Cruise Critic Community
TonRin

Why call it a Junior 'SUITE'?

In 2014 RCI will be changing the name of Junior Suites to Senior Cabins.

I am new also and some of these treads make me nervous about asking questions. Thanks to the many that have been so helpful

I have to admit that since this is our first cruise on RC I was a little confused at the wording when we booked the js. They didn't have any gs available

Some of the names you all have come up with have been funny though

In 2014 RCI will be changing the name of Junior Suites to Senior Cabins.

Gee that wont add to the confusion will it! Now only the over 60's will be able to book them.. No offence to the over 60's! :D

Gee that wont add to the confusion will it! Now only the over 60's will be able to book them.. No offence to the over 60's! :D

My thoughts exactly! :D

I am new also and some of these treads make me nervous about asking questions. Thanks to the many that have been so helpful

I have to admit that since this is our first cruise on RC I was a little confused at the wording when we booked the js. They didn't have any gs available

Some of the names you all have come up with have been funny though

Don't be nervous travellovers... Ask away.. They can't physically hurt you.. But they can get into your mind and make you their personal slave if your on the same cruise as them... woooooooooo!(scary noise) ;)

Have a wonderful cruise on the Mariner. She's a beautiful ship!

Thanks mate. I am sure I will have a great time and meet some great people from around the world... And I will try to do it all wearing the robe from my Junior Suite as one of my perks! (or 'Senior Cabin' as it may be called when we sail in Feb 2014!) ;)

It's only a problem if someone books a JRS without paying attention to what they are getting or not getting.

We had a GS on Rhapsody, we did not use any of the "suite benefits", didn't want or need them. We did, however, want the double points. For Panama cruise I booked a JRS, I wanted to try the aft, and that happened to be what was on the aft, deck 8. For Alaska I booked a GS again, and here again it was because I wanted aft, deck 8.

It works out well, 36+30+14=80 :D

Hilarious! I'd like to add "Not Really A Suite" and "No Perks Suite"

SUITE BABY :cool:

Or "Suite Wannabe"

Almost a Sweet Suite.

My first cruise, I booked a JS and after reading through RCCL's website, upgraded to a GS.

That was in my BCC days. (Before Cruise Critics)

Edited by Aurora2143

[/size]3]Why? Because when you print out your SetSail pass it says SUITE in big letters and allows you to check in the Priority Line:) And yes' date=' it does work.[/color']

That's cool.... what ever....

I am just asking a question based on what RCI posted on thier Web site.

Personnaly, I would not expect or ever get in the "SUITE" line after reading this thread and being fully informed what benefits come with a JUNIOR SUITE.:rolleyes:

Edited by MR NW GUY

Thanks mate. I am sure I will have a great time and meet some great people from around the world... And I will try to do it all wearing the robe from my Junior Suite as one of my perks! (or 'Senior Cabin' as it may be called when we sail in Feb 2014!) ;)

Sorry mate...not so fast...wearing the RCI bathrobe is now being specifically mentioned as "not being allowed" in the dining venues...This notation is new as we have never seen it before our most recent May 17th cruise. ;)

Sorry mate...not so fast...wearing the RCI bathrobe is now being specifically mentioned as "not being allowed" in the dining venues...This notation is new as we have never seen it before our most recent May 17th cruise. ;)

I will stand at the MDR door and ask people to bring me food then and just sit on the stairs and eat it.... :eek: Might even go commando! :eek::eek:

Pinnacle that!

If Hugh Heftner can do it so can I!

Let’s recap the wit and proposed names expressed so far…

Almost A Suite

Suite Envy

Home Suite Home

Pseudo Suite

Not Really A Suite

No Perks Suite

Bitter Suite

Suite and Sour

Senior Cabins

not so sweet suite

Suite Wannabe

Almost a Sweet Suite

SUITE BABY

the clue is in the title. It's called "junior" because it hasn't quite grown up into a proper one yet although it clearly has some of the adult attributes.

Edited by MR NW GUY

I think they should be called "Fun sized suites". You know, like they do with candy bars. Everybody understands that when your getting an item that is "fun sized" your not getting the full version of said item. It won't have as much caramel and chocolate but it will be fun. Problem solved.

No offence taken by this senior traveller!

Now if they would offer these "Senior Cabins" for our Senior Discounts I'd be happy!

We will have our first JS next year on Legend of the Seas for the TA Hamburg - New Jersey.

We expect more space ( for the 16 days!!) and double points :-); good to read that we have priority check-in :p

The clue is in the title. It's called "Junior" because it hasn't quite grown up into a proper one yet although it clearly has some of the adult attributes.

Miopyk

ahhhh this is could probably be the reason why it's called JS.

I think they should be called "Fun sized suites". You know, like they do with candy bars. Everybody understands that when your getting an item that is "fun sized" your not getting the full version of said item. It won't have as much caramel and chocolate but it will be fun. Problem solved.

Like the Ben & Jerry sweet or is it suite??

I agree that it can be confusing for newbies or those that don't do their research as us cruise addicts/planners do!

Like some of the alternative names! I was in a "not quite so grown up/ teen suite" on the NCL Jade but I read the small print so I knew what I was and wasn't getting beforehand! :)

Funny thing is, on some ships I prefer a JS over the real suite because of location. On MN & MJ the top suites are right under the WJ and the early morning noise was annoying. The RS was worst of all. Our fav JS on MN was 1040, just beyond all the noise and very quiet. I'm assuming it would be the same on EN from looking at the deck plans, so we booked an aft JS.