Curves - Weight Loss

BUDDY7

Adventure Girl,

Way to go...well today I went with my good friend and I'm not sure if she enjoyed it. But she is willing to go back tomorrow so that is a good sign. I ended up doing three times around...whew..that was work..so that I could stay with her. I didn't have my measurements done yet, my favorite lady who usually does it wasn't in today..so I have to wait until tomorrow. But..I'm hopeful and I want Deanne to have her measurements taken by her also...shes terrific and she'll be nice to Deanne through the whole process.

You'll make it on Wednesday...let us know!! I want you to know I walked continuously this weekend, even took the dog, who ended up stopping in the middle of the trail halfway back...as if to say..carry me...I dragged him back to the car. It appears that he needs some additional exercise... Good luck everyone..

Well, I didn't make it to Curves tonight. But, I was truly planning on it. My co-worker and cruise buddy and curves buddy, Connie, and I were completely planning to go to Curves after work tonight. Then, around 3pm, our other cruise buddy, Bev, called to see if we wanted to go to Filenes after work to hit the summer sales for cruise wear. So, Connie and I skipped out on going to Curves....went shopping...found great buys, but then went out to dinner...and I won't even tell you what we ate. Oh, we were so bad.

Tomorrow's another day. I hope everyone else made it to Curves. How did you do this week Phillis? Did you get measured today?

Yep, I sure did get measured...and a little disappointed, but maybe a little thrilled also. 8 lbs weight loss, .50 off both arms, 1 inch off each thigh, .25 off breasts and 1 inch off the waist...thats where I am a little disappointed. But in two months time, 17.5 lbs and 2.50% body fat..so..I'll keep going! and keep walking! So...when are going back? Although I have to admit Filene's, if they were in this area would have beckoned to me. I took Deanne on Monday..she hated it and called me on Tuesday and said it just wasn't the right time for her....I'm hoping she'll change her mind after shes eaten a zillion Christmas cookies and fudge this upcoming holiday season. I can't imagine not liking Curves as I enjoy going each and every time... Hope everyone is having a great week...thanks for caring Adventure Girl, it is much appreciated!

wow, i can't imagine anyone not liking curves, maybe your friend will change her mind....I am not an exercise person, at all.....and I love it! Way more energy! Lost 10 inches this last month and gained 1 pound...don't know where that pound came from, but I like the 10 inches part...of course that meant I had to go thru everything in my closet in order to come up with clothes for our sept 19 cruise...and there was everything in there from a size 16 to a 24.....guess I need to clean out the closet a little more often...so this time, it all went to Goodwill, don't ever intend to be that size again!

Beverly

Good evening everyone. I have been going to Curves with Kim since December. I have tried other exercise programs and never lasted this long. Upon expressing my frustration to her today, she mentioned that she has been chatting here and that everyone has been very supportive. So far I have lost about 30 lbs. and need to loose more. I have reached a point where I am tired of dieting and want a break. Well, I know that is not good and I was telling Kim I need my second wind. I think I am ready.

I was reading everyone's comments on Curves. I have spoke with several people and they have started to loose weight by maximizing the work out and dieting. I know that when I started Weight Watchers in addition to Curves, it started coming off fast. Some other people at Curves have followed the diet plan they have. Others have done South Beach or a combination. I personally like Weight Watchers as it allows me to eat the things I want to eat. Although I have learned many ways to make the program work for me, it is not always easy.

Welcome Island Dreamer. What date are you going on Mariner? We are going 11/28.

I love Curves. Have just completed my first year and renewed for a 2nd year. I started a "modified Atkins" plan last May ('03) and the joined Curves in July ('03). I think the combination together really seems to work for me. I say "modified Atkins" because I have determined water & air have carbs and I can get more than my daily allotment of carbs before I ever leave the bedroom of a morning (and there is no food in there). I do really good for awhile and then I do bad for a while. I am trying to do good now. I really enjoy Curves even though sometimes I gain instead of losing but sometimes I think it is fat "changing over" to muscle and therefore not too bad. I can tell in my clothes when I am doing good or bad. I think Atkins/South Beach/Curves weight program are all fairly similiar in that you really limit your carbs on all of them (at least from what I understand).

If you are losing what you want to on WW then stick with it. If you want a change of pace, then try one of the others. I just have learned over the years that I love carbs and they love me. That obviously is the reason they stay glued to my hips and thighs when I eat them.

