RCL and Celebrity: Can you earn points on one by cruising the other?

I didn't see this specific topic discussed (or perhaps my Google Fu has failed me), so please forgive if this has been discussed to death. My question is to do with earning points, rather than getting benefits from your current status.

My wife and I have booked our third cruise and all three have been with Celebrity. We'll be Select level on X's Captain's Club after the upcoming cruise and we consider ourselves loyalists. But with Navigator coming to Galveston year-round in November, sailing from Galveston is a very appealing option. If we could build points through C&A toward Captain's Club, I think we'd be likely to take a few more short itineraries with RCL to boost our points.

Thanks in advance.

No.

Points are earned separately for each line's membership program for sailings only on each specific cruise line. You can't earn Captain's Club points for sailing on Royal Caribbean. You can't earn Crown and Anchor points for sailing on Celebrity.

There are reciprocal benefits, though.

If you are Platinum or Emerald in Crown and Anchor, you will be entitled to the Select level in the Captain's Club when sailing on Celebrity

If you are Diamond or Diamond Plus in Crown and Anchor, you will entitled to the Elite level in the Captain's Club when sailing on Celebrity

If you are Select level in the Captain's Club, you will be entitled to Platinum level in Crown and Anchor when sailing on Royal Caribbean

If you are Elite level in the Captain's Club, you will be entitled to Diamond level in Crown and Anchor when sailing on Royal Caribbean

yes, and no.

you would be given the appropriate C&A status based on your Celebrity level, but at zero credits/points.

so if you get assigned say Diamond.. you would be Diamond with zero points, meaning you need to amass 175 points on Royal before you made D+ and no cruises on Celebrity going forward would count.

also no cruises on Royal would count towards your Celebrity status.

If you want to boost your Celebrity credits, sail in Concierge Class or above. As of now, you get double credits for a glorified balcony cabin. You could also sail two short back to back cruises (4 credits if CC or above!) rather than a single 7-11 day cruise. If building Celebrity status is important to you, sail soon, as rumor has it Captain's Club changes are coming in the third quarter.

Archived