Sun Lover

Homeymooners - Anything special?

My son just got engaged and is getting married July 2014. They want to sail on Oasis for their honeymoon. Does the ship do anything special for people on honeymoons, such as a get-together or special activities so they could meet other honeymooners?

The ship wont do anything in particular, but they could join the roll call on here and see if any other honeymooners join too.

They can pay for door decorations or to have flowers, chocolates or champagne in the cabin. It might be nice for you to organise something for them as a surprise.

I went on my honeymoon 3 years ago and we had a get together with other honeymooners with a cake and champagne in the MDR. Also did the Love & Marriage Show. That was interesting......

It asks you in the booking if you are celebrating any occasions. Put honeymoon and you should get an invite to the get together. This was on the Freedom. If they still do it

you need to send the marriage certificate to royal und you will get the Romance package for free...

you need to send the marriage certificate to royal und you will get the Romance package for free...

Wow, i wish I had known about this. Thats cool

My son just got engaged and is getting married July 2014. They want to sail on Oasis for their honeymoon. Does the ship do anything special for people on honeymoons, such as a get-together or special activities so they could meet other honeymooners?

Tell them to attend the Love & Marriage Game when it is put on. Usually in the theatre around 10:00pm toward the end of the cruise. Being on their Honeymoon, they are almost sure to get picked as one of the three couples. Lots of fun and nice prizes. Just tell them that they will never see any of those people again, so just go for it and have a good time.

Edited by edjny

There was a Honeymooners party on our Honeymoon cruise on Freedom of the Seas in 2006. We had a fabulous time on that cruise, but I remember that particular party being BAD--terrible cake, awful champagne, etc. I think there are just too many honeymooners for RCCL to do much of anything too special.

Really? That's great. Would they just fax it or email a copy of it? What's included in the romance package?

Really? That's great. Would they just fax it or email a copy of it? What's included in the romance package?

:eek: I wish I knew this two years ago when we were honeymoon-ing !!!

I emailed it to a local RCCL representative...and i've got the Classic romance package:

This package includes: vanilla cupcakes and a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner in your stateroom on a formal night and petit fours after the meal; breakfast in bed; and an 8” x 10” framed keepsake portrait

The bubbly was the cheap Chandon Champagne

I honeymooned on Oasis November 2012. The honeymooners party was really good and included cake and champagne

Depending on when the wedding is / honeymoon cruise be sure the bride books the cruise under her current last name, as they will not let you board unless you have current valid passport/BC.

We'll be on the Serenade in October for our honeymoon - this is great to know!

OP, I saw from other cruise compasses that there may be a "honeymooners reception" on board so they can look out for that.

Also, Royal Caribbean has a wedding registry website - your son can register for "gifts" on board the ship (i.e. dinner at the steakhouse) and people can buy it for a bridal shower gift, wedding gift, etc. The money people spend goes into their on board credit. We did this for ours and got a good amount to spend :)

Tell them to attend the Love & Marriage Game when it is put on. Usually in the theatre around 10:00pm toward the end of the cruise. Being on their Honeymoon, they are almost sure to get picked as one of the three couples. Lots of fun and nice prizes. Just tell them that they will never see any of those people again, so just go for it and have a good time.

Im not so sure they'll get picked. We actually got married onboard and the activity director told us to get involved and we still didn't get picked! They made you pick a raffle ticket!

Im not so sure they'll get picked. We actually got married onboard and the activity director told us to get involved and we still didn't get picked! They made you pick a raffle ticket!

Only one of the three couples is usually a honeymoon couple. The other two is usually one that has been married 5-10 years and the one that has been married 20+. Having never tried to get on the show, I don't know how the selection process works. I think the cruise director would pick who he/she thinks will be best on stage. (On our recent Oasis cruise, a gay couple in their 50s was picked as the newlyweds.)

I emailed it to a local RCCL representative...and i've got the Classic romance package:

This package includes: vanilla cupcakes and a bottle of bubbly in your stateroom upon arrival; a tray of elegant canapés before dinner in your stateroom on a formal night and petit fours after the meal; breakfast in bed; and an 8” x 10” framed keepsake portrait

The bubbly was the cheap Chandon Champagne

What was the email? I want to send mine since I'm marrying in about a week and we're honeymooning on Allure!

OP, I saw from other cruise compasses that there may be a "honeymooners reception" on board so they can look out for that.

Also, Royal Caribbean has a wedding registry website - your son can register for "gifts" on board the ship (i.e. dinner at the steakhouse) and people can buy it for a bridal shower gift, wedding gift, etc. The money people spend goes into their on board credit. We did this for ours and got a good amount to spend :)

We actually did this and got a great amount of gifts for the honeymoon, it was easy to set up and now have specialty dining, spa appointments, and OBC for drinks and excursions set up because of this. Setting this up can even pay for parts of the cruise overall!

The Email Adress? It will not work for you...coz it it a german one and they only deal with german rccl bookings.

Was the same person which changed for me the cabin as i requested and all the stuff.

So simply one of the guys who deals with existing bookings...

What was the email? I want to send mine since I'm marrying in about a week and we're honeymooning on Allure!

We actually did this and got a great amount of gifts for the honeymoon, it was easy to set up and now have specialty dining, spa appointments, and OBC for drinks and excursions set up because of this. Setting this up can even pay for parts of the cruise overall!

Have a great time on your honeymoon and enjoy all of the OBC!! :D

I read that if people give to the registry, that no matter what the gift is, it's all onboard credit & that reservations for shows, restaurants, etc., have to be made once you're onboard the ship, not in advance before the trip. Was that your experience?

I read that if people give to the registry, that no matter what the gift is, it's all onboard credit & that reservations for shows, restaurants, etc., have to be made once you're onboard the ship, not in advance before the trip. Was that your experience?

True! We made our excursion reservations and specialty dining reservations in advance, so we paid by credit card. Had we done it once onboard, we would have been able to use the OBC - but we wanted to reserve early so we didn't go that route. We did not see anything that would let us use this OBC in advance. So we are going to use the gift money for drinks, the spa, and other onboard things. In addition, it doesn't matter what people buy you - you just get one lump sum to use on anything. Hope that helps! :)

I was actually able to convert some to cash and the rest go to OBC. I was in control of it and it worked out nicely.

We requested to get some money sent to us so we can book specialty restaurants, the spa, excursions, etc. The rest we applied to OBC.

Edited by d4nigirl

Have a great time on your honeymoon and enjoy all of the OBC!! :D

Thank you so much! Wedding in a week, honeymoon on the 14th, SUPER excited! :D