If work doesn't allow me to do Curves as much as I would like then I do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds Express at home.

Hi to all of my Curves buddies! I finally got back on track and I made it to Curves 3 times this week. I'm so glad that I pushed myself and went. Mid week I was worried that I wouldn't make it, but luckily I did.

Skiiergirl: Island Dreamer and I will be on the Mariner the week of Nov 7-14, 2004. We have about 85 days until we sail so we both need to get extremely serious about our diet and exercise. Time goes fast and if we keep saying "tomorrow I'll start my diet".....it will be too late.

Phillis: Losing 8 lbs is GREAT! good for you! And, I would LOVE to lose an inch on my thighs.....that is one place that I have NEVER lost any inches. My thighs are huge and jiggly...I don't know how to reduce the size of my thighs. I think you should be proud of losing inches on you thigh!

I found another bargain dress today....another long gown for $5 and one for $10. I couldn't believe it!

Keep moving ladies....we are all Amazing Women!

Adventure Girl, thanks..you are just finding all kinds of terrific clothes!! I just haven't brought myself to that point..want to lose another 20 lbs before I start searching..that may be a challenge since the summer season is coming to an end! But will make due with whatever...since I'll be thrilled to be on a cruise in December!!! I'm so proud of you making it to Curves 3 x last week..This is my last week before I return to work for the school year..so I'm going at least four times and then it will be a challenge once I'm back in the work routine!! But with all of you supporting me and each other, we'll all make it!

groovybaby76..let us know...we all know that you'll be successful!

ASM..hope you like it..let us know!

Have a great week everyone!

My first time of the "Loose Before You Cruise" board. I'm also a member of Curves...been going since the end of April. I haven't seen a whole lot of results yet. But I joined WW about a month ago so I'm finally losing some pounds. They just tightened our machines this weekend at our Curves so I'm hoping I'll get more toned soon.

Welcome Can't Wait 2 Cruise! I like Curves because it is a low impact workout. It isn't tough on the joints, and there are no machines to constantly adjust. I have also met some very nice people.

How has everyone been doing? I went to Curves 1x this week, but will be going tomorrow. I did manage a 20 min walk tonight. I need to keep going as I skipped weigh in for August and hope to see some results in September. That is only a few weeks away.

Have a great day everyone!
Connie

Hi Everyone,

Well I've already made it 3 x this week and walked our rail trail twice this week..a nice two mile walk. I read in Good Housekeeping that if you walk an additional 5000 steps you can lose 2 lbs a month without dieting...hmm...I wonder if that got out that everyone would get rid of their cars and global warming could be stifled. But I'm willing to do these walks at the advice of Adventure Girl to hope that I fit into a much smaller bathing suit by December. Hope everyone has a great weekend..I'm going to Curves tomorrow as a last hurrah before I begin the new school year on Monday..then its Curves in the late afternoon after spending the day in the high school!

I've been bad, bad BAD this week. Haven't been at all...feeling quite guilty about this fact. I guess next week is a new week. So back into the swing of tihngs on Monday. Can't believe I missed all week though...really not good.

I too was bad, bad, bad this week. I didn't make it to Curves one day this week. I'm terrible. Mon & Tues I couldn't go due to daycare issues, Wed I was working out of town, Thurs I was planning to go, but my coworker, (Island Dreamer) and I talked ourselves out of it....tonight, again, planning to go but worked later than I thought and just came home. Uggh. I tried getting back on the low carb diet plan, but messed that up too. Last night I decided that I just don't care.....I am what I am....and that is just the way it is. Some days I'm very good, some days I'm bad. I did walk on the treadmill once this week. Was thinking about it for tonight, but probably won't happen.

Phillis: Good for you on your walking....keep it up. I'm telling you, it will help. That is why I try to walk on my treadmill when I miss Curves. And, at work now, my coworker and I try to take a 10 min brisk walk at some point during the day if we can fit it into my schedule. I'm glad that you have been able to fit a walk into your schedule. Sorry to hear that your summer vacation is coming to an end. I hope your return to the school year goes o.k. Just keep your thoughts on December!

Keep moving ladies.

