3 Dinner Specialty Package Question

themutis

I was looking into booking the 3 Dinner Specialty Package but was hoping to have my first dinner on the third night. On the website, it will only allow you to pick a time for the first or second night.

Does anyone know if it is possible to start this package on the third night?

On our last cruise we bought the three dinner package after we boarded the ship. (They had a table set up outside the buffet). We were able to book for the third, sixth and eighth night. It was great since we could see the schedule for the formal nights and book around them, and they also gave us a lot more time options than are offered online! I would only book ahead if I really wanted a specific date like an anniversary or birthday.

a little confused here, I assume that u can book your dinner packages on what nights you want once u r on board, assuming the days you want are not already booked up.Surley its up to you what nights you want to eat in a speciality restaurant as long as there is availability

Yes, and no. For the first dinner, you are 'required' to book either the first or the second night, and for the restaurant they specify. That is if you book ahead of time. Perhaps if you book onboard it is different as has been said. All other nights are booked when you wish, as available.

[quote name='themutis']I was looking into booking the 3 Dinner Specialty Package but was hoping to have my first dinner on the third night. On the website, it will only allow you to pick a time for the first or second night.

Does anyone know if it is possible to start this package on the third night?[/quote]
If you book the package before you board, you go to Normandie (on the Summit) the first or second night and then make your remaining reservations with the maître d' there. I did not know that you can book your first night for later than the first two nights if you book onboard, so I take Lucinjo at her word. Just remember, the longer you wait, the harder the reservations become. We did a five night package in April, and had no problems reserving everything, but we eat late (8:30 or 9:00). If you want to eat anywhere between 6:30 and 8:00, I would suggest not waiting, you may have trouble getting what you want.

Hmmm, has anyone booked the restaurants individually (2 Normandie and 1 Qsine for the Summit) and then convert them to the 3 dinner package once on board.

This way I could book Normandie for day three?

[quote name='junetraveler2014']We will be in a suite and have been informed that one reservation is free for the normandie (Summit) part of the suite package. I am afraid that if I purchase a three night specialty package we will loose the free reservation.[/quote]

That shouldn't be the case. It would be extra, so you would get four nights.

Archived