Juneau itinerary help-enough time?

dhzebra

We will be in Juneau on 8/18 from 11am to 8pm. We are renting a car near the pier. I was hoping for help with the order to go to each of these sites and if we could do all of this in our time alloted. Mendenhall Glacier and Visitor's Center; St Terese's site; the Salmon Hatchery; Alaska State Museum and maybe Glacier Gardens. Thank you for any help you can provide.

The museum can take hours. I'd go to the others first, all of which are worth visiting. If anyone in your group is over 62, they should bring their Golden Age pass for the Mendenhall Glacier visitors' center and then can get up to 4 people in free.

We will be in Juneau on 8/18 from 11am to 8pm. We are renting a car near the pier. I was hoping for help with the order to go to each of these sites and if we could do all of this in our time alloted. Mendenhall Glacier and Visitor's Center; St Terese's site; the Salmon Hatchery; Alaska State Museum and maybe Glacier Gardens. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Everything but the museum are what you need your car for. If you have time or the priority for the museum, doing it last with the car already turned in is my suggestion.

Distance away from downtown of your list is hatchery, Glacier Gardens, Mendenhall, St. Theresa's.

Figure out your priority interests and make your route. You "could" include all the list, IF you move along. But, you probably should skip one of the longer selections you have- which would be Mendenhall, museum and Glacier Garden.

Hi, We're on the Rhapsody, Aug 9th and plan to do the same thing.

I emailed Glacier Gardens and they told me the tour was 1.5 to 2 hrs long. St Therese Shrine is 23 miles north of town.

On my chart, I added a little time here and there so we don't have to rush. As you can see . . there is NOT enough time to do it all unless you cut something off the list or rush through it all. We plan to delete the Shrine so we can still have some shopping time in port.

timestartfinish1pickup car0.75 1130am12pm2Mendenhall Glacier 2 hrs2 1230pm230pm3Glacier Gardens 1.5 hrs1.5 3pm5pm4StTherese Shrine 1 hr1 530pm630pm5Drop off car0.25 630pm 6Shop around town 2 hrs2 7pm930pm7Board the ship0.5 7:30pm

keep in mind, the ship may arrive at 11am but it may take some time to get OFF the ship and to the rental office. All aboard is 7:30pm.

Hope this helps!

Sorry . . it didn't like my cut & paist

1 pickup car 0.30 min 1130am 12pm

2 Mendenhall Glacier 2 hrs 1230pm 230pm

3 Glacier Gardens 1.5 hrs 3pm 5pm

4 StTherese Shrine 1 hr 530pm 630pm

5 Drop off car 0.25 min 630pm

6 Shop around town 2 hrs 7pm 930pm

7 Board the ship 0.5 7:30pm

Sorry . . it didn't like my cut & paist

1 pickup car 0.30 min 1130am 12pm

2 Mendenhall Glacier 2 hrs 1230pm 230pm

3 Glacier Gardens 1.5 hrs 3pm 5pm

4 StTherese Shrine 1 hr 530pm 630pm

5 Drop off car 0.25 min 630pm

6 Shop around town 2 hrs 7pm 930pm

7 Board the ship 0.5 7:30pm

an hour is a long time at St Theresa's, if you go there, you may want to take advantage of a short stop at Chapel on the Lake at Alaska U.

Thanks BudgetQueen. Seems like a long way to go for such a quick visit. Have you been to Glacier Gardens?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Yes. I've been to Glacier Gardens.

Do you have a map? Taking a look at it, will give you a better idea how to proceed.

it's all up to you. An hour++ at Mendenhall is enough for most people, with the walk to Nugget Falls. St. Theresa's and Chapel on the Lake, is an easy short add on. You are already 2/3's there.

Archived