A Week on The World's Largest Cruise Ship: A Photo/Video Allure (Western) Review

I am so enjoying your review and will be going on the Allure of the Seas in August. Can you tell me how to subscribe so I can see all the cruise compasses, menus, etc.? If you have the cruise compasses, direct me to the correct spot or if you a link to them. Thanks. Can't wait to read all of your review.

I am so enjoying your review and will be going on the Allure of the Seas in August. Can you tell me how to subscribe so I can see all the cruise compasses, menus, etc.? If you have the cruise compasses, direct me to the correct spot or if you a link to them. Thanks. Can't wait to read all of your review.

At the top of the thread, click Thread Tools, then Subscribe to this Thread.

Nicole,

I'm so happy you're back! I've enjoyed your blog for years!!

Once you're done with this amazing review, would you mind doing a post on your blog on how you and Stephanie use Priceline and Hotwire for your hotels and rental cars. I know NOTHING about those sites! It would be greatly appreciated!

Again, so happy you're back to your blog!! I've miss you and your family!!

Mare

Loving the review. Just a quick priceline question for you. I know from reading your other reviews that you always priceline your pre-cruise hotel and that you used to travel with 4 people when your grandmother was still alive. After you received the hotel name through priceline, did you then call to verify the room would sleep 4? The last several times I've used priceline I've been given a room with only 1 bed, even when traveling with my teenage son. I'd love to have 2 beds in the room and I just wondered if this is something you confirm with the hotel ahead of time.

Thanks so much. I love all of your reviews and your blog!! As a Floridian who lives in Orlando, it's nice to get others' views on the Disney thing!!

Going on the Allure in February. Loving your photos. You're reminding me of the food we had on the Oasis, and what we have to look forward to on the Allure.

I'm so hungry now! If you show a picture of my fave RCI treat, the Promenade Café's sunflower seed granola bars, I'm going to take a bite of my laptop!!! :eek:

Sorry to hear about your credit card fiasco. Did you notify your cc company prior to leaving that you would be out of your spending zone? Giving them a detailed itinerary of when you are leaving, where you are going to be and when you will be returning home can save you hours of frustration...............and a canceled credit card.:D

great review so far! I can't wait to see the pics you took of the Allure...loved that ship :)

Thanks! We kind of loved it, too :)

Have to ask as a fellow Plantation (aka 1/2 way between my 2 favorite things... Port Everglades & Sawgrass Mills!) girl myself what's your usual PL rate for the hotel and for some reason I can't place it... Is it behind the Kohl's by the Courtyard Marriott and Hampton Inn?

We always go with 3.5* & get Sheraton Suites since we're always guaranteed places for 3 to sleep with their sofa beds... Always for under $80 :)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

When we stay in Plantation, we always stay at the Renaissance (4*) and it's never more than $100. It's an easy guarantee, too, since it's the only 4* in Plantation on Priceline's list.

Re: location, it's not too far from the Courtyard or Hampton Inn. It's right off the highway, actually. Easy access to Fort Lauderdale/Boca/Miami/Sawgrass Mills...and free parking :)

Wonderful review, will be on Allure in 55 days....can't wait! Love all the pictures:)

You'll love it! We did! :)

Can't wait to read more. I love all your carnival reviews, especially the food pics!

Glad to hear it! :)

Nicole,

I'm so happy you're back! I've enjoyed your blog for years!!

Once you're done with this amazing review, would you mind doing a post on your blog on how you and Stephanie use Priceline and Hotwire for your hotels and rental cars. I know NOTHING about those sites! It would be greatly appreciated!

Again, so happy you're back to your blog!! I've miss you and your family!!

Mare

Awww thanks Mare!!

And I'd be happy to do a post about Priceline/Hotwire tips. I've actually been kicking around the idea of doing one for awhile :)

Loving the review. Just a quick priceline question for you. I know from reading your other reviews that you always priceline your pre-cruise hotel and that you used to travel with 4 people when your grandmother was still alive. After you received the hotel name through priceline, did you then call to verify the room would sleep 4? The last several times I've used priceline I've been given a room with only 1 bed, even when traveling with my teenage son. I'd love to have 2 beds in the room and I just wondered if this is something you confirm with the hotel ahead of time.

Thanks so much. I love all of your reviews and your blog!! As a Floridian who lives in Orlando, it's nice to get others' views on the Disney thing!!

Hey pcrum!

So when we use Priceline (which is pretty much for every stay less than three or four days), we always call them right after we book to verify the reservation and request two beds. Usually, they'll give us the textbook spiel of "Well, you've booked through Priceline so we can't guarantee you two beds, but we'll make a note of the request," but for all except the hotel we stayed in after we got off the Allure, we've had our request fulfilled. Many times, too, I can get points put on my loyalty cards at check-in (the Westin in Buckhead always gives me points on my Starwood Preferred Guest card and tries to put us on a preferred floor even when I book through Priceline. Intercontinental hotels usually give me points for my stays even when I use Priceline).

