beach break dominican republic

Anyone done the carnival beach break in the domican republic recently? Carnival recently changed where they go. It has been posted on the destination page and no one responded. I think the new resport is belive? or something like that.

I have this booked for my upcoming cruise, and I do remember reading that Be Live is where they excursion takes you. I hope someone has been there and can post their comments.

You might have better luck posting this on the ports section on the Dominican Republic section. We did a wonderful day with sevis tours probably one of the best excursions we have ever taken. Professional and so much fun!

I took this excursion a few months ago, and it was one of the best shore excursions I've ever done. The beach was absolutely SPECTACULAR!

It's the Be Live Canoa Beach Resort at Bayahibe Beach. There are unlimited free drinks, a swimming pool, and the nicest beach I have ever been to. The beach is absolutely perfect... exactly what you visualize when you are fantasizing about a Caribbean beach. The water is warm, the sand is perfect, and there are no rocks or grasses as you wade out in to the water. So, no beach shoes needed as you walk out in to the water... just bare feet are fine since it is all soft sand.

Here are a couple of pictures I shot during our time there...

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_4457.JPG

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_4482.JPG

That's my wife expressing her pleasure at being on the best beach we've ever visited.

One thing I would caution you about on this shore excursion is that there is an approximately 30-minute bus ride to get from the ship to this resort. So, keep in mind that there's going to be a 30-minute bus ride back... and that there are no restrooms on the bus. So, be careful about drinking too much towards the end of your visit.

I once did a beach resort shore excursion where there were free, unlimited drinks and a long bus ride... and I wasn't thinking about the bathroom situation on the bus ride home. I was drinking like a fish the whole time, and then it was time for the bus ride back to the ship. I had to pee SO BAD on that bus ride back that I can still remember the pain to this day!

So, for the Bayahibe beach break I got smart and did my drinking at the beginning of the shore excursion and then imposed a curfew on myself where I did not drink for 90 minutes prior to the time we were to meet back at the bus. This worked with no problems. Live and learn!

If you want to learn a little more about the Be Live Canoa beach resort... there's a web site with a good aerial photo at http://www.colonialtours.com.do/en/coralcanoa.htm

We did this excursion in February and also loved the resort and beach. One caution though, the nice folks walking around with clipboards are there to sell you a timeshare. We had asked one to help us find chairs by the pool and afterward we were so pressured to attend a presentation that it left us feeling bad. We were accused of not wanting to help him when we said we didn't want to go to it. Other than that it was a very nice place to spend the day.

Archived