three rooms? But what stays the same each night is different depending on the room?

If that's the case, I also want to know what stays the same for each room!

Yes, that is my understanding.

The "Always Available" in the Manhattan Room are the first two pictures of post #3. The "Always Available" in the Savor and Taste are the first two pictures of post #6. Savor and Taste have the same menu.

The Dessert menu, from what I understand, is the same in all 3 MDRs. The desserts above the line are the three that change nightly. The ones below the line are the ones that stay the same.

Hope that helps!

--Brad

Brad

You are awesome! I should buy you a drink, lol!

I'm in Anne Arundel County! Small world :)

Yes, that is my understanding.

The "Always Available" in the Manhattan Room are the first two pictures of post #3. The "Always Available" in the Savor and Taste are the first two pictures of post #6. Savor and Taste have the same menu.

The Dessert menu, from what I understand, is the same in all 3 MDRs. The desserts above the line are the three that change nightly. The ones below the line are the ones that stay the same.

Hope that helps!

--Brad

Thank you, I got it now....and yes it helps. I have Ocean Blue reserved for Wednesday (lucky to have booked it at $35.00) but didn't want to miss the Prime Rib night......which I didn't! LOL