Cruise Critic Community
Algebralovr

Men's room quotes

They need to do what a local Mexican restaurant does in the ladies room. They have Spanish lessons. It's rather funny hearing someone in the next stall repeating "Donde esta el bano?", and i always wanted to answer, "Esta aqui." Celebrity could change the language depending on where they're cruising.

On the Reflection they had puzzles instead of quotes. Nice touch I thought.

“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff."

Jack Handay

You are a brave man! She must not moniter the boards.

She is too busy taking calls to be on CC.

I have suggested she change her number but for some reason she really likes 867 5309. :confused:

As no one seems to be able to remember what the quotes area, it seems to me that this thread is proving one thing at least: men are not capable of doing two things at once... :D

Sue

NOT TRUE. I sneezed and farted at the same time. :p

. :eek:

.:D

One posting that I have never seen in a Celebrity men's room but I have seen in other situations is "We aim to please.... Would you please aim!"

Last year on our TA on the Solstice, I asked our diner table mates if there were sayings in the women's restroom & was told told & that it was unfair . One of the wives asked what was posted, said I didn't recall, so, after dinner, I played guard at the door as she went in & read to her hearts delight

Well, being a female, and never having been in a men's room on a ship, I have to ask ..... what in the world are you all talking about?

He was also surprised to learn that these phrases were limited to the men's room. So, ladies, did I just miss them?

Never noticed any quotes in the ladies rest rooms. Was on the Equinox and did notice all the photo's of famous actors and actrices taken when they were at home at leisure and in family situations.

Well, being a female, and never having been in a men's room on a ship, I have to ask ..... what in the world are you all talking about?

Go to post 15 and open the picture. It will show a saying which is one of many put over the urinals in the men's rooms on the S class ships.

"for a good time call 8675309"

that tune will be in my head the rest of the day.

The last I heard Tommy Tutone was a math teacher in nashville, TN

Go to post 15 and open the picture. It will show a saying which is one of many put over the urinals in the men's rooms on the S class ships.

Could not read the entire quote. :(

This whole thread was one big surprise for me! I had never heard anything about quotes in the Celebrity urinals, and so I thought, nah, this is just one huge joke to ensnare gullible readers and have a laugh at our expense, but I asked my husband and wow, it really is true! (unless he's tricking me, too!) Here is what he said:

Yes, there are quotes above the urinals … various authors/speakers, etc. never really noted a theme… On Equinox, just various quotes “Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics” ; political quotes, etc…

Here is what we're talking about... in my video at about the 6:10 mark. This was on the Reflection:

On the Reflection Transatlantic in April, the men were being trounced in Battle of the Sexes Trivia so the trivia director decided to ask everyone questions based on the quotes in the men's room. The ladies had no idea that there were such things and the guys thought it was a great idea. Unfortunately it didn't help them much.;)

Here is what we're talking about... in my video at about the 6:10 mark. This was on the Reflection:

That's hysterical; thanks for the men's room tour and enlightening those of us who were in the dark!

Are quotes, messages, etc. over urinals common on land?

Too funny...

Too funny...

No, on land they are usually "for a great time, call 555-1212." :D:D:D

That's hysterical; thanks for the men's room tour and enlightening those of us who were in the dark!

Too funny...

J,

in some men's rooms they have newspapers to read. God bless those who do. it is basically scanning the headlines.

this is a song from 1983 about things that are written in men's rooms.

It somewhat comical, but it might express the feelings of 1 individual.

It has always struck me as a great pop song.

Tom

It has been posted that the phone # 8675309 sold for about $190.000.

Reminds me of my favorite men's room poem, written in magic marker on one of the stalls in our dorm at college (1980). A friend wrote it after a long night of drinking that didn't turn out too well. And yes, it was a Haiku.

Sinks are very white

Porcelain mouths gape at me

And Earl calls my name

RIP Jeffrey "Captain" Binford, author.

Edited by jkskrap

I wish I could say the same for my wife. I stood guard outside of the men's room on a Princess ship while my wife used it. There was a line for the ladies room that was longer than the line at the buffet. My wife quoted, "Any port in a storm".

These quotes must not be so great if no one can remember them.

How about...."Don't look up here for a joke, look down because the joke is in your hand." :rolleyes: