Nieuw Amsterdam

We booked a November 17 eastern/ western 14 day cruise this afternoon. My sister will accompany us on the first leg so we could not get a guarantee stateroom. They assigned us cabin SY 5091 on the Veranda deck. After the booking I was looking at the deck plans and realized there are only four SY cabins on the whole ship. The deck is only 60 square feet compared to the SY on the Westerdam which is 87 square feet we have cruised twice previously. Has anyone cruised in this cabin and can verify if this a good choice or not? We cannot afford to upgrade to the next class. Àlso wondered if the glass elevators can see onto our deck while we are having coffee in the morning in our night clothes. Any info is appreciated as I am in a tizzy about this. My sis has stage cancer and this will probably be her last trip and I wanted it to be special.

No one on the glass elevators can see onto the 5091 balcony, only onto 5093. The balcony is hampered by being only just over 4 feet deep compared to the 6.5 ft on the deck 6 Westerdam SY's.

The only time anyone might be looking onto verandahs next to the glass elevators is if it stops so someone can get on or off the elevator. People might look that way while waiting.

Archived