Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4kitties

28 day cruise in 2006 no longer counts as two cruises - and no back to back discount

The 2005 Crystal Society program terms and conditions give you credits for numbers of cruises based on number of days aboard the ship as follows:

"Cruise Levels:

• One cruise up to 24 days: Guests receive credit for one cruise level.
  • One cruise of 25 days or more: Guests receive credit for two cruise levels."

We are booked on two segments of the 2006 world cruise for a total of 28 days. Crystal just told my TA that this would only count as 1 cruise. They also are not applying any back to back discount.

It looks like Crystal is cutting back on everything - so watch out! :(

I would be inclined to double check this information by calling Crystal directly,

especially because this is TWO segments as in two different cruises.

If the answer remains the same, I would be inclined to get depressed!!!!

The onboard product of Crystal remains very strong.....but some of this

other 'stuff' is beginning to make one wonder.

I just can't see how they can deny you two credits being your cruise is more than 25 days. They may well have b-2-b exceptions for the World Cruise.

BTW, what's the b-2-b discount......curious??

I would ask my TA to call again and speak to someone else or do as Paula suggested and call Crystal yourself. The 2006 Cruise Atlas states: "For guests who enjoy longer cruises, you may combine two or more consecutive cruises and receive additional cruise fare savings." Unfortunately, I get the feeling that their office headquarters personnel are not as well trained as their onboard personnel.

Your TA needs to check the facts. The program for awarding you two credits for Crystal Society is based on whether one cruise segment is longer than 25 days---if any segment is longer than 25 days, you get two cruise credits. It shouldn't be for how long your combined days are when you are booked on two separate segments. Last year, when I was on the final leg of the world cruise, it was 29 days long and I got credit for two cruises. My friends, who boarded that segment in Rio, and only had a cruise of 18 days, only got one cruise credit. Other friends who are on the first three legs of the '06 world cruise said they will be getting three cruise credits. In the past, you needed 18 days to count as two cruise credits, then they raised it to 23 and now to 26.

I've never found Crystal to be especially generous with their back to back discounts. It's generally been a small dollar amount. Some cruise lines, like Seabourn, has in the past given as much as 35% off the second cruise but I've not found Crystal to be as generous.

OK, I spoke to Paul, in Crystal reservations, and asked if I would book segments 5 and 6 on the 2006 world cruise, would I get two cruise credits towards Crystal Society. He responded "yes, because you booked two separate segments, of course they would count as two cruises". I told him of someone who's travel agent claimed that it would only count as one cruise credit, and his response was, "they need to speak with their TA because this information is incorrect. If you book two cruises, you get two cruise credits. It doesn't matter if they're two cruises on the world cruise or two cruises in the Med, you get two cruise credits because you're on two cruises".

Adding to Darcie's comments, I am booked on two back-to-back segments (not the world cruise) later this year and I am getting credit for two cruises. So, as others have said, have your TA call Crystal again on this.

Keith

Sounds like you need a new travel agent. Lots of misinformation being given out.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my original post. I asked our TA to go back to Crystal again. She first got a run around, and had to ask for a supervisor. Supervisor said this will count for 2 cruises but no back to back discount.

I don't think this is a problem with my TA. No one should have to ask to speak to a supervisor to get a correct answer.

We are booked on the first two segments of the 2006 world cruise. I don't know about the back-to-back discounts, but since we're in (what's left of) the Amex Mariner's club our TA told us that we are receiving $250 per person per segment in onboard credits ($1000 total for the two segments), which is not too shabby.