Serenade of the Seas picture heavy fun review–12 day Med cruise incl DIY port trips!

:eek:1:eek:

okay folks, I'll take my leave now, since there's so much stuff still to organize. Have fun while we're gone and I hope to see you all after we return. I'll post a link here to get to the new review then.

over and out -- Stef

Bon Voyage!:)

• 2 weeks later...

:)We're back:)!!!

:pThanks for all the good wishes everyone:p.

Just arrived yesterday...so tons of laundry to wash and desperate pets to be cuddled....but hang in there, we sure had an adventurous time and I can't wait to sort out thousands of pictures and start telling you a whole lot about this trip! And boy do I have a lot to report...ship, ports, people, adventures. Be prepared! I'll post the link to the new review here once I actually get started. Need to catch up on some of the fantastic ongoing reviews first as well.

Stef

Just arrived yesterday...so tons of laundry to wash and desperate pets to be cuddled....but hang in there, we sure had an adventurous time and I can't wait to sort out thousands of pictures and start telling you a whole lot about this trip! And boy do I have a lot to report...ship, ports, people, adventures. Be prepared! I'll post the link to the new review here once I actually get started. Need to catch up on some of the fantastic ongoing reviews first as well.

Stef

Yay!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it! Welcome back!

Stef

Welcome home all of you! :)

Can't wait to read the review - never mind the laundry, get on with the writing!! :p

Carol

Welcome home all of you! :)

Can't wait to read the review - never mind the laundry, get on with the writing!! :p

Carol

Hi Carol,

:)Lol -- I refuse to sit at the computer either naked or in smelly clothes:D. The laundry DOES have to come first:rolleyes:. But I promise to hurry.

Stef

Welcome Back! I can't wait to hear about it! Did Tarek get lost? Did Tanja need new water shoes? Did Stef rip another bikini? I'm sure it was quite an adventure!

Thank you!

:cool:Oh you just wait and see --- it's a whole lot more shocking than the three combined:eek:. But I won't spoil anything....Patience:p:p:p.

Stef

Thanks no cast just a sling. I was looking after my mum and was walking back from dropping of shopping for her neighbours and slipped and fell back landing on elbow. Today is my other halfs birthday and I have spoilt it. It was fun seeing how my 16 year old wrapped the presents.

Thank you!

:cool:Oh you just wait and see --- it's a whole lot more shocking than the three combined:eek:. But I won't spoil anything....Patience:p:p:p.

Stef

Stef, You are such a tease.

I am looking forward to joining you and the family on your cruise so please teach Tarik how to do the laundry and all your other chores so you can start your review. Please, pretty please.

Hi I came across your review whilst reading Melissa's review from her comment in there about the Panda cars that she saw :). Thank you for all your hard work in the write up and I'll look forward to reading your latest review soon. BTW I have a white 4 1/2 year old Panda car called Pip . He's so much fun to drive :D

Sorry for the delay everybody...got sick:(. Nothing big, but fever and the most gigantic headache imaginable...lol gained 2 kg during the cruise...lost 3 kg now because of sickness...I'm quite the happy camper:D. Just started the new review! Be my guest!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43946588#post43946588

Stef

Whewwww!! Took me 2 days to read your review from start to finish!! Great report. I am taking my first MSC cruise in 2 months, so looking forward to your MSC review--off to a good start. After reading this one, don't know how I'll handle the cliffhangers.:eek:

I so totally enjoyed the stories and background and meeting your family. I would go back to read your other review, but I'm getting big butt syndrome sitting here trolling cruise critic for info.

The info on Venice and Dubrovnik is very helpful. Unfortunately, I have to wait a week or two to book it as it is too far out!!:eek:

I, too, am a big planner (hence the trolling)--I have a file folder with a slot for each cruise port and pre/post cities.:rolleyes:

I'm on the Fantasia, departing from Venice and stopping in Bari, Dubrovnik, Athens, Heraklion, Marmaris, Valletta, Messina, Rome, and ending up in Genoa. All those ports in 11 (:eek:!!) days!! We have two extra days pre-cruise in Venice (at the Danieli--my husband works for Starwood resorts, so we got it for a steal), and then one night in Genoa, followed by 2 nights in Milan!

My DH is having a double knee replacement this coming Friday--giving us 8 weeks to whip his new knees into shape for the cruise:eek:. Gotta practice cracking my whip and becoming the cruel taskmaster:D

Can't wait for your next MSC installment!!

Hope you are feeling better!

Cheers! Susan