UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Thank you, erniebert! Do you know if Frankie is the usual activities manager on Enchantment, and he just stepped up for the week to fill in for Marc?

Hi Donna - no he's the regular AM on Oasis

Next cruise: Oasis of the Seas 12-night Westbound Transatlantic 15.10.2014

Ok whoever suggested I go back a "few" pages to get reviews of Casey Pelter on fos.....I went back 32 pages of threads and saw one comment about when he was coming onboard. Nothing reviewing him. Would someone please be kind enough to give any reviews/experiences of him they may have, so I do not need to read 188 pages! I really, really would appreciate it.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Ok whoever suggested I go back a "few" pages to get reviews of Casey Pelter on fos.....I went back 32 pages of threads and saw one comment about when he was coming onboard. Nothing reviewing him. Would someone please be kind enough to give any reviews/experiences of him they may have, so I do not need to read 188 pages! I really, really would appreciate it.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Sorry about that. Here are some posts that I found using the Search feature:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2074303&highlight=casey+pelter

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814700&highlight=casey+pelter

Enzo was filling in for Marc this weekend on Enchantment. I was there. He has been the activities manager recently. Who is Frankie?

Gina

Frankie was the activities manager on Explorer and then on Oasis. He posted on social media that he was doing the quick fill-in for Marc. He probably came over today, because Marc also posted that he was going over to the ship today to meet the new fill-in CD. It was all a bit confusing until you posted this info which tied everything together. Now, I just have to fix the dates Edited by DonnaK

Adventure OTS - Rob McNally started on May 4 (until when? Then who?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush from Aug 17 for 2 months (Ken is moving over to Quantum in mid-October) Allan Brooks expects to be back on Allure for one more contract before moving over to Quantum.

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Brilliance OTS - Dru Pavlov began on June 28. Until when? Then who?

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from July 12 until Nov 17, then Mitch Merucci from Nov 17 until Jan 19. Marc is taking leave for several days Aug 20 - Sept 1 to attend to a family matter. Activities Manager Enzo filled in Aug 20-25, then Frankie Portera is filling in from Aug 25-Sept 1.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb from May 8 until September 6, followed by Keith Williams on September 6 until Nov 1. Leigh is not sure if he'll be returning to Explorer on Nov 1st, or if he'll be reassigned (to Allure?).

Freedom OTS - Casey Pelter started Aug 10 (for 2 months? 4 months?)

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews from July 18 until October 16, then Rich Edwards from October 16 until February 2015 (Schedule has been confirmed by Rich)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton May 17 through October 25. Then who? (This is Joff's last contract on Indy - after his vacation, he is headed to the shipyard mid-March to prepare for taking out Anthem on April 22, 2015).

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles started July 12 for 2 months, followed by Carly Boileau for 4 months, then Dennis for 2 more months (need exact handover dates)

Legend OTS - Topi Ylönen started in July. Keith Williams starts in November.

Liberty OTS -Gordon Whatman starting August 24 to September 28. (Then will Jerome Sueur return? For how long?)

Majesty OTS - Michelle Pimentinha (need dates)

Mariner OTS - Dan Whitney started July 30 (until when, then who?)

Navigator OTS - Mitch Merucci Aug 17 until Oct 19, then John Perry for 4 months .

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine July 19 through November 15, then Ricky Matthews starts November 15

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD for 4 months, followed by Allan Brooks for 2 months. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out. (Zach Stratford will be the Activities Manager)

Radiance OTS - Mike Hunnerup from August 22 through November 5, then Amy Fickert returns November 5 for approx. 4 months

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones from August 1 for approximately 8 weeks, then Graham Seymour will return at the end of September/beginning of October.

Serenade OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started June 28 *John and Katrina Blair are returning in November (needs confirmation)

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the European Season

Vision OTS - Steve Davis started on June 9 until October 4th, then Paul Rutter October 4 through December 12, then Steve Davis returns for 4 months

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began April 10 for the Asian season; Chris Brown (former activities manager) begins November 25 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. (Darryl Dyball will be activities manager beginning mid-September)

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson. Richard will be CD on the Celebrity Summit Oct 21 - Nov 29, and it seems he is going back to ship life on Celebrity.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

James Andrews is a real estate agent in Sydney

Mike Szwajkowski is a Canadian Mountie

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

Anna Bass is now Client Services Manager at ISS London

Abe Hughes is Director of Port Revenue Operations at Royal Media Partners

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Kirk Detweiler is now CD with Silversea cruises.

