UPDATED List of Current Cruise Directors (CD)

Hi Donna, do you know if Richard Spacey will be on the Freedom in December?

Unless his usual cycle changes or he get reassigned (unlikely, but possible), then he should be on for 4 months beginning Aug 25, so if your cruise is early in December, then I'd say you have a very good chance of having Richard as your CD. But, nothing is set in stone and things can change even after we get confirmation of the schedule from the CD himself or another reliable person onboard the ship.

No, it appears that John and Katrina Blair are doing a two month fill-in (August and September) to cover Leigh's break. Leigh should be back at the beginning of October. If Erky is arriving on September 28, then he will probably take over as activities manager when Leigh returns. (there might be a one week overlap to provide a smoother transition).

I don't usually include activities managers on the list, but I saw the info about Erky on another thread, and figured that some people might be interested. He seems to be very popular, and has quite a following! Since I LOVE Leigh, I might be tempted to book a cruise on Explorer for the fall or early winter to see the two of them working together - it has the potential to be a lot of fun!

I agree! Leigh is a GREAT CD! I am cruising Explorer on October 6th, and now I'm REALLY hoping it's Leigh and Erky!

Doesn't Luke Arrowsmith work as a CD for Royal Caribbean anymore? He was the CD on Indy when we cruised on her.

He's been on break since May 31. No news of where/when his next assignment will be.

Doing the Navigator TA this November with a big bunch of other CC'ers - wondering who our CD will be. Last year it was Jimmy Rhodes, I really liked him, would be nice to have him again but from the schedule it looks like he might be on leave in November...hard to tell...does anyone here know?

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 then Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Rico du Breil started June 29.

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?) Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD when Rich takes his break (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20. Mitch Merucci returns on December 20

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19 (until when?)

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season, then Gordon Whatman for the repositioning and for the Australian season.

I'm ALWAYS raving about Marc "Bing Bong" Walker (formerly of Monarch, now on Enchantment)! Anyone checked him out on Enchantment since he took over as CD last month?

Had a great time with Marc last Christmas on Majesty. Hoping he's still on Enchanment in 2015 when we sail on her.

Doing the Navigator TA this November with a big bunch of other CC'ers - wondering who our CD will be. Last year it was Jimmy Rhodes, I really liked him, would be nice to have him again but from the schedule it looks like he might be on leave in November...hard to tell...does anyone here know?

Not sure, but Jimmy was supposed to be the regular CD of Grandeur when it started sailing out of Baltimore. Then, the assignments got switched around because another CD had to leave his contract early (or had to skip a contract...I don't remember the exact details), and Jimmy unexpectedly ended up on Mariner. It'll be interesting to see if his next contract brings him back to Grandeur as the regular CD there for a while. I remember someone reporting to us on the old CD thread that Jimmy is looking for a more regular assignment, as opposed to filling in and switching ships each time.

Are the Blairs on vacation now that they've completed their run on Enchantment? Or are they on another ship?

From the list:

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October

Edited by DonnaK

Does anyone know who will be on Seranade the first of January 2014?

We probably won't know for a while, but keep checking back because I update the list almost every day, and I'll post the info as soon as it's available.

Take Gordon Whatman off. Just read on his facebook that because of his back he's going to be taking the rest of the year off.

Back to square one, who will be the CD on Voyager for the repositioning cruise and the Aussie season?!

Take Gordon Whatman off. Just read on his facebook that because of his back he's going to be taking the rest of the year off.

Back to square one, who will be the CD on Voyager for the repositioning cruise and the Aussie season?!

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21. Drew Devine will be taking over CD duties on August 4. (He will be on the ship 2 weeks prior to that date for the handover period)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis returned from break on July 16th and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb started April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (can someone please find out the exact dates). Leigh should return in early October. (Erky from Turkey will be Activities Manager Sept 28, 2013 --February 2014)

Freedom OTS - Mike Hunnerup from July 7 through August 25. Richard Spacey expects to return from his break on August 25.

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 then Mitch Merucci from Aug 16 until Oct 25

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton from May 26 through September 7. Can someone please find out who will be covering Joff's break?

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) July 6 through sometime in Sept (exact date unknown), then Carly Boileau is back in September (exact date unknown)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21 (until when?) Activities Manager Jerome Sueur will be filling in as CD when Rich takes his break (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until December 20. Mitch Merucci returns on December 20

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert from June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Quantum OTS - Ken Rush will be taking the ship out, and will remain onboard as CD until January 2015

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6. Then, Bobby and Becky Brown.

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

How long is Richard Spacey's next contract on Freedom likely to be? I know that since he starts the end of August we will have him for our Sept. 29th cruise, but what about the January 26th one? Does anyone know if he will have come back from his next break by then? We had Mike Hunnerup on Liberty and he was not our favorite by a long shot. Thanks!

How long is Richard Spacey's next contract on Freedom likely to be? I know that since he starts the end of August we will have him for our Sept. 29th cruise, but what about the January 26th one? Does anyone know if he will have come back from his next break by then? We had Mike Hunnerup on Liberty and he was not our favorite by a long shot. Thanks!

His usual contracts are 4 months on the ship followed by a 2 month break, give or take a week or so on either end. But nothing is set in stone, and it can change, or he can be reassigned, at a moment's notice. And, just because Mike is covering Richard's break now does not mean that he will be assigned to cover Richard's next break. Mike will likely get another assignment and will be on a different ship at that time.

Edited by DonnaK

I remember being on the Oasis and Ken Rush had a film crew, filming an introduction to different areas on the ship. When the camera was filming he was on and fun. When the camera was off the witchy diva came out. Changed my whole opinion on him. But I have still have to admit when he is on he is good at it.

Brenda

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28 (can someone please confirm the handover date)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season. Who will be CD for the repositioning and for the Australian season?

From Mitch Merucci's FB page:

BIG NEWS! I am now officially the permanent CD on Majesty of the Seas. I return August 31st until December 13th.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started June 23 for 5 weeks. Ken Rush on break until July 28 (can someone please confirm the handover)

Grandeur OTS - John Perry from July 12 through Aug 16 (who will be the next CD?)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman July 19 until August 31. Mitch Merucci returns as MJ's regular CD on August 31 until December 13.

Edited by DonnaK