What other beaches are nice besides Orient Beach at St. Maarten

Orient beach isn't that bad with the nudity. I took my kids there and they loved it. I think they only saw one naked guy, and they laughed. Just stay on the left side. Another great place to go is Maho beach. The beach itself is nice but rough surf sometimes. I love going there to see the planes come in. The airport is across the street so it looks like there gonna land on the beach. A must see IMHO!!! Have fun, I love St. Maarten!

Orient Beach is the main beach that allows nudity, although it may be seen elsewhere on the island. Nudity is definitely more common on one side of the beach, as noted.

All beaches allow women to be topless, but as a general rule of thumb it is more common on the French side.

I would suggest going to the beach by the airport. Lots of fun, and as it's not really a relaxing place to sunbath, topless women might be less common. Also, the popular beach bar looks family friendly (and it is) but does allow topless women (they are given free drinks).

A minor point, but the French side is known as 'Saint-Martin' while the Dutch side is known as 'Sint Maarten'.

We just got home from our Fantasy Cruise yesterday. My family and I all recommend Le Gallion beach on St Maarten. It was just around the corner from Orient. (East of Orient) It was the best beach I've ever visited! Calm, shallow water... And beautiful!

Thank you!! I will check out Maho Beach also!

it's not uncommon to see topless sunbathers on Maho, it's a lively beach with a 'hopping' bar, note the sign there

IMG_0965.jpg

not much of a beach imo all about watching the planes land after you've enjoyed another quiet beach earlier in the day.

IMG_0966.jpg

Thank you for all the info and pictures! Alot of people have been suggesting Mullet Bay. Is that a nice beach, they say you can see the planes too.

You can see the planes on approach until they go behind the trees/hill, but they are what ... a 1/4 to 1/2 mile away. Nothing like Maho. I will say occasionally there is little to no sand on Maho. That beach seems to fill and unfill with sand. Plus some days it is calm, others days it is super rough.

I will also add St Maarten isn't known for it's lavish bathroom facilities.

In fact many beaches have huts and outhouses. Some expect a tip when used. :rolleyes:

If continuing on to St. Thomas, it makes you appreciate plumbing. lol

Mullet bay is beautiful, small open bar, had some good grilled chicken, some OK snorkeling on the south side, calm water, Don's John for bathroom. :eek: Chairs and umbrellas for rent.

HTH

Archived