Best Grand Suite in Independence of the Seas?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice. I have a short cruise booked for next year for me, hubby and 4 year old son on the Indy.

We currently have a balcony room but I have decided as a treat for us all to upgrade to a GS. Can anyone tell me what the best suite is and why?

By the time we go it will be 5 years since our last cruise and our little boy's first so I want something really quite special for us.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated!

I was in a GS on Indy last month and my cabin was in a very good position. As it has been said all of them are far forward on the ship but my cabin was right by lifts which was good (you didn't hear the lifts) and there was no cabin opposite our door. I have some photos of the cabin and balcony and will just put them up for you if you give me a moment :)

Thank you for the pictures, the suite looks lovely! I also like the decorations :) it will be my birthday the day after the cruise ends so I may consider celebrating whilst on board.

Thankfully because I have booked so early they have most of the suites left and that includes the ones by the elevators. Previous cabins we have had have been by them so I might go for one of those.

I really can't wait to upgrade and go now :D

• 1 year later...
it is addictive. Once you have had a GS it is hard to go back - be warned!!! :D

I am worried about that but some on the aft cabins and JS have a much larger balconies. Love the view from aft balcony I wish there were some GS that had them. Next cruise is GS but Nov I will try a JS aft

I like the GS cabins that are mid-way between the two sets of elevators, and on the Voyager class ships I've had good luck with the ones that are under the main pool deck but near the doors from the main pool to the Solarium. That area has soft decking material and it's a lot quieter than being under the tiled Solarium. 1278, 1282, 1578, and 1582 are all in that area. I would avoid 12/1556, 12/1560, and 12/1564 since they're under the cantilevered hot tubs. 12/1548 and 12/1552 look like good choices right by the forward elevator lobbies, and lots of people like 12/1598 which are a little closer to the hump. If you're travelling with family, 12/1574 and 12/1586 all connect to a balcony cabin, so likewise they wouldn't be great choices if you have other options.

Edited by Cindy

We always booked 1564 or 1264.

Both of these are under the whirlpools. We never heard any noise from above and were in complete shade. Great if you want to stay out of the sun when sitting on your balcony.

Posted by hairymelon

it is addictive. Once you have had a GS it is hard to go back - be warned!!!

So, so true! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree too!! I think I would be ok with a JS but my DH doesn't want to give up the CL and the added perks

What suite is the CL? What is above suite 1548 on the independance of the seas

The CL is on deck 10 midship. It's between 13/1640. 1548 looks like it would be below the Solarium.

Edited by Cigar King