Cruise Critic Community
42CruiseCrazy

Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

Solo studio sailor on a NCL breakaway 21st Dec 2019 Xmas week. Wondering how a solo experience be like on a Xmas week with other mostly family groups. If anyone has done solo during Xmas please let me know. Excited !!

I did the Panama Canal cruise solo on Princess a couple of years ago over Christmas and New Year's. We spent Christmas Day going through the canal. For me, it was fine, but then I don't mind doing things by myself. There really weren't that many families (at least not with small children), but it was also a 15-day cruise. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding dining companions, or meeting people with whom to do things. And there may be other solos on your trip as well. Bon voyage! (Note: I'm doing another 15-day solo this holiday season - Buenos Aires to Santiago on Celebrity.)

Booked on H.A. Koningsdam 10 day southern November 24/19 ..... my 1st solo cruise .... any other solo cruisers on that cruise .... please get in touch ...

5 solo cruises booked:

2 this month, 1 in Jan. 2020, 1 in Sept. 2020 and 1 in Dec. 2020.  The addiction is getting worse!  😆

Hey, you are lucky you can go on all of them, and afford them, and no one can critize you for taking them. I understand the addiction!

bon Voyage!

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

5 solo cruises booked:

2 this month, 1 in Jan. 2020, 1 in Sept. 2020 and 1 in Dec. 2020.  The addiction is getting worse!  😆

You go, girl or boy!   That’s seriously awesome.   I’m excited having two in one month but neither one is solo.

I have a solo S2S in November - first 4 night Bahamas sailing on Navigator of the Seas and then a 9 night Southern Caribbean on Explorer of the Seas - I can't wait!!

On 10/17/2019 at 12:31 AM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

You go, girl or boy!   That’s seriously awesome.   I’m excited having two in one month but neither one is solo.

Girl...👩

May 17th on Encore to Bermuda- likely returning November 12th I think for a 5 night to Bermuda as well. I actually thought about doing B2B 5 night ones from NYC to Bermuda in November and skipping May.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:14 PM, GTVCRUISER said:

Just got back from my Oosterdam solo cruise , I have 4 more solo cruises booked

gtvcruisersolocruiser.jpg

Wow, you really sound like an experienced solo cruiser so maybe you can give a first time slightly nervous solo cruiser some practical advise.

You have your cabin by yourself , I go to the buffet for meals , the ship has something going on most of the time , you meet a lot of good friendly people , I never feel lonely on the ships 🙂 

gtvsolocruiser.jpg

On 10/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, GTVCRUISER said:

You have your cabin by yourself , I go to the buffet for meals , the ship has something going on most of the time , you meet a lot of good friendly people , I never feel lonely on the ships 🙂 

gtvsolocruiser.jpg

Thanks for the advice,  all new to solo cruising but sure I will find lots of options to choose from and will find what works for me.  Happy Cruising!!

Enjoy!! I am sure you will have a wonderful tome. My first solo is coming up October 31 on the Princess Sapphire, sailing from Southampton to Rome. Wish me luck!

9 minutes ago, shellgirl61 said:

Enjoy!! I am sure you will have a wonderful tome. My first solo is coming up October 31 on the Princess Sapphire, sailing from Southampton to Rome. Wish me luck!

9 minutes ago, shellgirl61 said:

Have a wonderful time and please write when you get back and let me know how everything was.  Happy cruising💟