UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

We had Abel Jeney a couple of years ago on the AOS and he was excellent. http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Abel/Jeney He's now apparently International Manager chez Kingswood Education and Adventure in London.

Adventure OTS - The ship is in drydock March 31 thru April 9. Rob McNally will be the CD beginning April 9 when the ship returns from drydock

Allure OTS - Ken Rush returns on March 30 (for 2 months? 4 months?) Then, Allan Brooks (need handover date)

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis from January 24 until April 30 (then who?)

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 until May 9. Mitch Merucci will be filling-in from May 9 to July 12, followed by Marc Walker from July 12 for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Keith Williams from March 11 until May 8, followed by Leigh Xuereb on May 8 for 4 months (this is likely to be Leigh's last contract on EX, as he expects to be reassigned to another ship)

Freedom OTS - Casey Pelter started on March 9 until June 6, then Rich Edwards takes over as the new regular CD of Freedom on June 6. (Rich's break will likely be October and November, returning for December through end of March 2015).

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews started on January 31 until the end of May. (then who?)

Independence OTS - Mike Hunnerup will be filling in from March 15 until May 17. Joff Eaton will be returning on May 17 through Sept 20

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau returned on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis Charles for 2 months, followed by Carly for 4 more months, then Dennis for 2 more months.

Legend OTS - Topi Ylönen started on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS -Jerome Sueur started Feb 15 until April 14. Then, Rich Edwards from April 14 until the beginning of June. Then Jerome returns as the new regular CD of Liberty on June 6 (Jerome's break will likely be October and November, returning for December through end of March 2015).

Majesty OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started Feb 10 until mid-June.

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started March 15 (until when? then who?)

Navigator OTS - Mitch Merucci will be filling in from Feb 16 until April 20, then John Perry for 4 months.

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine March 22 through May 17. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in from May 17 through July 19, then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Radiance OTS - Ken Jones began March 3 until early May. Amy Fickert will return sometime in early May after her break.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour Feb 1 through August 1

Serenade OTS - John Blair started February 1 until April 26, (replacement is unknown at this time)

Splendour OTS - Michelle Pimentinha started Dec 8 for the South American season

Vision OTS - Carlos Torres (for the remainder of the Panama Season April 26? then who?) Steve Davis will begin on June 9

Voyager OTS - Bobby Brown started Feb 13 for the remainder of the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Gordon Whatman, Paul Rutter, Bill Brunkhorst and Luke Aerowsmith are currently on break.

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Anna Bass is now Client Services Manager at ISS London

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with NCL

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London

Where is Warren Allen? (aka Warren Melhuish)

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

Hello all-

Question about Allure cd for Thanksgiving week cruise. With Quantum arriving if Ken Rush is onboard there, would Alan Brooks possibly be CD then. Sorry if someone explained this before. Haven't cruised in awhile.

Thanks

Barb

see post #1280: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42173307&postcount=1280

It is hard to predict. Allan will likely continue doing the 2 month fill-ins, and another CD will likely be assigned to the 4 month regular contract that Ken now covers. (But that's just an assumption. Allan can take over the 4 month contract, and someone else can be assigned to the 2 month fill-in; either a regular person or a rotating person. Or two entirely now CDs can be assigned to Allure, and Allan can be reassigned elsewhere.)

But, you can't really project ahead on the calendar in 4 month and 2 month blocks because the schedule has been a bit unpredictable lately. Ken's most recent contracts haven't been exactly 4 months. One was 2 months, one was a few weeks short, and another was interrupted with Ken headed to corporate for a week in the middle of the contract. So far, Allan has covered all of those irregularities.

So, who knows? It all remains to be seen. Jimmy seems to be headed over to Quantum in July (after a two month fill-in on Oasis). Perhaps that's when Ken will also head over...my guess is that his contract that started today will be his last one on Allure).

Edited by DonnaK

Wow, it is nice to see Amy got downgraded. I did not like her at all on Oasis. Not sure how much of it is her fault. I am very glad to see Drew on Oasis, might inspire me to go on Oasis again sooner rather than later. I had him on Freedom and was by far my favorite CD ever.

Wow, it is nice to see Amy got downgraded. I did not like her at all on Oasis. Not sure how much of it is her fault. I am very glad to see Drew on Oasis, might inspire me to go on Oasis again sooner rather than later. I had him on Freedom and was by far my favorite CD ever.

