I need to read something positive!!!!

tambo913

You want something positive, your going on a cruise, that's positive.

I'll go for u if you are not sure.

Food was not to my liking, but I did find something to eat every day. Maybe coming from Italy I expected food to be like back home. I didn't starve. I still had a good time. Like everyone has agreed on, the ship was great, service was great, PS cabin was the best, bathroom was bigger than either one of mine at home.

My cruise on costa was their first season doing the Caribbean after many years, things were very different, no pool side music and I hear that there is now, only 1 show was in english(I think they all are now). Plenty of out of control kids(find that on all ships but Princess, princess puts a cap on how many kids are allowed on the ship).

For just me and hubby I wouldn"t cruise Costa again but my sister has 3 children under 10 and you can t beat the price for kids on Costa so we are going again in Dec for New Years.

I am very sure you will have a great cruise.

14 cruises and Costa was the only one I didn t get seasick on, I seem to think they use the stabalizers(sp) 24 hours, other cruise lines only when the water is rough. I get sick the first 24 hours than I guess I get my sea legs for I'm ok for the next 6 days and I love being on the water.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been on many many cruises (5 Costa) and feel Costa offers a wonderful value for the $ and that the service is outstanding. I have posted before that I have had better food a few times on other lines and much worse on other lines. You will not be disappointed! Be positive and look forward to your vacation. You have earned it. You will love the ship and your cruise experience. Be sure and try the Club Atlantica and also the main dining room for lunch. Enjoy!

Babakay

When I first booked my cruise last month for Feb. 2006 on the Med, I thought I made a BIG mistake, but then as I think of it, I keep reading that the ship is SPOTLESS.

OK the ship is spotless, I have a verandah AND we are going to the WC so we have 4 ports we will stop at (if I am starving to death, I can eat at these ports, there is a Margaritaville in Jamaica). I can't believe that the food will be SO bad that I will think the $1,800 I spent for a family of 4 will upset me, I'm sure there will be a steak or a piece of Chicken or a salad that will hold me until I get home or to the next port.

Like me, expect the worse, and if it is better than bad, you will be just fine.

If anyone is sailing the first time on Costa BEFORE February in the Caribbean, let me know how it is and I will do the same for people sailing after February.

TIA

• 3 months later...

Tambo913 , I am on the same cruise as you and there are 75 of us and about 15 of them are teenagers so there should be lots of kids for your kids to hang out with, especially with the kids sail free.As for the negative posts, when there are 3000 people on a ship of course you cant please everyone .So just relax and enjoy yourself and have a positive attitude and you will have a great time.Dont worry if there isn't a towel animal on your bed or that the butter didnt come with your lobster.These are all small things that shouldnt make or break a cruise.

There will probably be very few kids on your sailing as its right after X-mas break when kids go back to school. They know that there will be very few kids so they make a great deal by allowing all kids up to 17 sail for free.

Cruiser Guy...We are sailing during February break and we got in on the promotion of "Kids sail Free" So they don't only put that promotion out there when kids are in school.

Archived