St Vincent day resort pass

soobs

We didn't plan for our first Caribbean cruise due to my parents being ill just before we went. We are hoping to go again later in the year and would be hoping to do some day passes in local resorts close to the ports.

On some of the beaches we went to we paid $20 for a sunbed with the loos not being to good and the sunbeds not up to much either so a visit to a resort with the option of a beach as well as the pool seams a good option. We are visiting Barbados, St Vincent, Dominica - where there wasn't much to do, St Lucia - where it rained so we didn't see much, Antigua, St Kitts, Grank Turk, Tortola - we went to a resort no charge here, St Maarten - my favorite.

Any suggestions anyone

• 4 weeks later...
We didn't plan for our first Caribbean cruise due to my parents being ill just before we went. We are hoping to go again later in the year and would be hoping to do some day passes in local resorts close to the ports.

On some of the beaches we went to we paid $20 for a sunbed with the loos not being to good and the sunbeds not up to much either so a visit to a resort with the option of a beach as well as the pool seams a good option. We are visiting Barbados, St Vincent, Dominica - where there wasn't much to do, St Lucia - where it rained so we didn't see much, Antigua, St Kitts, Grank Turk, Tortola - we went to a resort no charge here, St Maarten - my favorite.

Any suggestions anyone

Would like to help you... We have had a lot of fun in all these ports. If you are looking for a day pass to a resort in St. Vincent, I don't think you are going to find any. When we went, we contacted the resort there at Young Island, but they never e-mailed me back. There are a couple of resorts on St. Vincent in Indian Bay, across from Young Island, but I don't think you need a day pass. $20.00 for a lounge chair (or 2) with umbrella will be pretty much the going rate.

As it turned out, we (six of us) did a tour with a private operator, which was really fun.

Google St. Vincent, and you can get more info on the beaches and resorts in and around Kingstown. Have a great trip!

• 1 month later...

The thing is, there are no big resorts like you are thinking about in St. Vincent, with big beaches and big operations. Young Island is tiny, and very exclusive, and likely they can't accommodate cruise visitors - they are catering to their clientele, who want a quiet, low-key vacation.

All beaches in St Vincent itself are small - little coves. You can just hire a Vincy taxi driver and ask him to take you to a nice beach. But you may not find all the trimmings - chairs, umbrellas, snack bar, etc. Tell him what you want - he'll do his best.

If you really want a beach day with all the trimmings, take a ship excursion to Bequia where there is a grand beach with all you want. Or DIY. Get off the ship really early. Take the first possible ferry to Bequia (the closest island, which you can see from the harbour) and the ferry leaves from very close to where your ship docks or tenders - just ask around. After about an hour's ride, the ferry will drop you on Bequia, and you can easily find all you want within easy walking distance. Nice big beach, cute restaurants, nice shops. Get the ferry back a couple hours before your ship sails, and it's all good.

Ask any more questions you want. I stayed there two years ago and love St Vincent and Bequia. Trip Advisor is also very helpful.

Thanks for your help not really looking for the trimmings just want a nice clean loo not that bothered about bars - I am happy to lie on the sand but OH likes a sun lounger will Google and see what we come up with thanks again

Archived