UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Well , now I'm really confused about who the CD for FOS will be?

We are sailing 9/15. Maybe Richard Spacey will be back by then?

Guess we will have to wait and see in the next few weeks. I will be stalking this CD update thread.

~Steph

Well , now I'm really confused about who the CD for FOS will be?

We are sailing 9/15. Maybe Richard Spacey will be back by then?

Guess we will have to wait and see in the next few weeks. I will be stalking this CD update thread.

~Steph

the best I can figure it will still be luke arrowsmith nothing of value on you tube of him other than a rehearsal video for some other position

I thought I read a few months ago that Graham Seymore had left RCI. So is he still with the company? He is the best CD I have ever experienced, actually one of only a couple that I even remember. I am also curious as to the CD on FOS Sept. 15 and 22.

Edited by 39august

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28 for two months, then Allan Brooks for October and November (but not December). Exact handover date needs confirmation (Sept 29? Oct 6?)

Any word on who will be CD in December? Back to Ken or someone else? We will be on December 1 cruise.

Thanks.

Gordon

I thought I read a few months ago that Graham Seymore had left RCI. So is he still with the company? He is the best CD I have ever experienced, actually one of only a couple that I even remember. I am also curious as to the CD on FOS Sept. 15 and 22.

I received email today saying that Richard Spacey will be on Freedom for our Sept. 8 cruise, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say that you will have him too.

fyi absolutely sure is still around my wife and her mother saw him on the rhapsody on an Alaska cruise mid jun the 21 st I think and I agree with your opinion of him

I thought I read a few months ago that Graham Seymore had left RCI. So is he still with the company? He is the best CD I have ever experienced, actually one of only a couple that I even remember.

Graham was the CD on Voyager OTS during the 2nd part of her first maiden Australian cruise season. I was on Voyager's repositioning cruise that brought the end of the Australian cruise season - and at the farewell showtime he said

- I think he's CD for Rhapsody until end of November. Wonder if he'll be back on Rhapsody end of March 2014?? Hope so! ;) Edited by marquisite

Graham was the CD on Voyager OTS during the 2nd part of her first maiden Australian cruise season. I was on Voyager's repositioning cruise that brought the end of the Australian cruise season - and at the farewell showtime he said
- I think he's CD for Rhapsody until end of November. Wonder if he'll be back on Rhapsody end of March 2014?? Hope so! ;)

I hope Graham Seymour is still the CD on the Rhapsody as I'm cruising on her next month. He makes me laugh:)

Regards Elaine.

Hi everyone. Donna here onboard celebrity summit in Bermuda. I've been following the big news about Richard and Ken. I read Richards confirmation on twitter too.

I will update the list on Sunday.

Please keep posting any updates you hear. I certainly did pick a busy week to be away. Lol

Can someone that chats with Richard Spacey on FB please ask him when/if he will return to FOS and for how long. It's not funny how bad I want him on my Dec 1-8, 2013 sailing.

We are super concerned too! We specifically booked the Freedom to experience Richard Spacey on the Dec 1st sailing. :)

We are sailing on the Freedom of the Seas next November and would love it if Graham was back! He was the CD for my cruise in Sept 2011 and he was just fabulous! He is so funny! Love his morning shows!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Edited by twospoiled

Hello All

As always thank you for your kind words

Just to let you know Rhapsody is my home now and loving every minute of it

Alaska has been great, weather for most of the season amazing T-shirt & Shorts some days warmer than I remember

We are on our last cruise before heading down to to Hawaii and then onto Sydney, where we have 3 charters then a couple of 12 day cruises then I go off on vacation November 30th and return Feb 1st with my darling lady and spending it in NZ with her family....with a bit of house/land hunting. Not sure who my fill is but I bet you'll know before I do :p

Bex is doing great and we have our Anniversary in Honolulu....I hear Ruth Chris Steak calling mmmmmmm

Great news for Richard he is a superstar and the perfect person to set that up & Jimmy will be great making it his own....congrats guys

I have to say its really nice doing a smaller ship having time to breathe chat more with you guys instead of rushing off to another venue reminds me of how it used to be. Brought my baby here ( Rock Brit ) cant wait to perform that for the Aussies

Be well

Graham x

Hello All

As always thank you for your kind words

Alaska has been great' date=' weather for most of the season amazing T-shirt & Shorts some days warmer than I remember

We are on our last cruise before heading down to to Hawaii and then onto Sydney, where we have 3 charters then a couple of 12 day cruises then I go off on vacation November 30th and return Feb 1st with my darling lady and spending it in NZ with her family....with a bit of house/land hunting. Not sure who my fill is but I bet you'll know before I do :p

Bex is doing great and we have our Anniversary in Honolulu....I hear Ruth Chris Steak calling mmmmmmm

Great news for Richard he is a superstar and the perfect person to set that up & Jimmy will be great making it his own....congrats guys

I have to say its really nice doing a smaller ship having time to breathe chat more with you guys instead of rushing off to another venue reminds me of how it used to be. Brought my baby here ( Rock Brit ) cant wait to perform that for the Aussies

Be well

Graham x[/quote']

Thanks for keeping us up to date Graham! Glad to hear that things are going well for you and we can look forward to seeing you on Rhapsody for a while!:)

I go off on vacation November 30th and return Feb 1st with my darling lady and spending it in NZ with her family....with a bit of house/land hunting. Not sure who my fill is but I bet you'll know before I do :p

Graham x

Wow - so you'll be the CD for the March 28 Queensland cruise then' date=' yeah? Despite your advice to '

' (Voyager Perth to Singapore) ... we did!

