• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

pride dress attire..

lildolphin08

Going on the pride aug 18th and just wondering if any one has done the 7 night and what days are the formal nights and what ppl wear.Also what ppl might and can where on the regular nights in the dinning room and what prohibited. I'm sure ill get lots of responses but I've read so much and just confused!! Thanks Ahead of time!!!

There will be two elegant nights on board.. People wear a variety of things so wear what you are comfortable in. I have seen people in tuxs and gowns, which is what we wear, but only because we want too, to suits and cocktail dresses, sports coats etc.. the rest of the week for dinner is more casual, though people do tend to dress nicer in the main dining rooms, we shower and wear polo shirts, sun dresses etc.. if you want to go super casual there is always the buffet!

Is a jacket required for men on formal night or just a nice shirt and tie? Maybe a vest? DH found a fancy dress vest for $1.00 at JCP over the weekend and bought it to wear on "fancy night" rather then bring a jacket...this post got me wondering. Thanks

Is a jacket required for men on formal night or just a nice shirt and tie? Maybe a vest? DH found a fancy dress vest for $1.00 at JCP over the weekend and bought it to wear on "fancy night" rather then bring a jacket...this post got me wondering. Thanks

It would be fine. No jacket requried for men.

No jacket required for elegant night. You will see some, but you will also see shirts and ties, or polo shirts and khakis, the whole gamut.

I think the vest will be fun!

No jacket or tie required for elegant night.

Thanks!!! What about the David's steakhouse for girls n men what do unusually see in there???

The requirements are the same. We went to David's one formal night and the only requirement when they called to confirm was no shorts. That being said, the attire in general every time we we t to a steakhouse was always a little more upscale, again it required though.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Formal nights were Monday and Friday. My husband and son wore button down shirts and ties. No sportcoat. I wore a cocktail dress for each. I only saw 1 person in a tux. All other nights, my husband and son wore dress pants/dress shorts. I wore a dress every night. No need for a wrap. The dining room was not cold at all. I'm always cold too.

Just got off Pride this Sunday (28JUL). Concur with all above. I've worn my military mess dress in the past, but this last time I just brought a suit. I also always wear at least khaki chinos and a polo or aloha shirt for dinner, but the last night we had packed almost anything to I wore "dress shorts" (such an oxymoron!) with closed toe shoes and had no issues. The only time I saw someone turned away due to attire was at Sea Brunch: a 20-something guys was wearing shorts, flip flops and a sleeveless shirt and it was the lack of sleeves that got him rejected (the rest of his party were in shorts and flip flops too, but they were allowed in).

We saw everything on formal night from Tuxedos (plenty of them) to dress shirts (no ties or jackets). Most men wore either the tie or the jacket. I wore a dark sportcoat and tie, and took the coat off as soon as I sat down.

David's patrons were definitely dressier even though we went on a casual night.

Archived