I happen to love Amy. And I wouldn't call going to Australia on the beautiful Radiance of the Seas a downgrade. I hear the Aussies love her, those who work on board love her, and I'm sure looking forward to seeing her in Alaska, too. :)

Gina

I agree Gina. The smaller ships are more intimate, giving the CD opportunities to make a greater impact. Like Graham going from Freedom to Rhapsody - something he requested - not a downgrade at all. Better itineraries, and more passenger interaction.

I agree Gina. The smaller ships are more intimate, giving the CD opportunities to make a greater impact. Like Graham going from Freedom to Rhapsody - something he requested - not a downgrade at all. Better itineraries, and more passenger interaction.

I'd love to see Graham again! He was amazing.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hard to imagine he'll be happy sitting in an office.

He was the best, and was at his best in front of big crowds.

Let's see how long he stays in the office position.:confused:

Adventure OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started January 19 until the ship goes into drydock on March 31. Who will be the CD when the ship returns to service?

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks February 16 until March 30, then Ken Rush returns on March 30.

Anthem OTS - There will be a 2 person take-out team (Ken Rush and ?) for the first 6-8 weeks, then Joff Eaton is expected to be the regular CD of this ship.

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis from January 24 until the end of May

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 until May 9. Mitch Merucci will be filling-in from May 9 to July 12,, followed by Marc Walker from July 12 for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Keith Williams from March 11 until May 8, followed by Leigh Xuereb on May 8 for 4 months (this is likely to be Leigh's last contract on EX)

Freedom OTS - Casey Pelter started on March 9 until June 6, then Rich Edwards takes over as the new regular CD of Freedom on June 6. (His break will likely be October and November, returning for December through end of March 2015).

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews started on January 31 until the end of May.

Independence OTS - Mike Hunnerup will be filling in from March 15 until May 17. Joff Eaton will be returning on May 17 through Sept 2014

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau returns on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis Charles for 2 months.

Legend OTS - Paul Rutter January 24 until March 17. Topi Ylönen starts on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS -Jerome Sueur started Feb 15 until April 14. Then, Rich Edwards from April 14 until the beginning of June. Then Jerome returns as the new regular CD of Liberty on June 6 (His break will likely be October and November, returning for December through end of March 2015).

Mariner OTS - Who is the current CD?

Navigator OTS - Mitch Merucci will be filling in from Feb 16 until John Perry returns from his break in mid-April.

Oasis OTS - Jimmy Rhodes March 15 until March 22, then Drew Devine March 22 through May 17 (Drew is onboard now for a 1 week overlap) . Who will be filling in from May 17 through July 19? Then, Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Radiance OTS - Ken Jones began March 3 until early May. Amy Fickert will return sometime in early May after her break.

Serenade OTS - John Blair started February 1 until April 26, (replacement is unknown at this time)

Vision OTS - Carlos Torres (for the remainder of the Panama Season April 26?)

Voyager OTS - Bobby Brown started Feb 13 for the remainder of the Australian season. Lixin Fang is expected to return for the Asian season

Gordon Whatman, Dan Whitney, Bill Brunkhorst and Luke Aerowsmith are currently on break.

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is no longer with RCI

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF JOFF EATON WILL BE RETURNING TO INDY AFTER SEPT 2014? IF SO, WHEN WILL HE BE RETURNING? THANKS:o

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF JOFF EATON WILL BE RETURNING TO INDY AFTER SEPT 2014? IF SO, WHEN WILL HE BE RETURNING? THANKS:o

Joff has an established pattern of 4 months on the ship, and 2 months break. So, after a two month break that begins in mid-September, he should be returning to Indy in mid-November for 4 months. As soon as the exact dates are known, I will update the list.

He will likely continue in this pattern until mid-to-late summer 2015, and then move on to preparing for the take-out of Anthem.

Edited by DonnaK

I happen to love Amy. And I wouldn't call going to Australia on the beautiful Radiance of the Seas a downgrade. I hear the Aussies love her, those who work on board love her, and I'm sure looking forward to seeing her in Alaska, too. :)

Gina

Maybe call it a down-under-grade?