Going on the Allure in February. Loving your photos. You're reminding me of the food we had on the Oasis, and what we have to look forward to on the Allure.

I'm so hungry now! If you show a picture of my fave RCI treat, the Promenade Café's sunflower seed granola bars, I'm going to take a bite of my laptop!!! :eek:

I'll have to see if I have a pic of those amongst my Promenade Cafe pics ;)

Sorry to hear about your credit card fiasco. Did you notify your cc company prior to leaving that you would be out of your spending zone? Giving them a detailed itinerary of when you are leaving, where you are going to be and when you will be returning home can save you hours of frustration...............and a canceled credit card.:D

I didn't, but only because I've traveled numerous times within and outside the country with this card for years without incident. What it came down to on this trip was an overzealous rep and a bank error, which was really just some awful luck but, you know, now we know better for next time!

I went ahead and checked out the blog. I'm sailing in 2 weeks, not on the Allure, but still RC. I really appreciated the pics of the drink menu :D I've been on a mimosa kick for about a month and I was so happy to see that page. Love the pictures and great review.

Hey pcrum!

So when we use Priceline (which is pretty much for every stay less than three or four days), we always call them right after we book to verify the reservation and request two beds. Usually, they'll give us the textbook spiel of "Well, you've booked through Priceline so we can't guarantee you two beds, but we'll make a note of the request," but for all except the hotel we stayed in after we got off the Allure, we've had our request fulfilled. Many times, too, I can get points put on my loyalty cards at check-in (the Westin in Buckhead always gives me points on my Starwood Preferred Guest card and tries to put us on a preferred floor even when I book through Priceline. Intercontinental hotels usually give me points for my stays even when I use Priceline).

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of giving that a try with Priceline for our next trip. We will be traveling with 4 people, so will definitely need the 2 beds!! That's great that you get loyalty points when booking with priceline. Unfortunately Hilton Honors have not been so accommodating to me when booking through priceline. I've stayed at the Doubletree numerous times and when I've asked for the points to be added to my Hilton Honors account, I was told that rooms booked by 3rd party vendors do not count towards Hilton Honors points. I think Hilton needs to take a look at what other hotel chains are doing!!

Thanks again. Looking forward to the rest of the review!!

I went ahead and checked out the blog. I'm sailing in 2 weeks, not on the Allure, but still RC. I really appreciated the pics of the drink menu :D I've been on a mimosa kick for about a month and I was so happy to see that page. Love the pictures and great review.

Glad you found it helpful! :)

Hi, Nicole me and family are going on the Allure Aug 4th, I was wondering where did you print out you daily planner for your binder, there is so much to do with two kids I want to.have a plan

I found it here on CC. I know someone from my sailing posted the Compasses the day after we disembarked. A few quick searches should yield something around here. I found all my stuff on this board!

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of giving that a try with Priceline for our next trip. We will be traveling with 4 people, so will definitely need the 2 beds!! That's great that you get loyalty points when booking with priceline. Unfortunately Hilton Honors have not been so accommodating to me when booking through priceline. I've stayed at the Doubletree numerous times and when I've asked for the points to be added to my Hilton Honors account, I was told that rooms booked by 3rd party vendors do not count towards Hilton Honors points. I think Hilton needs to take a look at what other hotel chains are doing!!

Thanks again. Looking forward to the rest of the review!!

Yeah, we've had some mixed Hilton/Hilton brand experiences through Priceline. Starwood has generally been top notch for us, regardless of how we book.

Great review and pics. 3 months to go and we are on her !

Thank you! And have a fantastic voyage! :)

Great review and pics! I especially appreciated seeing the Boca Raton exit sign and hearing about the time you spent in Florida. We live in Boca! :D

Thank you! And I'm all about sharing in the Boca Raton love. Every time we head down Glades, it feels like we're coming home :)

Enjoying your review! We're also from Chicago, and always take the "OMG it's a palm tree!" picture too. Something about seeing that first palm tree of the trip! Also, spent 6 weeks of every summer of my childhood shipped to my grandparent's house in Boynton Beach, Florida! We always shopped in Boca!

Good find on the winter coats, and that TJ Maxx sounds fab!

No matter how many times I go to Florida, I can never get enough palm trees. I think all my friends must groan when I travel and spam my Facebook and Instagram with pics of palm trees ;)

Enjoying your review! I'm also fascinated by all this Priceline stuff! There's like an art to it!:D

Looking forward to exploring your bog a bit more too! Love the unlimited photos thing;)

There kind of is an art to it, I suppose. It's taken me awhile to figure out how to play the system to get what I want but we've definitely benefited from years of playing around with it :) I'll post some tips when I'm done with this review (speaking of which...I'm off to write! Hopefully I'll be back with some more review in a couple hours!).