Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I did all the bookings on my own, yes, except for the cruise. The flights weren't as bad as I thought. It would have been much easier had I remember ANA opens flights much earlier than other airlines AND after I booked, had I not realized I screwed up and booked my flight leaving from Hong Kong before the cruise got to Hong Kong. The biggest challenge is having flexibility about dates and places to go and not minding doubling back. For example, I have to fly back to Singapore from Hong Kong to then fly on to Bali. But flying business class is always so nice and the RTW ANA ticket is a real bargain if you can make it work for you.

• Like 1

I just booked the August 31 2024 Celestyal Journey 7 night sailing from Piraeus! Really excited about this one. I will add a 4 night bus trip in, and probably 3-4 nights each on 2 small islands near Athens after the cruise.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:48 AM, sambamama said:

I just booked the August 31 2024 Celestyal Journey 7 night sailing from Piraeus! Really excited about this one. I will add a 4 night bus trip in, and probably 3-4 nights each on 2 small islands near Athens after the cruise.

Ciao ! Appears we share a love of solo cruising and a Western Mass home (Conway for me).

Happy sailing !

I just recently came off a solo cruise on NCL Prima--it was fantastic.

My next solo cruise is Celebrity Reflection in December, which will be my first time with them, and then the Star Trek cruise (I always do these).

I just today booked two short B2Bs on Virgin (also my first time) in August 2024.

12 hours ago, squick64 said:

I just recently came off a solo cruise on NCL Prima--it was fantastic.

My next solo cruise is Celebrity Reflection in December, which will be my first time with them, and then the Star Trek cruise (I always do these).

I just today booked two short B2Bs on Virgin (also my first time) in August 2024.

Can you tell me something about the Star Trek cruise please?

2 hours ago, shadow 123 said:

Can you tell me something about the Star Trek cruise please?

I could tell you many things about the Star Trek cruises. They sail every year (usually February) and have a lot of celebrity guests on board from all the different series. You can get photos with them and autographs. They do various shows every night, panel discussions, science talks...there are various fun activities around the ship, and every night (almost every night) is a theme night you can dress up for if you want. There's also an art auction and museum of props and costumes. All of the other guests are great (I've befriended a fair few of them now), as are many of the celebrities, who you sometimes see around the ship.

All in all, it's a charter (a full charter--you're not sharing with "normal" people). It's expensive (and got quite a bit more expensive for next year). But I think it's worth it. The first 3 were on NCL and all the sailings since then have been on Royal.

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it here, but you can google it...I believe it's 80% sold out for next year, and all the solo cabins (mostly regular cabins, but they sell them at less than 100% supplement) are sold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I leave in 20 days.  Just booked the Vibe for the first time.

I'm booked on a cruise Nov 2024 but thinking it might be best if I cancel it and wait until the prices go down a few weeks prior.  Is this what a lot of you do, wait until it gets close to a cruise date and book?

6 hours ago, Mrs. H. said:

I leave in 20 days.  Just booked the Vibe for the first time.

I'm booked on a cruise Nov 2024 but thinking it might be best if I cancel it and wait until the prices go down a few weeks prior.  Is this what a lot of you do, wait until it gets close to a cruise date and book?

I don't usually do that because I like to get the early booking bonuses. However, I'm thinking of doing that in the future. Waiting until close to the cruise date. It really is expensive to be a solo cruiser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow 123 said:

I don't usually do that because I like to get the early booking bonuses. However, I'm thinking of doing that in the future. Waiting until close to the cruise date. It really is expensive to be a solo cruiser.

The price for my upcoming cruise is so much cheaper than what I paid for.

3 hours ago, 1curiousrover said:

Hi everyone.  I booked my first solo cruise in March 2024 on the Royal Princess - New Zealand and Australia followed by South Pacific and Fiji. 

I am interested if anyone else on this forum is on any of these cruises. 

Thanks.

I can't answer your question, but I suggest you also join the Cruise Critic Roll Call for your cruise. When you do, be sure to point out that you're traveling solo and would like to hear from others travelling solo on that cruise.

Good luck!

Jim

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

I can't answer your question, but I suggest you also join the Cruise Critic Roll Call for your cruise. When you do, be sure to point out that you're traveling solo and would like to hear from others travelling solo on that cruise.

Good luck!

Jim

WOW!  Have a great time

Hi all!  I will be cruising solo and also cruising for the very first time on the MSC Meraviglia January 15, 2024 to the Western Carribean.  I have a studio aft balcony cabin 14256.  I was wondering if anyone has any information about this class of cabin and how they liked it.  I'm very excited about the cruise even though many cruisers complain about MSC food and the quality of the line in general. I have a 3 meal dining experience and the Thermal Spa booked.  So, I hope to make the best of it.  Also, on the MSC website it states that Bella and Fantastica guests can buy passes to the Aurea Top 19 Exclusive Solarium on a space available basis.  Has anyone had any experience with this and how much the daily pass costs?  That information is not listed on the website.

16 minutes ago, jaxdog315 said:

Hi all!  I will be cruising solo and also cruising for the very first time on the MSC Meraviglia January 15, 2024 to the Western Carribean.  I have a studio aft balcony cabin 14256.  I was wondering if anyone has any information about this class of cabin and how they liked it.  I'm very excited about the cruise even though many cruisers complain about MSC food and the quality of the line in general. I have a 3 meal dining experience and the Thermal Spa booked.  So, I hope to make the best of it.  Also, on the MSC website it states that Bella and Fantastica guests can buy passes to the Aurea Top 19 Exclusive Solarium on a space available basis.  Has anyone had any experience with this and how much the daily pass costs?  That information is not listed on the website.

The food on MSC is not bad at all. You'll even have a surf and turf dinner. There is lots of variety for lunch --- it is other things about the line that i would comment on, not their food.  Hope you enjoy your cruise!

I am cruising solo on Enchanted Princess on Nov. 12, a b2b transatlantic, all the way to Florida. I have cruised solo a few times before and love it.

Edited by JoseyP

Thanks, a lot for the info I appreciate it.  Any tips for first time solo cruiser are extremely helpful and I can see by your signature that you are more than a seasoned cruiser!  Any more info you would like to divulge about MSC would be appreciated.  Thanks again for your reply.

Going on NCL Viva solo TA from Lisbon to Miami leaving Nov 16.  Really looking forward to being on this new ship hoping for a nice weather and great food.  Only 3 stops in 11 days so lots of time to explore and find all about this new class of ship for me. 

• Like 2