Had my appointment on Tues and my first workout yesterday. I'm really determined to make this work. I've a long way to go but I'm excited about getting started. We have 8 machines. Is that the norm? I'm still learning to use them but so far I don't hate them! :)

Just got home from my workout at curves. I really pushed myself today. I was determined to do the right number of times on each machine.
I printed out the R&R from a previous post.
I have to admit I could feel the difference.
I've lost 30 lbs, and 30" and am determined not to put it back on.

I find that if I go to curves at least twice a week I can keep my weight off.
I want to lose another 4 lbs before our Hawaii cruise the end of Sept. That will give me some "wiggle room"
Keep up all the good effort and work everyone
Karen P

Well, I did make it to Curves on Friday so that is twice for the week. Hopefully this week will be better. I need to get my clothes ready. I have a pair of pants on today that I bought last year when I was loosing weight, but they were snug and not able to wear them. I put them on today and they feel good. A little snug when I sit down, but nothing compared to when I bought them. One small step, and I'll take it.

I think we have 12 or 13 stations all together. To go completely around three times, it takes about 40 minutes.

Good luck this week everyone. Keep up the hard wark and determination!

Island Dreamer: My Curves only lets us go around twice. Do you sneak that third one or is it ok to do that at your Curves?

It's going to be tough to get all three in this week since I am working two nights this week...but I MUST...so now that that is decided...just need to live up to it.

Hope you all have a successful week.

I made it in three times last week. I usually try to go Mon. through Thurs. I didn't feel well Wed. or Thurs. so I sucked it up and went for the third time on Friday. Our Curves was passing out a sheet that says you get the maximum benefit by going three times a week (90%). Two times a week is also good. The interesting thing was it said that those who go five times a week only get 50% of the benefit. Pretty interesting. It didn't address four times a week, which is what I shoot for. Anyone else hear anything about this topic?

Hello all.....I am not a curves member but I plan to be and wanted to give you all a little encouragement.

My cousins sister-in-law has been going to curves for a little over a year and has dropped....are you ready, 130 lbs! I couldn't believe it when she told me. I knew that she had been going but had no idea how much she has lost. She contributes(sp) all of it to curves. She has had five kids and just balloned after each one, after her fifth she just couldn't get the weight off and even considered having the stomach stapling. This was her last ditch effort and it worked. She follwed the diet they put her on(i think the low carb one) and went three to four times a week!!!!

After hearing her story I plan to join tomorrow. I have not seen her yet, my husband is in the military so we move quit a bit, but plan to next month. She just had a tummy tuck, you can imagine the excess skin she had. Her health insurance paid for it and next month they are paying for a breast augmantation(sp)! I want her insurance!!!!

Good luck to you all, and now since I will be a curves customer I plan to check in with you all!

groovybaby: Island Dreamer and I go to the same Curves location. I specifically asked the staff there about going around 2 times or 3 times. She told me to go around 3 times. They don't care. Whatever we feel comfortable doing. She even told me I could go around 4 times if I wanted to....they don't care. There are some women who go to Curves 4 times a week at our location. I'm lucky if I make it 1 time per week lately! Didn't go at all last week.....worked too late to go tonight.....the week is shot already.
I'm cruising in 13 days an my waist is getting bigger and bigger every day! Yuck!

130 lbs!!! Wow..she is incredible and pass on my good wishes to her.

Adventure Girl..get moving or all those incredible clothes aren't going to fit..I know its hard..after yesterday, the first day back..it took all I had to go and start moving..but went to Curves and then walked with my neighbor later in the evening. But believe me...I won't be so good once the weather turns really cold..It was different going at that time..the place was packed..I didn't realize since I had been going in the middle of the afternoon..its like they have their own little clique at that time..so I just worked out and went home.

Keep moving everyone..

We have 9 machines with a "resting block" between each. We are supposed to go around 3 times. Sometimes I go around more though. If I am busy talking then I make it 4 or 5 times before I realize it. If there is no one there (or no one talking) then I have to push myself to make it the 3 rounds.

Our location recommends you come 3 times per week. We get $1 Curves Buck for 3 times in a week and $2 Curves Bucks for 6 times in a week. six times is hard to make though with the limited hours at our location.

They say 3 times a week is optimal as long as you are doing some sort of workout/activity at other times during the week too. But if Curves is all you are doing then you should go more than 3 times.

Our location hours are 8:30 to 1:00 and then 3:30 to 7:00 M-Thurs. 8:30 to 1:00 and 3:30 to 6 on Friday. 8:30 to 10:30 on Saturday.

What hours are your location open????

Archived