Top 5 makeup must haves

I must have my Merle Norman base and Physicians Formula mineral makeup, plus eyeliner, shadow and mascara. Lipstick is a given....I am just one of those ladies who feel naked without lipstick. I don't bring everything I have because I use a kind of "neutral" eye shadow kit that you can layer to make it fancier for evening. Of course in the Caribbean, it is hot and there are a lot of beach or water destinations so on those days, no makeup til we are back, showered and cleaned up....I just keep sunglasses on all day so no one can see that I have no eye makeup on. (Again, I feel pretty naked without makeup on)

Besides the absolutes...sunscreen is not an option but a necessity, lip balm (with an SPF) is as well, what could I not go without?

Eye shadow, mascara, lash conditioner, makeup tools and lipstick. Pretty much what I use every day. I can go without the foundation and blush, it would just melt off anyway.

Skin care (face and body) is a whole nother bag in itself. No way could I use what is provided by a hotel or any cruise ship. Then we get to hair...no wonder I can't pack in only a carry on :o;)

I have worn foundation forever...however, I have recently discovered BB cream, with SPF 30 by Maybelline. It is CHEAP. It makes your skin look wonderful.

Mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush rounds it out to 5.

When I'm on vacation to take a break, my face is also getting a break :D

Moisturizer with sunscreen (Laura Mercier face shield SPF40 - it's VERY light)

Neutrogena Ultra Face Shield sunscreen (for when I'm going to be mostly outdoors)

lip balm with sunscreen

ONE eyeliner (for sprucing up in the evening)

mascara (for sprucing up in the evening)

I will always pack these. Not much more added to it; maybe one of my lip glosses and my Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer if I want to add more "sprucing.

Archived