Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Can I ask how they lock it? Also what type of itinerary did you book it for? We did a balcony on our Alaska one and used it quite a bit during the scenic sailing.

If it is like the forward facing cabins on the other Princess ships, there is a key lock at the bottom of the sliding door.

He was part if a duo- duo Push . Maybe try googling them - they were very agile and amazingly strong

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We had these two guys perform on the Ruby Princess this past December in the Caribbean. Pretty amazing feats of strength.

Hi Bob

big posh cabana someone said was 3000 a day

Yours shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Here are a couple of the treatments I found on the Princess Cruises website for The Sanctuary Spa Cabana:

Couples Cabana Massage - 80 min

The Couples Cabana Massage delivers 80 minutes of comfort and pleasure, including a 50 minute spa treatment of your choice between Swedish or Deep Tissue Massage plus 30 minutes of relaxation time and or enjoy items from our specially selected food and drink items. Plan for 80 minutes.

Choose one of the available times for this service. Times are approximate. Please confirm appointment once onboard.

Price:

$320.00 Sea Day

Exotic Couples Massage Cabana Package - 105 min

The Exotic Couples Massage delivers 105 minutes of comfort and pleasure, includes a 75 minute spa treatment of your choice between Bamboo, Thai Poultice or Coconut Poultice massage, plus 30 minutes of relaxation time and/or enjoy items from our specially selected food and drink menu items. Plan for 105 minutes.

Choose one of the available times for this service. Times are approximate. Please confirm appointment once onboard.

Price:

$440.00 Sea Day

Please forgive my possibly stupid question....why would someone pay for a balcony and then not be able to use it on sea days?...Why build them and charge for it then not allow the guests to use it?

Because there is a sucker born every minute.

Please forgive my possibly stupid question....why would someone pay for a balcony and then not be able to use it on sea days?...Why build them and charge for it then not allow the guests to use it?

Because there is a sucker born every minute.

I'm sure Emile and Krys appreciate your thoughts and kindness, Mulege...:cool:

Not a stupid question at all. We booked the the forward deluxe balcony cabins, where the verandahs are closed on sea days, because they were substantially less expensive than the standard balcony cabins without the "deluxe." In fact, on a 7-day cruise, these cabins are $200 less per person than the least expensive standard balcony. The verandahs are quite large when you have access to them.

Hi Dave,

100,000 posts shows there is real interest in the Royal,

Princess cruisers will grow to love the new flag ship,

do not think I will get to your total,

yours Shogun

It took the 'Everything' thread just over 5 months to reach the totals it did. You accomplished in 12 days what I believe no other thread has done, and also reached #5 of All Time in LIVE threads on the Princess Cruises Forum. Quite a feat for the short amount of time! Well done! And yes, the interest in Royal Princess is most certainly there!!!

:D

Yes I'd say a majority of us are very interested in this new flagship. I also suspect that most people will love its new features and be not too bothered by some of its shortcomings. I know I will get over the lack of passenger accessible midship stairs and all around promenade deck. :D

This really is a wonderful photo. However, I wonder how long it will be before someone is overheard telling off another someone to "get off my ledge". In the photo, the lady is resting upon one of the few places surrounding the pool which are available to sit. Unfortunately, I have come across quite a few people on cruises who would expect that the ledges surrounding the cabanas "belong" to each cabana. It looks like there can be potential conflicts since these ledges are the only place directly around the pool to rest -- yet, they encroach upon the "exclusive" area of the cabanas. Maybe I am jaded, but I have lived too long in New York to not expect that some lively discussions will take place over who the ledges belong to in these areas...

Hmmm....If I rented one of those cabana's,I would think that that ledge belonged to my cabana. :o If I'm paying 50.00 for 1/2 day I don't want people sitting in front of my private place (I don't want to look at strangers backs, I want to see the pool). Besides, I might want to sit there. :D

Hmmm....If I rented one of those cabana's,I would think that that ledge belonged to my cabana. :o If I'm paying 50.00 for 1/2 day I don't want people sitting in front of my private place (I don't want to look at strangers backs, I want to see the pool). Besides, I might want to sit there. :D

This is just my opinion, but I really don't see the attraction of staring at the pool :confused:. On a ship I'd much rather be staring out to sea!

The loungers behind the cabanas by the rail have the prime location for ME . . . But those who like pool view will surely enjoy the cabanas ! They look great! Glad to have so many options on the Royal.

sue

I would say the ledge of the cabana structure belongs to those who rented it.

Hi All

the cabana has a gap all the way around it so you may not only find someone sitting on your ledge but standing in front of your cabana as well

Yours shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

This is just my opinion, but I really don't see the attraction of staring at the pool :confused:. On a ship I'd much rather be staring out to sea!

The loungers behind the cabanas by the rail have the prime location for ME . . . But those who like pool view will surely enjoy the cabanas ! They look great! Glad to have so many options on the Royal.

sue

I'll be sitting with you :p - I always look out to sea. Who (other than parents of young children) needs to watch people in the pool? Now if we all looked like models in bathing suits that might be interesting but most of the folks on Princess look like me :eek:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richc78370

Not my kind of Poll Dancer.

Cheers

I was wondering if he had any MORE photos of that guy!

NOT Pole Dancers. They are Russian Acrobats. Excellent show! ;)

Doing their James Bond routine with no shirts was the highlight of my Royal trip, wish I had my camera;)

My 75 year old mother however was a little taken aback when one of them stood right in front of her and took his shirt off!

If it is like the forward facing cabins on the other Princess ships, there is a key lock at the bottom of the sliding door.

So the main appeal is that it is like an ocean view room with a bonus area when the ship is at port. Each cruiser cruises for their own comfort and if just seeing outside is good on sea days it is worth it then....didn't think of it before as an ocean view window that can get fresh air occasionally with the bonus balcony on port days. I typically do inside as DH and I spend little time in there, but I respect we all cruise for different reasons and do different things.:D

Archived