Cruise Critic Community
bonlewis

Victory 5/27 - 6/1

Well, the good news is we had a ton of fun. The other news is we had to do it without the SUN! Rain, Clouds, and then more rain and clouds. 14th cruise so I knew the odds would catch up to us eventually.

Victory is already late for her drydock & upgrades. But this cruise was such a deal with all the price drops, we really can't complain.

Ship personnel were awesome, the ship is just really tired after 13 years. Docking next to the Disney Dream was not fare to Victory either. Rust lines and dingy paint compared to the fresh & bright Dream was quite a contrast.

Remember that they have a line for the burgers, hotdogs & chicken at the very back of the boat (near the pizza) that rarely had lines.

Music by the pool is way too loud! And its weird DJ music, very little cruising music. Putt-putt was pretty cool - 11 holes was sort of odd.

Comedian Tom Foss was awesome "HE11 Yeah" but the other guy was horrible. Only sat thru his show to have a seat to see Tom.

Navigating this ship is like a maze. I stayed lost. And the walkways to dinner and the shows were always jammed with people taking pictures or selling something.

Faster to the Fun is well worth the investment. We were on Half Moon Cay well ahead of the first open tenders. And the "Immigration Inspection" did nothing to slow embarkation, we were in our rooms at 11:30 even though their email said the earliest would be 1:30. We were literally the first people off the ship, in the car and headed home at 7:15.

Thanks for the quick review! We are heading to the Victory in September for our 2nd trip on her. It is good to hear some reasonably good comments as we really enjoyed her a few years ago.

Sorry you had weather that was not the best, but, we can't do much about that so we just have to find other ways to have a good time!

Thanks for the quickie! We are on the Victory at the end of Sept. Booked airfare for 3:15 out of FLL to return home. We may have a long wait, but then on the other hand, it is hurricane season... so we didn't want to take the chance on missing our flights.. i would really hate to be at the airport at 9 when we fly out so much later. :eek:

Thanks for the quickie! We are on the Victory at the end of Sept. Booked airfare for 3:15 out of FLL to return home. We may have a long wait, but then on the other hand, it is hurricane season... so we didn't want to take the chance on missing our flights.. i would really hate to be at the airport at 9 when we fly out so much later. :eek:

We were on this same cruise. We had a 1:55 out of FLL. Just so you know,you are not allowed to check your luggage any earlier than 3 hours prior. We got there at 10:20ish and were told we couldn't check in til 10:55am.

We were on this same cruise. We had a 1:55 out of FLL. Just so you know,you are not allowed to check your luggage any earlier than 3 hours prior. We got there at 10:20ish and were told we couldn't check in til 10:55am.

Thanks! Maybe we will hang out on the ship as long as we can... but then again, the last time we did that, it was a bad choice. We didn't leave until 9 and then were told we could not go to the front of the line even though we were priority and vips and FTTFs. They told us to leave early, you must leave first thing. Well, this wasn't true on the past 23 cruises... so I think it was just guest services. Anyway, Karl with a K, was there telling everyone goodbye, and let us go ahead in the line. Whew! then it got worse. The lines in customs were horrible because of us visiting Belize. Everyone without a US passport was being photographed and fingerprinted as they reached the customs desk. We stood in that line forever. After all was said and done, we arrived at the airport at 12:30!!! Luckily, our flights had been delayed , or else we would have missed it.

Had it not been for Karl, we would have missed our flight too, because the line still on the ship was ridiculously long.

Edited by cruzn buckeye

Sorry you didn't have better weather. We were on the Victory about a month ago and were lucky enough to have beautiful weather.

I agree that the cruise was a great value. We had been on the Victory back in 2004, and the wear and tear of the intervening 9 years was evident, but not a deal breaker. The most I noticed was rust around the bottoms of the lido deck bars. Everything was clean, however, and the crew was very good, as the OP mentioned.

We mainly selected this cruise because of Half Moon Cay, and it was beautiful. We had just been on the Liberty a few months prior, and it was hard not to compare the two ships, but I would sail on the Victory again if the price was right. It's a nice little 5-day cruise if you're looking for a quick getaway.

We also did FTTF, and it worked out well for us too. We'll be platinum next cruise, so we won't need FTTF anymore, but I think it's great that it's an option for those who need/want it.

This was my 3rd time on the Victory and yes she is starting to show her age. We had FFTF and it was well worth it. The crew was awesome. Marcelo our waiter in YTD was the best. We had 9:45 pm flights out of FLL on JetBlue and did luggage express. We spent the day with relatives in Fort Lauderdale then got to the airport at 9pm no lines just walked right through the TSA check point and was aboard the flight by 9:20pm. Both programs worth the money.:D

Well, the good news is we had a ton of fun. The other news is we had to do it without the SUN! Rain, Clouds, and then more rain and clouds. 14th cruise so I knew the odds would catch up to us eventually.

Victory is already late for her drydock & upgrades. But this cruise was such a deal with all the price drops, we really can't complain.

Ship personnel were awesome, the ship is just really tired after 13 years. Docking next to the Disney Dream was not fare to Victory either. Rust lines and dingy paint compared to the fresh & bright Dream was quite a contrast.

Remember that they have a line for the burgers, hotdogs & chicken at the very back of the boat (near the pizza) that rarely had lines.

Music by the pool is way too loud! And its weird DJ music, very little cruising music. Putt-putt was pretty cool - 11 holes was sort of odd.

Comedian Tom Foss was awesome "HE11 Yeah" but the other guy was horrible. Only sat thru his show to have a seat to see Tom.

Navigating this ship is like a maze. I stayed lost. And the walkways to dinner and the shows were always jammed with people taking pictures or selling something.

Faster to the Fun is well worth the investment. We were on Half Moon Cay well ahead of the first open tenders. And the "Immigration Inspection" did nothing to slow embarkation, we were in our rooms at 11:30 even though their email said the earliest would be 1:30. We were literally the first people off the ship, in the car and headed home at 7:15.

Was on the same cruise arrived at 2:45PM Had to drop some Doc's off Was given the wrong address.

Wife booked the Deep sea fishing excursion for Grand Turk, which they cancel on the 28th went to Gibbs Cay. on first tour out heavy winds and rain about 50% of the time some snorkeling, Had two good size sting rays and about four small rays. Had bad luck on this tour was watching a small ray and not the surf and went tumbling and landed of a loose piece of coral. Found a small piece in the cut. Had to cancel all excursion :eek:

This was the wetest cruise we ever had

Planned to spend the 29th by the pool while everyone was on Half Moon Cay. No Luck there That Music was so loud Thought that they were playing it for the Island. Move to the Aft pool and found it closed. So did the Washing. Got back and found the toilet was out of order (the first of 3times) we had cabin 1278.

Wife took the Atlantis aquaventure full day w/lunch She said that it was ok but to spread out and the maps and signs were hard to used. And trying to get lunch was a a chore in it self Three of the four listing were closed

Then She went shopping. We just about had to buy an new bag to carry everything

Was glad that we took the Express luggage . That night leg swollen to twice it nomal size found that I had coral posioning and had to get a wheelchair to depart the ship.Had the leg drain and clean out. Having a great post cruise time:eek: Anyone got a saw handy

Paul

Looking for a cruise this comming DEC./JAN.