Cruise Critic Community
TonRin

Taking Drinks Onboard???

Here's an interesting question.

Scenario:

I am doing b2b cruises next year. the first is 3 days the 2nd is 7 days. We have booked and got the same cabin on both cruises so we have no need to change cabins between cruises..

Statement:

If you try to take bottles of alcohol on to the ship they will confiscate them and give them to you the night before the cruise finishes.

Question:

If I buy a bottle of vodka and a bottle of bourbon and take them on the first cruise and get them confiscated, when they return them tome on the second cruise can i keep them in my room?

Not trying to rort the system but if it works... Chaching!!! :D

Thanks for your answers!!

Here's an interesting question.

Scenario:

I am doing b2b cruises next year. the first is 3 days the 2nd is 7 days. We have booked and got the same cabin on both cruises so we have no need to change cabins between cruises..

Statement:

If you try to take bottles of alcohol on to the ship they will confiscate them and give them to you the night before the cruise finishes.

Question:

If I buy a bottle of vodka and a bottle of bourbon and take them on the first cruise and get them confiscated, when they return them tome on the second cruise can i keep them in my room?

Not trying to rort the system but if it works... Chaching!!! :D

Thanks for your answers!!

No. They will not. They will return at the end of your full cruise.

So here is what you do.

Do NOT bring on your bottles. During your three days, make friends. Ask them to buy you booze from the store on board. Those bottles will be delivered to your friends on the last night of THEIR cruise. Pay them and thank them and take the bottles to your cabin. Hide them. Cabin attendants are supposed to turn in smugglers.

:)

No. They will not. They will return at the end of your full cruise.

So here is what you do.

Do NOT bring on your bottles. During your three days, make friends. Ask them to buy you booze from the store on board. Those bottles will be delivered to your friends on the last night of THEIR cruise. Pay them and thank them and take the bottles to your cabin. Hide them. Cabin attendants are supposed to turn in smugglers.

:)

Agree with the above except to say that it has been reported that smuggled bottles are NOT necessarily returned. Make a friend on the first cruise.

Agree with the above except to say that it has been reported that smuggled bottles are NOT necessarily returned. Make a friend on the first cruise.

True, but the question here wasn't about smuggled bottles; it was about bottles purchased at the onboard shop during the first half of a B2B cruise. Those better be returned to you at some point. :)

True, but the question here wasn't about smuggled bottles; it was about bottles purchased at the onboard shop during the first half of a B2B cruise. Those better be returned to you at some point. :)

No, OP said "if you try to take bottles onto the ship . . . ." this would imply smuggling to me.

we just returned from a B2B on the Allure. Saturday night of the 1st leg we purchased 4 bottles on board and they let us take them back to our cabin to enjoy on the 2nd leg. By the way, this was our 2nd B2B (1st on Solstice) which we were able to do this.

Yeah, the cruise lines have never seen those......:rolleyes:

Just like they haven't seen rum runners either but those still work all the time.