Joff has an established pattern of 4 months on the ship, and 2 months break. So, after a two month break that begins in mid-September, he should be returning to Indy in mid-November for 4 months. As soon as the exact dates are known, I will update the list.

He will likely continue in this pattern until mid-to-late summer 2015, and then move on to preparing for the take-out of Anthem.

thanks Donna.

Adventure OTS - The ship is in drydock March 31 thru April 9. Rob McNally will be the CD beginning April 9 when the ship returns from drydock

Allure OTS - Ken Rush returns on March 30 (for 2 months? 4 months?) Then, Allan Brooks (need handover date)

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis from January 24 until April 30 (then who?)

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker January 10 until May 9. Mitch Merucci will be filling-in from May 9 to July 12, followed by Marc Walker from July 12 for another 4 months.

Explorer OTS - Keith Williams from March 11 until May 8, followed by Leigh Xuereb on May 8 for 4 months (this is likely to be Leigh's last contract on EX, as he expects to be reassigned to another ship)

Freedom OTS - Casey Pelter started on March 9 until June 6, then Rich Edwards takes over as the new regular CD of Freedom on June 6. (Rich's break will likely be October and November, returning for December through end of March 2015).

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews started on January 31 until the end of May. (then who?)

Independence OTS - Mike Hunnerup will be filling in from March 15 until May 17. Joff Eaton will be returning on May 17 through Sept 20

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau returned on March 15 for 4 months, followed by Dennis Charles for 2 months, followed by Carly for 4 more months, then Dennis for 2 more months.

Legend OTS - Topi Ylönen started on March 17 for the 2014 European Season

Liberty OTS -Jerome Sueur started Feb 15 until April 14. Then, Rich Edwards from April 14 until the beginning of June. Then Jerome returns as the new regular CD of Liberty on June 6 (Jerome's break will likely be October and November, returning for December through end of March 2015).

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started March 15 (until when? then who?)

Navigator OTS - Mitch Merucci will be filling in from Feb 16 until April 20, then John Perry for 4 months.

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine March 22 through May 17. Jimmy Rhodes will be filling in from May 17 through July 19, then Drew Devine July 19 through mid-November.

Vision OTS - Carlos Torres (for the remainder of the Panama Season April 26? then who?) Steve Davis will begin on June 9

Gordon Whatman, Paul Rutter, Bill Brunkhorst and Luke Aerowsmith are currently on break.

Rico du Breil is now a CD with NCL

Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London

Any news as to when or if Clo O'Connor will be returning to an RCI ship? We first sailed with her on the Brilliance 2002 transatlantic where she held a very moving memorial service on the first anniversary of 9/11. I know she has been the CD on Jewel/Brilliance at various times since then and would hope that perhaps she will rotate with Steve Davis who is apparently due to go on vacation when we take the Brilliance back to the UK.:)

Any news as to when or if Clo O'Connor will be returning to an RCI ship? We first sailed with her on the Brilliance 2002 transatlantic where she held a very moving memorial service on the first anniversary of 9/11. I know she has been the CD on Jewel/Brilliance at various times since then and would hope that perhaps she will rotate with Steve Davis who is apparently due to go on vacation when we take the Brilliance back to the UK.:)

It will be interesting to see when she returns. Clo hasn't been a "regular" since I've been maintaining this list. She just seems to occasionally pop up from time to time as a fill-in on various ships, but not with any particular frequency or pattern.

Does anyone know what ship Paul Rutter will be going to - so very disappointed that he will not be on Radiance for the Alaska season.

I was just saying the same thing to someone. I like Paul so much. I've asked a friend who was just working with him on Legend if she knows where he's going. I'll report back if she knows.

And Topi did NOT start on Legend on March 17. Paul was there as of a few days ago but I figured he must be gone now. But maybe not if people have gotten there info from the list here. He could very well still be on board Legend.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Clo O'Connor is replacing Steve Davis on April 30th and she will be doing the transatlantic cruise while Steve goes on vacation and returns on the Vision June 9th.

Clo O'Connor is replacing Steve Davis on April 30th and she will be doing the transatlantic cruise while Steve goes on vacation and returns on the Vision June 9th.

I hope your information is correct. We look forward to sailing with her again. We sailed with Steve three times last year and another time when he worked with Joff Eaton on Jewel and liked him, but Clo is very high on our list of favorite CDs.