Must See with a E-Car

Warm Breezes

We are seriously considering renting a 6 seater E-Car for the 5 of us when we stop in Key West next month. My questions are:

What are the must see places we should go to with it? Do the rental places give you maps showing places of interest?

How long should we rent it for? Thinking 4 hours.

Are there places to park it in the areas with the shops/restaurants by the terminal?

Finally, DH's question....How fast do they go?

Their speed is limited to, I think, 35 mph. As such, just a matter of FYI, it is illegal to take them out of the city on to US1.

I recommend doing a circle of the island. Make your way down to South St, turn R on Reynols, then left on Atlantic. Here, you can visit Higgs Beach, White St Pier, and the East Martello Museum.

Then, continue down Atlantic, turn R on Bertha. Bertha curves L and turns in to South Roosevelt. For the next 2 miles, you'll be right on the coast and the views are gorgeous. You can stop at Smathers Beach and near the end, visit the West Martello Museum.

That road curves around the east side of the island and turns into N Roosevelt. This is our business district with restaurants, grocery shopping, etc. You can stop anywhere you want through here.

I then recommend turning L on either Catholic Ln or Windsor Ln. This takes you to the grave yard. The grave yard is really interesting and is a great walk.

Just so you know, you can't do this in reverse due to road constuction. N Roosevelt is one-way.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Try to hit Higgs Beach. There's usually some free parking long there and you can walk out onto the White Street Pier then visit the Garden Club inside the West Martell Tower ---> http://www.keywestgardenclub.com/

Afterwards, you might want to have lunch at Salute, right on Higgs --->http://saluteonthebeach.com/

Pjk

Archived