BLU no advantage for me

Montana

I have to admit that BLU is no advantage to me. I love the main dining room or even specialty restaurants. BLU does not have enough variety, dining too close, wait is unacceptable. O.k. I expect the blast from BLU supporters . It is not simply good enough for me to go aqua class. If I want an exceptional experience , I choose a specialty restaurant .

I have to admit that BLU is no advantage to me. I love the main dining room or even specialty restaurants. BLU does not have enough variety, dining too close, wait is unacceptable. O.k. I expect the blast from BLU supporters . It is not simply good enough for me to go aqua class. If I want an exceptional experience , I choose a specialty restaurant .

Well, it's not for everyone. Some like it and some don't. No blast from me.

We enjoy Blu, and have AQ booked on our next 3 cruises.

I'm with you 100%. We unusually stay in Aqua class but it is not because of Blu.

The Blu breakfasts were good, but we found the dinners disappointing so we ate in the MDR. The menu in the MDR was more varied and appealing, especially for one of us who has a special diet.

We loved BLU, the food was better than the MDR as well as the service. On Infinity there was no wait to be seated.

To me, the dinners were similar to the MDR, but had special accents and somewhat healther improvements.

Experienced BLU on Infinity British Isles cruise. Service was very good, room much more quite, breakfast better. Dinners were all good, but not as big a selection as MDR. I personally would never select aqua class for BLU, we were offered a great price and tried it. Unless the price was right, we will not select aqua class or BLU in the future.

You are not alone, we were not impressed with BLU either on the Eclipse. We don't really care for the MDR either though, it is too crowded and noisy.

On our next Silhouette cruise in the Mediterranean, we booked a 1B cabin, figured we can go to the speciality restrauant with the money we saved on the cabin. We really like the buffet. When we are in the Mediterranean, with a port intensive cruise, sometimes we simply pick up something at the buffet and take it back to our cabin late afternoon, skip dinner. Rest, clean up and go out an enjoy the entertainment on board.

Thank you for your post.

We love Blu.

We love the freshness of the food, the lighter cooking style, the slightly more creative approach, the plating and presentation, the very attentive service, the lower decibel level, and the décor. There is plenty of variety for us, and in six cruises in AquaClass, we have never, ever had to wait to be seated. And we do love the breakfasts in Blu. I only wish Blu was open for lunch.

Just another perspective.

No blast here. We happen to like Blu very much. Have eaten there on seven cruises and never waited for a table, felt crowded and generally like the breakfast and dinner menus. But that's us and I wouldn't question or blast anyone who has a different opinion.

My husband loves Blu. I find advantages in both it and the MDR. However, next week I'm on the Summit to Bermuda which supposedly will have many kids and grandkids.

I'm counting on Blu to 'insulate' me a little bit:rolleyes:.

I'm your ally, OP. Only one memorable dish in a week for me, and while my wife always found dinner she was never excited when reading the menu. I also remember loving the french onion soup, but that's from the MDR!

We, also, do not love Blu. We tried Aqua class for the first time in April and were really not impressed at all. The added amenities were really not worth the extra money and after the first two nights, we begged to switch from Blu to the MDR and we were graciously accommodated. We have two future cruises booked, but not in Aqua class.

I keep thinking that we need to try BLU, just to see what all the fuss is about. We actually missed an opportunity to try it on our last cruise -- as suite guests on Equinox. Our next cruise is on Century - so, it's not an option, there.

It is/was a nice concept and was something different. Problem is it is becoming too crowded as they keep adding more AQ cabins and not increasing the size of the dining area, but if they increased the dining area it would now become like the MDR, a huge banquet room.

The breakfast menu does get boring after a few cruises but if something was eliminated it could have been someone's favorite. People like consistency but also want changes, problem is it is hard to have both.

Even the MDR menus can become repetitive if you cruise enough. Still many don't like changes and I guess that is the reason that they still offer the standard everyday favorites that many dine on every day.

They try to offer something for everyone and that is why they offer AQ, CC, suites, drink and alternative dining areas.

It's not for everyone, but my DH and I loved it. We never had trouble finding something we liked. We liked that the portions were smaller and the cooking style lighter.

The tables are close but that didn't bother us. We also never had to wait for a table. That could be because we are early eaters. We would usually go between 6 and 6:30.

Service was fantastic. I asked bar service if I could have Sangria and they would make me one every evening. Sometimes they would chop of berries for it. Other times it was apples and citrus fruit. It was specially made every evening for me.

Being in Blu really spoiled us. We have booked the same cruise again for next March and are doing BLU again even though it is more expensive than our last cruise.

We, also, do not love Blu. We tried Aqua class for the first time in April and were really not impressed at all. The added amenities were really not worth the extra money and after the first two nights, we begged to switch from Blu to the MDR and we were graciously accommodated. We have two future cruises booked, but not in Aqua class.

Sounds just like my "story".

My wife and I LOVED the cruise and Summit, but not Blu. That was the only negative thing about the cruise actually...

We were upgraded from CC to AQ so we're looking forward to having another choice for dinner. We've had no issues in the MDR in the past and have always enjoyed sharing our daily adventures with our fellow diners.

I guess I do have a question. Are we still assigned a table in the MDR at the time we originally selected with an option to dine in BLU or is BLU the now our primary dinning room with an option to dine in the MDR?

Just wondering.

We were upgraded from CC to AQ so we're looking forward to having another choice for dinner. We've had no issues in the MDR in the past and have always enjoyed sharing our daily adventures with our fellow diners.

I guess I do have a question. Are we still assigned a table in the MDR at the time we originally selected with an option to dine in BLU or is BLU the now our primary dinning room with an option to dine in the MDR?

Just wondering.

Blu will be your assigned dinning room. You will find the information in your cabin.

We did AQ and ate in Blu on our very first cruise and were spoiled. I was very unsure because I did not want "healthy" food. I am really not sure if it is so much healthy as gourmet. It is fabulous. We love the service and the peacefulness in Blu. They remember you and seriously cater to you. I am not always crazy about the desserts, but they will bring you a MDR dessert if you really want. I did notice desserts had improved when I was on the Eclipse in Feb. and always found something I liked. All of our other Celebrity cruises have been AQ because I did not want to give that up. We also like the use of the spa perks in AQ. DH loves sitting in the lounge area at the front of the ship and having a cup of coffee every morning waiting for me to get dressed.

Archived