From Jimmy Rhodes facebook just a few minutes ago:

Hello FB Family & Friends, Well today is the day I am telling the world my exciting news. It could not have fallen on a more amazing day, with it being the 50th Anniversary of Dr. Kings famous speech. I am a true testament that hard work and dedication will take you far.First I would like to take a moment to congratulate my amazing colleague Richard Spacey who was named the take out Cruise Director of the Quantum of the Seas. He is so deserving of this, and I know he will do an amazing job. Second, I would like to thank my bosses Charly McDonald & Alison Frasier for their ongoing feedback, and positive reinforcement over the years. Last, but certainly not least my Family & Friends in Ozark, Parker, Denver, La Vita, CO, and the entire community of Ozark, Alabama, who have been the biggest cheerleaders in my life and career. I am pleased to announce that I have been offered and accepted the full time position of Cruise Director on Royal Caribbean newest and most innovative ship the Quantum of the Seas after its launch in 2014. I am humbled in the fact that I was even considered for this task, but over joyed that they chose me. It will be a lot of hard work, but I can assure you all, that if you choose to sail with her out of Bayonne, New Jersey, you will have a cruise of a life time. How U Cruisin?

Really?!? :eek:

In my experience, Jimmy is the worst CD I've ever cruised with, so dull and uninspired. Why in the world would RCI put him on their newest ship, when there are countless more dynamic CDs for them to choose from. Glad we are on the sampler cruise in November, with Richard instead.

Very disappointed, as Bayonne is our homeport, we plan to sail Quantum often.

Edited by DonnaK

Donna, my wife Kay (cruising grandma) just boarded the Freedom OTS and said the staff sheet had Luke Arrowsmith as CD. I do not know for sure until she contacts me again.

Adventure OTS - Drew Devine started on August 4 (for 4 months?).

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started July 28 for two months, then Allan Brooks for October and November (but not December). Exact handover date needs confirmation (Sept 29? Oct 6?)

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis took over as regular CD of Brilliance on July 27 through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - John (and Katrina) Blair started August 3 for approximately 2 months. Leigh Xuereb will be returning from his break at the end of Sept/early Oct. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014. The morning show will be called "Talking Turkey with Leigh and Erky"!)

Freedom OTS - Luke Aerowsmith started on Aug 25. (Unconfirmed if Richard is definitely returning to the ship on Sept 8 after his meeting at corporate, or if Luke will be remaining on the ship for a regular contract.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Sept 13. Ricky Matthews September 13 thru November 26th, then Ricky will return sometime in January for 4 months. Can someone find out who will be covering Nov 26 - January?

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Mike Hunnerup from Sept 7 through November 2. Joff will be returning November 2

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone please find out the handover date?

Legend OTS - Rico du Breil started June 29.

Liberty OTS - Jerome Sueur started Aug 4 (Cuddy will be filling in as the Activities Manager under Jerome)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from August 31 until December 13.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Dave Chapman until November 16. (Frankie will begin as Activities Manager on Oct 5) (per Amy's FB page, she is headed over to Radiance in mid-November after her break)

Quantum OTS - Richard Spacey will be taking the ship out, with Ken Rush assisting behind the scenes. They will likely remain onboard until January 2015, then Jimmy Rhodes will take over as regular CD of this ship.

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown for approx 2 months, then Amy Fickert in mid-November (per her FB page).

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 until November 30. He will return on Feb 1. (Who will be filling in Nov 30 through Feb 1)

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews July 30 though early September (exact end date? Who will be the next CD?)

Splendour OTS - Mercedes Fuentes, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11 (until when? Who will be the next CD?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

Really?!? :eek:

In my experience, Jimmy is the worst CD I've ever cruised with. Why in the world would RCI put him on their newest ship, when there are countless more dynamic CDs for them to choose from.

Very disappointed, as Bayonne is our homeport, we plan to sail Quantum often.

Seems par for the course. After all, I haven't read too many positive things about Amy (Oasis) or Ken (Allure) either. Some of the most fun/personable CD's seem to be on smaller ships (Dennis/Jewel, Marc/Enchantment, etc.) - maybe because that's what they want :confused:

Jimmy was my first ever CD back when I sailed on the Empress and I guess at that point I was so new to cruising that I didn't even pay attention to the CD.

Since then, I enjoyed Casey P., Dennis C., Marc W., & James A., and did not care for Mike H. The only one I don't remember AT ALL is Jimmy R.. Hmmm :rolleyes:

Thanks truffles2 but can you confirm how long he will be back on FOS. I am sailing Dec 1-8 and wanted to know if we can expect him to still be on during our sailing.
We are super concerned too! We specifically booked the Freedom to experience Richard Spacey on the Dec 1st sailing.

His usual contract is 4 months, if he does indeed return to Freedom, he should remain there until the end of the year,

However, it is NOT confirmed that Richard is going to Freedom after his corporate meeting. truffles2 got an email reply from RCI, but those are notoriously inaccurate, so it remains to be seen what actually happens next week. (Unless the info comes from the CDs themselves, or from a reliable source on the shop, such as activities staff or concierge, then I am very skeptical!)

I received email today saying that Richard Spacey will be on Freedom for our Sept. 8 cruise, so I'm going to stick my neck out and say that you will have him too.
Edited by DonnaK