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Kieron Buffrey - CD with Holland America

Tom Canosa - teaching 6th grade science in North Carolina

Peter Benfield and Johnny Osborne have emigrated to Thailand

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Rico du Breil is now a CD with NCL

Paul Lancaster is no longer with RCI, and resides in England

Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Karen Maybury - has a consultant/pr/entertainment agency

Jannie Cloete - leading expeditions on small ships

Where is Warren Allen? (aka Warren Melhuish)

(If anyone knows the whereabouts of other former RCI cruise directors, I'd be happy to add them to the end of this list, as there seems to be a lot of questions about them)

Frankie was the activities manager on Explorer and then on Oasis. He posted on social media that he was doing the quick fill-in for Marc. He probably came over today, because Marc also posted that he was going over to the ship today to meet the new fill-in CD. It was all a bit confusing until you posted this info which tied everything together. Now, I just have to fix the dates

In the same post today, Marc said the new CD was filling in until Friday, so perhaps Marc is now anticipating being back by Friday (29th) instead of Monday (1st). I suppose it will all depend how things are at home. I'm sure he'll keep updating his FB page. He's promised photos of today's visit to the ship.

Saw a newspaper interview in July about Voyager. Alan 'Bobby' Brown mentioned after Voyager, he was going onto Serenade then a break and then onto Adventure of the Seas. Have enjoyed Bobby and wife Becky, Gordon Whatman and Luke Arrowsmith as CDs down here in Aus. Chris Brown did a good job of activities director as well. All very personable hosts.

Saw a newspaper interview in July about Voyager. Alan 'Bobby' Brown mentioned after Voyager, he was going onto Serenade then a break and then onto Adventure of the Seas. Have enjoyed Bobby and wife Becky, Gordon Whatman and Luke Arrowsmith as CDs down here in Aus. Chris Brown did a good job of activities director as well. All very personable hosts.

Confused.

Is it Bobby Brown who will be CD on Voyager, or Chris Brown?

Sorry for any confusion. It was an article in the W.A. Times, quite an interesting article about Alan 'Bobby' Brown and RCI. Bobby was on the Voyager from Feb 13th, 2014 for a short time, then he was going to the Serenade, then a break and then due to go on the Adventure of the Seas, according to the interview at that time. Chris Brown was Activities Director when we were on Voyager early 2014. Have only read on this forum that he is going to be promoted to CD on Voyager.

Hi Donna

I received further information from RCI via private facebook message today and they advised that Chris Brown will take over the reigns from Fang Lixin and will commence on 25 November on Voyager of the Seas.

Cheers Aleisha

Edited by Miamia65

Thanks for the Casey threads. Hope he lives up to FOS which is such a great ship

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Forums mobile app

Casey Pelter was the CD on Rhapsody in late 2012, he is great and gets around the ship. Runs a great morning show.

Enzo was filling in for Marc this weekend on Enchantment. I was there. He has been the activities manager recently. Who is Frankie?

Gina

Gina

Frankie is great, when we were on Oasis in December he filled in a lot for Jimmy Rhodes because Jimmy's knee was swollen for most of the 2 cruises we did (B2B).

To be honest I prefer him over Jimmy Rhodes, Jimmy was great but Frankie was more approachable and around the ship all the time.

Hi Donna

I received further information from RCI via private facebook message today and they advised that Chris Brown will take over the reigns from Fang Lixin and will commence on 25 November on Voyager of the Seas.

Cheers Aleisha

Thanks for passing the confirmation on to us!

Sorry for any confusion. It was an article in the W.A. Times, quite an interesting article about Alan 'Bobby' Brown and RCI. Bobby was on the Voyager from Feb 13th, 2014 for a short time, then he was going to the Serenade, then a break and then due to go on the Adventure of the Seas, according to the interview at that time. Chris Brown was Activities Director when we were on Voyager early 2014. Have only read on this forum that he is going to be promoted to CD on Voyager.

Thanks for the clarification, megsie! So Bobby was on VY Feb 14 till April 10, then on SR April 26 till June 28.

So, he will be Rob's fill-in on AD beginning early September (as Rob's contract is likely 4 months long, and Bobby's break is likely 2 months long - typical contract and break lengths).

Edited by DonnaK

Adventure OTS - Rob McNally started on May 4 until early September, then Bobby Brown (need exact handover date. Aug 29? Aug 31? or Sept 12?)

Allure OTS - Ken Rush from Aug 17 for 2 months (Ken is moving over to Quantum in mid-October) Allan Brooks expects to be back on Allure for one more contract before moving over to Quantum.

Anthem OTS - Joff Eaton will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from July 12 until Nov 17, then Mitch Merucci from Nov 17 until Jan 19. Marc is taking leave for several days Aug 20 - Sept 1 to attend to a family matter. Activities Manager Enzo filled in Aug 20-25, then Frankie Portera is filling in from Aug 25-Sept 1.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb from May 8 until September 6, followed by Keith Williams on September 6 until Nov 1. Leigh is not sure if he'll be returning to Explorer on Nov 1st, or if he'll be reassigned (to Allure?).

Grandeur OTS - Ricky Matthews from July 18 until October 16, then Rich Edwards from October 16 until February 2015 (Schedule has been confirmed by Rich)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton May 17 through October 25. Then who? (This is Joff's last contract on Indy - after his vacation, he is headed to the shipyard mid-March to prepare for taking out Anthem on April 22, 2015).

