Table for 2

poolman11

Usually we just share a dining table with our own group, but this time we are traveling alone and we will prefer a table for 2 each night. Also we prefer early dining. Is it possible to get a table for 2 this way or must one do the any time dining option? Also we purchased the FTTF option. Will this help in any way?

As soon as you board go talk to the person in charge of the dining room and set it up with him. I don't think this will be a problem at all. You can also choose any time dining as well and get a table for 2. FTTF does not help you in any way with the dining room. They are usually accommodating in the dining room.

Usually we just share a dining table with our own group, but this time we are traveling alone and we will prefer a table for 2 each night. Also we prefer early dining. Is it possible to get a table for 2 this way or must one do the any time dining option? Also we purchased the FTTF option. Will this help in any way?

When you booked your cruise what dining option did you tell them?? Early dining is often quite full....you can ask for a 2 top and the Maitre' D will do his best to accommodate your request

When you booked your cruise what dining option did you tell them?? Early dining is often quite full....you can ask for a 2 top and the Maitre' D will do his best to accommodate your request

We told them early. But that is not really a priority. Late would be fine as long as we have our own table.

Your best chance to get a table for two is to email the maitre'd of the ship ahead of time. If you wait till you are on the ship the chances are greatly reduced, your S&S card will already be printed up with your table number on it. But if you have never done it, sitting with other people can a great experience.

But if you have never done it, sitting with other people can a great experience.

That's why we always get a table for 2 now and any time dining. We've had too many nightmares with tablemates that it's easier just to dine with DH and myself. We're not ones to be raked over the coals with personal questions about ourselves.

That's why we always get a table for 2 now and any time dining. We've had too many nightmares with tablemates that it's easier just to dine with DH and myself. We're not ones to be raked over the coals with personal questions about ourselves.

I guess it depends on how social you are. My wife and I are very social and like meeting new people. We do the same at lunch, or brunch. We still keep in contact with some of our table mates via email and Facebook. Sorry you had nightmares

I guess it depends on how social you are. My wife and I are very social and like meeting new people. We do the same at lunch, or brunch. We still keep in contact with some of our table mates via email and Facebook. Sorry you had nightmares

Especially when they couldn't speak English.:eek:

I agree with you. We enjoy meeting others at the Meet & Greet from our Roll Call and we always like to strike up conversations around the ship, but we prefer not to dine with others.

If that makes us anti-social....oh well......:rolleyes:

I agree with you. We enjoy meeting others at the Meet & Greet from our Roll Call and we always like to strike up conversations around the ship, but we prefer not to dine with others.

If that makes us anti-social....oh well......:rolleyes:

If you are referring to my post, I didn't say anything about anti-social

If you are referring to my post, I didn't say anything about anti-social

Wasnt referring to your port at all. Just stating that a lot of people on these boards think if you prefer to dine alone you are anti-social.

Honestly was not referring to your particular post........

Wasnt referring to your port at all. Just stating that a lot of people on these boards think if you prefer to dine alone you are anti-social.

Honestly was not referring to your particular post........

Ok, sorry if I thought that. I just didn't want you to think that was my meaning. I know some people just aren't that comfortable around strangers, doesn't mean they are anti-social. That's what I mean about their social level.

Ok, sorry if I thought that. I just didn't want you to think that was my meaning. I know some people just aren't that comfortable around strangers, doesn't mean they are anti-social. That's what I mean about their social level.

I completely understand.........sorry if I came across that way.....:o

Hmmmm... Another thread on table size preference.

Hello, Beards, John... are you listening? Give us the choice when we book along with our dining time! PLEASE??? :confused:

Or do they only search for smuggling threads?:p

You can always get a table for two by going Your Time Dining and go to the early seating. Take a stroll through the dining room and you can request the table and/or wait team you want also. Doesn't usually ad any wait time.

A nice option when you have a late port day. :)

I believe she was referring to me as being antisocial. We are not antisocial at all, we like to talk to fellow cruisers, just not at dinner time. I even email people we have met on cruises and keep in touch. DH goes to the veteran get togethers which is a social gathering. We're just not into sharing a table with people we don't know, and can't communicate with. Would you go into a restaurant and sit down at someone's table and start up a conversation?:rolleyes:

My husband and I are very social in our lives and are very comfortable around others but when we go on cruises, it is to get away and enjoy each other, so we like our own table for two for all meals, except when we travel with others of course and then we eat with them, up to tables of 10-12. As far as table for two-most tables for two are either next to or between other tables for two, side by side or out in the middle of the dining room with people going by you all the time. Most ships have a few tables for two tucked away in side areas or a few by the rails. If we have a table for two next to others, I prefer one at the far end of the row, with no one next to us on one side and not on the aisle. We are again, extremely social the rest of the cruise, just not during our meals. On embarkation day, usually about 1 PM(it is posted in the daily info), the Maitre' D will be available in a dining room to help change tables, if you do not like yours. I would suggest to go start standing in the line 30 minutes before it opens, so as to avoid a longer wait later and possibly get a better table. He/She will be able to show you a seating plan for the dining room, so you can see where your table is-it might be just perfect-if not, request a change. Good luck and enjoy.

Archived