• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Transportation FLL to Miami...

Dr0xX3rZ

I am looking at Go Shuttle and is it me or taking a cab is cheaper?

We need transportation for:

Day 1: FLL to our Miami Hotel: Casa Moderna..

http://www.taxifarefinder.com/ is telling me around 60-65$

Go shuttle is 52$ but we have to wait 1hr

Day 2: Casa Moderna to Miami port around 8-10$

Back from cruise: Miami Port to Z Ocean hotel 22-25$

Then from Z Ocean to port Everglades: 68-72$

So this will be around 175$ of cab.. anyone have a better idea?

Your cab fares from FLL to Miami and Miami Beach to FLL seem a little low to me -- I think $80-85 each way :eek: is closer to what the actual meter fare will be.

Shuttle fares to Miami form FLL start at about $15 per person, but if you are travelling outside of the peak hours for cruise passengers the price will go up. Besides Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) check with QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and SAS Shuttle (www.ridesas.com).

You might look into one-way car rentals - both Hertz and Avis are in downtown Miami (close to POM), allowing you to drop your bags at the hotel, return the car, and avoid the parking fees. Lots of car rental spots in Miami Beach where you could pick up the car on your way to FLL.

Good luck! :)

Your cab fares from FLL to Miami and Miami Beach to FLL seem a little low to me -- I think $80-85 each way :eek: is closer to what the actual meter fare will be.

Shuttle fares to Miami form FLL start at about $15 per person, but if you are travelling outside of the peak hours for cruise passengers the price will go up. Besides Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) check with QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), MJS transportation (www.gomjstrans.com ) and SAS Shuttle (www.ridesas.com).

You might look into one-way car rentals - both Hertz and Avis are in downtown Miami (close to POM), allowing you to drop your bags at the hotel, return the car, and avoid the parking fees. Lots of car rental spots in Miami Beach where you could pick up the car on your way to FLL.

Good luck! :)

Mmmm okay... i have looked at Avis, Budget and Hertz... both Avis and Budget are around 75-80$ for rental from 11AM to 1PM and their location near my hotel close at 1PM on sunday... so it might not work and its 1 mile from my hotel maybe paying extra for the cab would be done with less trouble... Hertz it says that the FLL location doesnt allow to drop the car at the drop location that I want....

Yeah, Sunday travel is harder. :( If you can score a deal dropping the car at MIA instead of downtown a cab from the airport to downtown Miami hotels is only about $25+tip. Good luck! :)

Hi,

I traveled from FL to Miami solo on a Sunday and used "Jiffy Jeff" transportation. They only charged me $40 and I was the only one in the 12 passenger van (a Mercedes one at that- nicest shuttle I've seen). On the way back after cruise, I had a shared ride back to Fl and paid $15.00

He was waiting for me both times as I left the airport and cruise port. They were fantastic. Just google "Jiffy Jeff Transportation."

Good luck!

Hi,

I traveled from FL to Miami solo on a Sunday and used "Jiffy Jeff" transportation. They only charged me $40 and I was the only one in the 12 passenger van (a Mercedes one at that- nicest shuttle I've seen). On the way back after cruise, I had a shared ride back to Fl and paid $15.00

He was waiting for me both times as I left the airport and cruise port. They were fantastic. Just google "Jiffy Jeff Transportation."

Good luck!

I emailed them and they dont have any reservation for those date so it would be 100$ for fll to miami hotel and 120$ for hotel to port everglades... A big no! Lol

On GO to So BEach a few weeks ago. Just go outside luggage pickup . They have a stand, no res. necessary. SAS does not go after 6 to Mia area. Tab for one was either $21 or $25, shared ride.

I wonder why they quoted you a price that was so high??!!!? Maybe due to the time of year you are going? That is really strange. Good in in your search!

C-

I emailed them and they dont have any reservation for those date so it would be 100$ for fll to miami hotel and 120$ for hotel to port everglades... A big no! Lol

Archived