• Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

How many windows in CA cabins ?

Thebes

Hola folks ,

I recently booked CA 10002

It does look like it has panoramic views since its on a panoramic deck. When I play the slide show next to the room on the HAL site , it shows one small window. How can one see the panoramic view from a small panoramic location ? Please weigh in if you know the answer.

Quick there is still time for you to edit your thread title.

Surely you meant 'windows'...... not 'widows'? :eek:

Hit edit; then hit advanced in order to edit the thread title

Quick there is still time for you to edit your thread title.

Surely you meant 'windows'...... not 'widows'? :eek:

Hit edit; then hit advanced in order to edit the thread title

Gracias señorita 7seas.

Boy I couldn't do it for the life of me on the iPhone. Had to do it from the desktop. But I got it done :)

Gracias señorita 7seas.

Boy I couldn't do it for the life of me on the iPhone. Had to do it from the desktop. But I got it done :)

You're welcome.

After 43 (almost 44) years of marriage, I am definitely senora. :D

(I can't do accent over the 'n' on my laptop. :o )

There is just one window, but it is much larger than the standard OV window. I don't know what "slide show" you are looking at, but it is probably not showing you a CA, just a stock OV. Take a look at the "slide show" for an OV on the Main deck, and my bet is that you will see the same picture(s).

This is the CA

attachment.php?attachmentid=247552&d=1349571710

(I can't do accent over the 'n' on my laptop. :o )
The 'n' with a tilde can be found on the 'Character Map' on desktops and laptops. On iPads (like I'm now using) one needs to download an additional 'keyboard'. I haven't done that, but I can do other symbols.

🚢

There is just one window, but it is much larger than the standard OV window. I don't know what "slide show" you are looking at, but it is probably not showing you a CA, just a stock OV. Take a look at the "slide show" for an OV on the Main deck, and my bet is that you will see the same picture(s).

This is the CA

Thank you so much Jtl.

The slide show is the regular slide that one can find next to each and every category while booking. You click on a little pic next to the category and then everything starts to download and start to move in a clockwise fashion just like when look at a house tour online when buying a new house. It's called " virtual tour ". Have u tried that room before jtl ?

Thanks again :)

This is the CA

Omg what a lovely cabin.

Omg what a lovely cabin.

I'm surprised that you have tried long enough to get those cabins but are not available. I know you're cruising in NOV. when did u first look for them ?

I'm trying to gauge my speed for future reservations so I could get what I like to have. I think this time was a draw of luck. I have done some theoretical trials of booking like tried to get 4166 for FEB 2015. But to my amazement, it's gone!!

Unreal.

I'm surprised that you have tried long enough to get those cabins but are not available. I know you're cruising in NOV. when did u first look for them ?

I'm trying to gauge my speed for future reservations so I could get what I like to have. I think this time was a draw of luck. I have done some theoretical trials of booking like tried to get 4166 for FEB 2015. But to my amazement, it's gone!!

Unreal.

It as gone shortly after we made our initial booking.

The NA does not have the SU, it is SQ (neptune suite) and we have decided not to book full suites any more at full price, but if the NA had the SU, we would have tried to book that too...

The TV is way to small for us on the Eurodam, or we would have had the SU already, its an awesome room.

The best cabins go right away. The CA would be perfect for us, as it is so very close to where we spend all of our time and we could save money and get the family cabana...Close enough to take our room service breakfast tray for sure!

It as gone shortly after we made our initial booking.

The NA does not have the SU, it is SQ (neptune suite) and we have decided not to book full suites any more at full price, but if the NA had the SU, we would have tried to book that too...

The TV is way to small for us on the Eurodam, or we would have had the SU already, its an awesome room.

The best cabins go right away. The CA would be perfect for us, as it is so very close to where we spend all of our time and we could save money and get the family cabana...Close enough to take our room service breakfast tray for sure!

I like your analogy. I like to comment on the cabana situation , so you and your DH only on this cruise , no kids I take it ?

So we like the idea of family cabana and we can afford it but its for 4 people.

My question is what makes the fam cabana so attractive to you personally more than the regular retreat cabana and if so is the diff with the $250 more ?

I trust your judgment on the fam cabana but I'm afraid it will be too big and full of other loungers that will be empty and it will lose its coziness and appeal because of the inoccupied extra lounges ? Please weigh in. Thanks :)

I like your analogy. I like to comment on the cabana situation , so you and your DH only on this cruise , no kids I take it ?

So we like the idea of family cabana and we can afford it but its for 4 people.

My question is what makes the fam cabana so attractive to you personally more than the regular retreat cabana and if so is the diff with the $250 more ?

I trust your judgment on the fam cabana but I'm afraid it will be too big and full of other loungers that will be empty and it will lose its coziness and appeal because of the inoccupied extra lounges ? Please weigh in. Thanks :)

Check put the photos, there are 2 double wide loungers. We have our steward remove the 2 additional chairs. Best views ever. Best money we have spent.

I know all about making reservations lol,

But i would never do that.

I know what u mean. Tomo, they will become only one reservation. My TA said wait till Mon for the big sale,,, kinda funny beacuse we know the sale. It's a short term solution no more no less. Can't hold em for a long timefor several reasons.

I know all about making reservations lol,

But i would never do that.

Wonder if you ever thought about category VT on the same deck as the retreat cabanas ? Now we're talking same deck not like CA downstairs. I'm curious about those.

Wonder if you ever thought about category VT on the same deck as the retreat cabanas ? Now we're talking same deck not like CA downstairs. I'm curious about those.

The space inside the ca is MUCH larger than the vt. I do not mind the juilet viewing balcony, and its close to that cute extra bathroom & cabanas, but inside too small for me.

I would never book one versus ca.

I know what u mean. Tomo, they will become only one reservation. My TA said wait till Mon for the big sale,,, kinda funny beacuse we know the sale. It's a short term solution no more no less. Can't hold em for a long timefor several reasons.

Its not really a big sale, i promise. Its the new promo, and what was offered until today was worth more.

Check put the photos, there are 2 double wide loungers. We have our steward remove the 2 additional chairs. Best views ever. Best money we have spent.

It sounds like I'm sold on the idea. Lets hope now that the family cabanas are not all gone. I believe there are only 2

Keeping fingers & toes crossed.

These lovely cabins have been changed to CQ in 2014, the price diff from a VB balcony is only $45, they are no longer a great value. Shame we never got to try them.

Wow!! Really !

So is that like maybe $400 more in 2014 ?

How did u find that info Surfergirle. Just curious !

Archived