UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until August 4

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known). Leigh should return in early October

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - Who will be CD from July 12 through Aug 16? Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone confirm the changeover date?

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes disembarked on June 29. Who is the current CD?

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?)

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from May 17 until July 19, then Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20, then Mitch returns December 20

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season, then Gordon Whatman for the repositioning and for the Australian season.

Edited by DonnaK

According to his Facebook page "Rico in da house - Ready to Rock the Legend of the Seas !!!!!!!!! " - so it looks like Rico du Breil is on Legend ;)

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until August 4

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known). Leigh should return in early October

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - Who will be CD from July 12 through Aug 16? Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown) Can someone confirm the changeover date?

Legend OTS - Rico du Breil started June 29.

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci from May 17 until July 19, then Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20, then Mitch returns December 20

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season, then Gordon Whatman for the repositioning and for the Australian season.

Just found out I'll be on the Brilliance in September. Apparently Steve Davis is the CD ... I've never heard of him at all. Any comments? Is he good?

Hi, he was the assistant CD on our Mariner cruise last year and left it as he had been promoted to CD, yes, he was very good as Asst CD and can only improve, he was quite popular. Happy Cruising.

Do you guys think Casey will go back to Serenade after Ricky ends in Sept? We're cruising on Serenade in October and just wondering who we might get.

Can anyone tell me if Clo O'Connor going off Adventure is a permanent thing or just for a break please?

I am going on AOTS next year and have had Clo on two cruises already and would be happy to avoid a third occasion :o

That's pretty mean....

That's pretty mean....

Why is it mean? I am just saying that I would prefer a different CD. Not mean....just a fact.

I have been on four cruises and she was on my first two cruises so I didn't know any better but since having Ken Rush and Joff Eaton I now know how good they were and it would be really good if there was someone different rather than Clo.

Have you cruised with her and if so, what did you think?

Still no word on Rich Edwards and the Liberty? We are sailing on July 21st, which is right in his 4-month contract window... My spidey-sense says we will be cruising right at CD change-over. If Rich happens to still be the Liberty CD, does anyone have thoughts/feedback on his abilities?

Edited by BlackhawksCup2013

Still no word on Rich Edwards and the Liberty? We are sailing on July 21st, which is right in his 4-month contract window... My spidey-sense says we will be cruising right at CD change-over. If Rich happens to still be the Liberty CD, does anyone have thoughts/feedback on his abilities?

He is wonderful - very talented - sings and dances, is very friendly. We had a great time with him this past April on the transatlantic.

Hello everyone . . . I finally left Grandeur of the Seas at about 845AM. The Captain for our sailing was Capt Espen Been. The Cruise Director was John Perry <snip>

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 then Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Edited by DonnaK

Do you guys think Casey will go back to Serenade after Ricky ends in Sept? We're cruising on Serenade in October and just wondering who we might get.

I don't know. Both Casey and Ricky are on social media, so maybe you (or someone else) can contact them and ask. Or, you can post on the roll call for an upcoming Serenade cruise and ask if someone can find out directly from Casey if he expects to return to the ship after his break.

Have you tried contacting Rich via social media, or asking on the Liberty roll call for an upcoming sailing for someone to find out directly from Rich when his break starts, and who the next CD will be?

Can anyone tell me if Clo O'Connor going off Adventure is a permanent thing or just for a break please?

This appears to be just a fill-in contract for Clo, and she hasn't been in the regular rotation schedule for a while. But, the only way to find out for sure is to contact her via social media (if she active on social media), or to ask someone who is traveling on Adventure to find out directly from Clo.

Edited by DonnaK

Why is it mean? I am just saying that I would prefer a different CD. Not mean....just a fact.

I have been on four cruises and she was on my first two cruises so I didn't know any better but since having Ken Rush and Joff Eaton I now know how good they were and it would be really good if there was someone different rather than Clo.

Have you cruised with her and if so, what did you think?

I haven't cruised with her and I'm not a hugely experienced cruiser at all, but I HATE when people call out staff members by name on the internet.

Having worked in the service industry, customer satisfaction is everything, and no doubt that her superiors will see this and give Clo a major kick up the arse.

So I will write a bogus compliment to RCI to save Clo's bacon :D

If you chat about any staff by name on this site and ESPECIALLY this thread - just be aware that someone out there will probably print screen or forward the comment to the person named (if they're not reading it themselves). No, really.

:D

Edited by sf2

If you chat about any staff by name on this site and ESPECIALLY this thread - just be aware that someone out there will probably print screen or forward the comment to the person named (if they're not reading it themselves). No, really.

:D

So Clo will be looking for a Hairymelon when she cruises!!! Priceless :D

In fact, I didn't really say anything majorly negative just that I would like to experience other CDs, don't see this as a bad thing :)

Please, everyone, let's not hijack this thread with bickering. Brief comments about a particular CD, whether positive or negative, are welcome here, as long as they are constructive and not a personal attack. (There's a particular CD that I do not care for, and I've expressed that opinion here too.)

Now, back on topic to the list.....

Does anyone have any updates for us?

Edited by DonnaK

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 then Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25