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles started July 12 for 2 months, followed by Carly Boileau for 4 months, then Dennis for 2 more months (need exact handover dates)

Liberty OTS -Gordon Whatman August 24 to September 28. (Then will Jerome Sueur return? For how long?)

Navigator OTS - Mitch Merucci Aug 17 until Oct 19, then John Perry for 4 months .

Oasis OTS - Drew Devine July 19 through November 15, then Ricky Matthews starts November 15

Quantum OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be taking out the ship and continuing on as its regular CD for 4 months, followed by Allan Brooks for 2 months. Ken Rush will also be onboard for the first 6-8 weeks doing behind the scenes duties to provide a smooth take out. (Zach Stratford will be the Activities Manager)

Radiance OTS - Mike Hunnerup from August 22 through November 5, then Amy Fickert returns November 5 for approx. 4 months

Rhapsody OTS - Ken Jones from August 1 for approximately 8 weeks, then Graham Seymour will return at the end of September/beginning of October.

Serenade OTS - Mercedes Lafuente started June 28 *John and Katrina Blair are returning in November (needs confirmation)

Vision OTS - Steve Davis started on June 9 until October 4th, then Paul Rutter October 4 through December 12, then Steve Davis returns for 4 months

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began April 10 for the Asian season; Chris Brown (former activities manager) begins November 25 for the repositioning and for the Australian season. (Darryl Dyball will be activities manager beginning mid-September)

Richard Spacey is now Manager of Entertainment, Activities and Family Strategy Development for Celebrity Cruises in their corporate offices in Miami, working alongside Becky Thompson. Richard will be CD on the Celebrity Summit Oct 21 - Nov 29, and it seems he is going back to ship life on Celebrity.

Dave Chapman has left RCCL. He is taking an extended break, and then he will be moving over to another cruiseline.

Leo Papa at Cornell University working on a Master's degree in Hospitality Administration/Management

João Pereira is studying Portuguese/English education and translation at Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas in Brazil

Simeon Baker - married a dancer, had a baby girl and is a sales exec at a Porsche dealer in Saskatchewan

Matt Baker - Sim's brother - recently married and living in Wales. They bought a pub called the Tiddley

Anthony Richards is living in Miami with his wife, and is working for Royal Media Partners as Manager Port Revenue Operations

Abel Jeney is International Manager at Kingswood Education and Adventure in London

Parker Cristan is living in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - staging/choreographing for local theater

Ashley Kerr - married and living in Vancouver BC, working as a marketing rep for a PR firm

Thanks for passing the confirmation on to us!

Thanks for the clarification, megsie! So Bobby was on VY Feb 14 till April 10, then on SR April 26 till June 28.

So, he will be Rob's fill-in on AD beginning early September (as Rob's contract is likely 4 months long, and Bobby's break is likely 2 months long - typical contract and break lengths).

Bobby did say in the interview that he was going with the Voyager to Japan which would have been April 20. But that would not have given him much time to relocate for the Serenade - but I guess that's what they do. He also said that he would be taking a little break over Christmas and New Year. Sorry can't help with exact dates.

Bobby did say in the interview that he was going with the Voyager to Japan which would have been April 20. But that would not have given him much time to relocate for the Serenade - but I guess that's what they do. He also said that he would be taking a little break over Christmas and New Year. Sorry can't help with exact dates.

Thank you!

That makes his contract on AD a 4 month one, if his next break is around the end of December. (Assuming he isn't moving to another ship between now and then!)

Someone will fill in the exact dates once Bobby gets onboard AD.

Thank you!

That makes his contract on AD a 4 month one, if his next break is around the end of December. (Assuming he isn't moving to another ship between now and then!)

Someone will fill in the exact dates once Bobby gets onboard AD.

Donna,

Thank you for all your hard work and patience.

Don

Donna,

Thank you for all your hard work and patience.

Don

Adventure OTS - Rob McNally May 4 until early September (need exact handover date. Aug 29? Aug 31? or Sept 12?), then Bobby Brown until mid December.

Liberty OTS -Gordon Whatman August 24 to September 28. (Then will Jerome Sueur return? For how long?)

Hi Donna,

Just got off the Explorer this morning. Leigh also got off the ship today to start his vacation. He said he is supposed to come back to Explorer in Nov for repositioning cruise. He is not sure at the moment which ship he will be assigned to after his contract on Explorer is over.

Dana

Hi Donna,

Just got off the Explorer this morning. Leigh also got off the ship today to start his vacation. He said he is supposed to come back to Explorer in Nov for repositioning cruise. He is not sure at the moment which ship he will be assigned to after his contract on Explorer is over.

Dana

Adventure OTS - Rob McNally May 4 until early September (need exact handover date. Aug 29? Aug 31? or Sept 12?), then Bobby Brown until mid December.

Explorer OTS - Keith Williams August 28 until Nov 1. Leigh Xuereb expects to be returning to Explorer on Nov 1st for the respositioning