Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Good for you! Never let what others don't do stop you from doing what you want to do. I saw my first Opera by myself when no one wanted to go with me. I went and had a blast. The person on my right, a woman, only spoke French, the person on my left, also a women, only spoke Italian and I struggle with English. The Opera, The Marriage of Figaro, we had a blast. It was so much fun with my new neighbors. We couldn't communicate verbally, but we communicated with gestures and laughter.

Ramona

Sounds like you had a blast! I know that I will enjoy my cruise, probably 60% of my day on a ship is spent alone anyway, so it will be a good time!

• Like 1

I went on a cruise. I got addicted to cruising. Not that I cruise that often, but when not cruising, scheming how to schedule one or fantasizing about the one I did manage to book. Got back from my first solo cruise two weeks ago. New addiction. Will go on my next solo cruise in less than 6 weeks.

• Like 1

I went on a cruise. I got addicted to cruising. Not that I cruise that often, but when not cruising, scheming how to schedule one or fantasizing about the one I did manage to book. Got back from my first solo cruise two weeks ago. New addiction. Will go on my next solo cruise in less than 6 weeks.

I understand! I understand! you are certainly not alone....(even tho you are alone) .but not everyone understands....especially people who don't cruise. My second cruise was 6 weeks after the first. Enjoy your next solo cruise---i am sure you will.

Hey y'all. Not a new cruiser but this will only be my 3rd cruise. Single and going solo this time. Sailing on the MSC Divina out of Miami Nov. 29th and I cannot wait. Post divorce reward to myself. Is anyone out there going on this cruise as well? Although I am going by myself for a reason I sure would like to be able to meet new people and make new friends. Any suggestions/recommendations/ideas for a first time single solo cruiser? Thanks in advance.

Hi I am Mike from Texas. Not new to cruising, but first time alone. I am sailing on 22nd September 2019 On QUEEN MARY 2 From Southampton to Hamburg, back to Southampton, then Le Harve France and NYC. 12 days. Traveling in QG. A chunk of cash, but my Daughter pointed out to me that shrouds don't have pockets.

Hi,

Sydney guy here (not single just solo) going on Ovation of the Seas cruise to New Zealand on 4th December 2019 and already super excited about it!

Will be my second time on Ovation, but first time cruising solo and first time in a (studio) balcony cabin.

Looking forward to the indulgence.

Not expecting to make friends but hopefully won't feel left out.

Happy cruising.

Mike :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 9:01 AM, GTVCRUISER said:

Solo cruise on the Eurodam  3 days and a Wake Up 

eurodamsdpier17.JPG

I hope you enjoyed it.  In early december when I'm off on a cruise I'll miss sitting with you in the Crow's Nest like on Oosterdam last year.

Edited by saatuk

Well, I've got 3 cruises from Southampton coming up fast. 

First is a Mystery cruise on Fred. Olsen's Balmoral Nov 12, followed by back-to-back cruises on P & O's Aurora - Nov 28 Northern Lights and Dec 10 Baltic.  I'm very interested in seeing what British market cruises are like. I suspect being above the Arctic Circle in December is going to be kinda different.

Bryan

Edited by saatuk

3 hours ago, SeaFairy707 said:

Have fun.  I want to do a Panama Canal cruise too but those port fees are a killer! 

yes, Panama Canal cruises have a lot of taxes involved! It's a drag. I did a part way, from the east.

21 hours ago, SeaFairy707 said:

Have fun.  I want to do a Panama Canal cruise too but those port fees are a killer! 

You are correct on the port fees.  This is just a partial transit and some other ports and the taxes and port fees were just under $400.  Much more than a regular Mexican or Carib. cruise.  

2 minutes ago, travelnap said:

You are correct on the port fees.  This is just a partial transit and some other ports and the taxes and port fees were just under $400.  Much more than a regular Mexican or Carib. cruise.  

I was just looking at one a couple days ago and the final price didn’t add up to the starting price...that makes sense.

I’m 52 and I’ve been on at least 10 solo cruises mostly on DCL but I’ve also been on cruises on HAL and RCCL.  I have an upcoming cruise on NCL in January 2019 and I’m excited to experience the solo stateroom and lounge area.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NotThePest_Too said:

I posted a couple of months ago but am doing it again.  I have a little over two month count-down for the Royal Princess' South American Grand Adventure 49 days.  Anyone on here going on the adventure?

Ramona

49 Days !!  You'll be steering the boat and guiding tours by the time you get off 👍😎