Collector's Voyages: What perks to expect?

rkacruiser

Any recent Collector's Voyages guests: what did you receive, if anything, because of your back to back cruises?

What "should" my traveling companion and I expect to receive because of our Baltic and Viking Passage cruises?

Information that you can share is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just off the Eurodam doing exactly this cruise. Other than a couple of cocktail parties, very little extra was offered. However, when we were able to combine the two into a Collector's, the savings, including reduced insurance premium, was about 25% off the two cruises booked separately.

Sounds cheap, but when it was disclosed 783 people- just over 1/3 of the pax capacity- were doing the back to back, it becomes hard to imagine giving a lunch, or a dinner for each in the Pinnacle. Or what other bonus they could have given us.

I've been on several Collectors' cruises over the years, the last one just over a year ago.

In all those cruises, the only "extras" I have gotten were one cocktail party and one special tote bag. The cocktail party was on that last cruise; I don't remember which one got me the tote.

Oh, and I had one dam good time. ;)

I've been on several collector cruises and the benefits seems to vary from ship to ship, Captain to Captain. We've had cocktail parties, special lunches, dinner in the Pinnacle to a nicer bag. I think it is just the luck of the draw. Go expecting nothing but be pleasantly surprised if there are extra's.

We've been on lots of Collectors and have gotten nothing on some cruises, the nice Mariners Tote bag on most (that bag is not discontinued, I think), cocktail parties, dinner in Tamarind, dinner in Pinnacle, Indonesian lunch and any combination of the above. Expect nothing and be surprised by anything you might receive. :)

Our b2b on the Zuiderdam, May 2013 to Alaska, was declared a Collectors by someone which earned us a PG dinner and some chocolate-covered strawberries. It must be noted that we were the only b2b passengers (this does not count the number of tour guides from Korea and China that would be aboard for a number of weeks).

Waiting to depart the ship for the mandatory "zero out," we had the opportunity to talk with Captain Turner before he departed for a conference in Seattle.

Have done several Collector's cruises.

Never got a free dinner.

Did have 1 extra cocktail party only one 1 ship.

The Indonesian lunch on one ship was really for everyone even though they made it sound like it was to be only for us. A couple of other times the Indonesian lunch was just for the Intransit passengers.

Did get a nice Mariner's Tote bag -- someone mentioned that they are being discontinued.

Otherwise --- the majority of the time we got nothing.

So how do you get notified of the extras if any, I'm on a Noordam collector shortly.

You will get an invitation to the event. Most likely also a letter thanking you for doing the collectors and it will outline what they are planning to 'thank you' for doing it.

We had an Indonesian lunch in the MDR. I was told that those nice Mariner tote bags are being discontinued.

for some reason we got invited to both Mariner lunches.

Was recently on the Eurodam for a Collector's Voyage. We received a plate of chocolates on the embarkation day of the 2nd half, an extra tote, a Tamarind Dinner, a couple of invitations to parties and raffle tickets to win nice prizes at the 2 'talks' for Collector's Voyage guests (1 per half).

(There may have been an Indonesian lunch the first half, not sure, because some of our invitations weren't delivered during the first half....the 2nd half we received an invitation to the Mariner's Lunch, which I believe all Mariner's receive. On a previous Collector's Voyage on the Noordam, there was an Indonesian buffet lunch, but no specialty dinner. Did receive the nicer totes on that voyage).

Enjoy your trip!!!

Any recent Collector's Voyages guests: what did you receive, if anything, because of your back to back cruises?

What "should" my traveling companion and I expect to receive because of our Baltic and Viking Passage cruises?

Information that you can share is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The only, and I do mean ONLY perk that I expect from any cruise, including our Collector Cruises, is to hhave an enjoyable and relaxing cruise. I do not cruise expecting perks so for me the answer is I do not expect any one perk other than enjoyment:)

Joanie

So how do you get notified of the extras if any, I'm on a Noordam collector shortly.

We have gotten a letter near the end of the first cruise inviting us to a "special" meeting in the show lounge.

They offer you a Mimosa.

Then the CD talks about how nice it is to have you all staying on for another cruise. The CD has talked about special events just for us!! Joke.

Then a person from the shore excursion desk comes on stage and talks about excursions for the next cruise and how we can book early -- joke. We can do that online before we leave on the cruise. They acted like we didn't have that information.

They also explained how, when and where we would meet to go through Immigration when in the states.

The only, and I do mean ONLY perk that I expect from any cruise, including our Collector Cruises, is to hhave an enjoyable and relaxing cruise. I do not cruise expecting perks so for me the answer is I do not expect any one perk other than enjoyment:)

Joanie

Great attitude, Joanie. And I agree with you 100%. Barbara

Archived