Cruise Critic Community
MA cruisers

16 people looking for island tour

we are a group of 16 looking for a tour -- is there one particular tour operator that could accommodate a group of our size. We would prefer to all be in the same bus or van on the tour perhaps with the last stop at a beach.

we are a group of 16 looking for a tour -- is there one particular tour operator that could accommodate a group of our size. We would prefer to all be in the same bus or van on the tour perhaps with the last stop at a beach.

We are using Thenford Grey for our day in St.Kitts. He has come highly recommended. He can accommodate a number of people. We have 31 in our group.

Good luck!

We used Rose & Jim's Taxi & Tour Service when we were there a few years ago. They each had a bus and if they couldn't fit you into one vehicle, they could definitely cover the entire group between the two. It was a great day - full overview of the island and ended at a great beach / lunch location. http://www.roseandjimstaxi(dot)com

Consider the "Scenic Railway" excursion -- interesting and fun way to take an island tour and should be no problem for all you to do together. :)

LuLu

~~~~

Thenford Grey has vehicles that can hold either 16 or larger vehicles for 30. His tour is highly recommended...........We are using him in two weeks and number of our roll call have used him in the past and love his tour.

Thenford Grey has vehicles that can hold either 16 or larger vehicles for 30. His tour is highly recommended...........We are using him in two weeks and number of our roll call have used him in the past and love his tour.

Thanks for the info. Would be interested in your review when you return from Jewel. Have a wonderful trip. 14 months to go for us.

We toured with Mr Grey in 2009 and several of us are now booked with him again for November. I almost NEVER do the same thing twice when I return to a port, but I really enjoyed his tour.

Totally agree-Thenford's was one of the best tours we've been on. We used him this past Dec.

Edited by jasminelee

This was my review for our stop in St Kitts. We had a great day:

This is our second visit to St. Kitts. The last time we hired a taxi tour at the port with several other couples. The guide was not the best. So, this time we pre-booked a tour based on reviews. We went with Paradise Island Tours for their “Panoramic-Best of St Kitts” tour, led by Rosevelt Taylor, owner. He was listed on Trip Advisor as the #1 tour. Eighteen of us rode in a small, comfortable, air-conditioned bus.

The tour included:

· a driving tour of Basseterre;

· several stops to look at native vegetation and get an explanation of their medicinal uses, etc;

· commentary on the history of St. Kitts;

· a 30 minute stop at the Romney Manor which is a botanical garden and the home of Caribelle Batik;

· a 45 minute stop at Brimstone Hill Fort, a UNESCO site. The $8 fee was included in the tour price;

· a stop at Timothy Hill for a panoramic view of the Atlantic and Caribbean on the two sides of the peninsula.

Those that wanted to stay at the beach had to agree to be picked up at a given time. We selected 3:30 and he came back to get us. Others returned directly to the ship.

I would highly recommend this tour. We got to see the highlights of St Kitts and learn a little about their history and culture. Roselvet served 10 years in the US Army and lived in Texas. His English is excellent and he even says some American expressions, such as, “moving right along.” He had a good sense of humor. He provided water and even gave us some rum punch to celebrate the end of the cruise season. He told us we were the last ship! We heard this at every island. He told us the Caribbean season was October 15 to April 15.

We did the island tour with Thenford Grey and had Mr Grey himself as our guide. He was a real gentleman and knows his island well. I had told him that the cruise was to celebrate our friends birthday and he even decorated the bus with balloons for her. One of our party wanted to find a laundry as after St Kitts we had five sea days in a row. We dropped off the laundry before leaving town and picked it up, all done, on the way back. I would certainly recommend Thenford's company to everyone.

We just returned from a cruise on Jewel OTS and booked a tour for four persons with Pereira Tours. The guide, Raphael Liburd, also operates as Empress Coaches, and his van was quite large and clean. We had a full day tour, driving about the historical points in Basseterre, and then we had a good long stop at Brimstone Hill (we chose not to visit Romney Hall, which all the ship tours were going to). It is a UNESCO site and worth the $8.00US pp entry fee. Liz Pereira made reservations for us at Otley Plantation for lunch, where we sat on a beautiful porch (once part of a sugar cane plantation), and enjoyed the ocean and beautiful garden views. Then, Raphael dropped us at Shipwreck Beach for as long as we chose, and took us back to the ship. On the way, he pointed out the significant flora and sites as well. Raphael's email is EmpressCoaches@hotmail.com; Pereira Tours is lizpereiratours@yahoo.com.

We did the island tour with Thenford Grey and had Mr Grey himself as our guide. He was a real gentleman and knows his island well. I had told him that the cruise was to celebrate our friends birthday and he even decorated the bus with balloons for her. One of our party wanted to find a laundry as after St Kitts we had five sea days in a row. We dropped off the laundry before leaving town and picked it up, all done, on the way back. I would certainly recommend Thenford's company to everyone.

I second Thenford Grey-one of the best tours we've been on.

And he has a larger bus for your group of 16

I second Thenford Grey-one of the best tours we've been on.

And he has a larger bus for your group of 16

I "third" that! He was great!!