jcearth Posted August 8, 2013 #1 Share Posted August 8, 2013 So we had booked a 5 day cruise for February (Fascination) under the Fall and Winter Sale (with a 50% deposit), but the friends that we were planning on going with have backed out, and I would now like to cancel and book an 8 day cruise for next September (Liberty). Since we have a cruise coming up in 5 weeks (YES!!!), I was wondering if this was a possible transaction for onboard (We are going on the Dream and they do have a future cruise desk) so that we can receive the $100 OBC (and get the two FCC's for our family members who will also be going), or is this just something way beyond the scope of what the future cruise desk can handle. If they can't, is it possible to cancel the Feb cruise prior to our sailing next month, have Carnival hold off on refunding us the money, and booking onboard using the money that we have already paid, or again, is this something that the future cruise desk would have a problem accomplishing. My reasoning for not wanting to get the refunds for all my payments is that I don't know how long it will take to get refunded, and also I have made payments from multiple cards, and it would be a nightmare trying to track it all down. The down payment for the Liberty cruise next Sept is $1500 (5 people times $300 per person), which I should have paid by the beginning of next month. I am trying to avoid a huge hassle onboard, but it is worth $300 (our OBC plus we have two other groups ready to book). I was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share in this area. Thanks!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.