Booking a cruise while on board Celebrity

tiercel

Hello,

I know I have seen a thread on this aspect before, but could not find it. I am considering another cruise on Celebrity, and will be on my first Celebrity cruise in December. Are there any specific "rewards" given if you book a cruise while on your cruise with Celebrity? Any information would be most appreciated, and will assist me with booking my next cruise.

If you book another cruise on board, they will upgrade you two levels within category....so you will get a "better" room for less. That's not inside to outside...it's two levels of inside, etc. That's true up to Concierge where they will upgrade you to C2 at the C3 price. No upgrades for aqua or suites. They also generally lower the required deposit. All the other OBC offers, etc are the same as if you purchased on land.

If you do buy a cruise on-board, you have 60 days to transfer the booking to a TA of your choice which many do to get additional perks/OBC's from their travel agent.

Hello ghstudio,

Thank you for your response. That is exactly what I need to know. Sounds like I may be talking to the desk on board the Equinox about my next cruise. One more question, some cruise lines offer "OBC" if you have other family or friends book the same cruise within a set period of time. Does Celebrity have such an offer? Again, thank you for your response.

We booked our next cruise on board. We generally miss out on perks that are for US & Canadian passengers. This time we were able to pick a perk. We got a classic drinks package. We also had the chance to pick the exact cabin with a slight discount due to the upgrade.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hello benjoon,

Being able to obtain the classic drinks package certainly has my attention. Thank you for the response. It appears that I need to go on my next cruise prepared to book another one if the price and perks are right.

Hello ghstudio,

Thank you for your response. That is exactly what I need to know. Sounds like I may be talking to the desk on board the Equinox about my next cruise. One more question, some cruise lines offer "OBC" if you have other family or friends book the same cruise within a set period of time. Does Celebrity have such an offer? Again, thank you for your response.

If you book on board you will get 'OBC', the amount depends on the length of the cruise, and they also extend that to two additional cabins for friends/family that book within either 14 or 30 days of your booking.

My tip?

If they say they are too busy to speak with you and to fill out the future cruise info

(including credit card numbers) and they will contact you when you get home, don't count on it!

I had to argue with them to to get them to honor what they said they would do

and I have the pleasure of wondering exactly who has all of our information.

You will need to make a appointment for the cruise desk, plus they aren't very helpful. You née to know what cruise, date and cabin category you want. They won't do much searching to get you the best price.

The computers on board do allow you to search for cruises for free. I found it easier to buy few certificates and book a cruise on my own. Problem is lately the SBC is not very useful as it is not combinable with many of the promos.

I always have a pretty good idea of the cruise I will be booking before we get on board. I am usually at the Future Cruise Consultants desk the first or second day. It is never busy then and they have lots of time for you. It is also nice to have all my documentation in hand before I leave the office. The last 3-4 days of the cruise it is a zoo in there:eek:

Many thanks to everyone who responded. Fortunately, I will know exactly which cruise, date, etc. I will be considering. I also appreciate the advice to do this early during the cruise. Naturally, I will have to keep up with what promotion is going on just before I get on the cruise as well. Also, thanks for the warning about filling out an information card, since I would want to get this done during the cruise and not afterwards.

The first day of the cruise go to the future cruise desk. Different on each ship. I think the Summit actually has an office. There should be a book where you can sign up for an appointment. Make sure you check the times they are open. I do not book a cruise, but for $100 deposit a person I do a future cruise. I also deal with the same travel agency, so I give them their name and it goes on the certificate. There is no time limit on the certificate, just transferring to an agency (which is 60 days), so if you always deal with the same agency all the time you just tell the future cruise director their name.

I dont think I have ever bought another cruise while on board a ship but I certainly do buy Future Cruise Credits and get the 2 cat. upgrade, reduced deposit and get the on board credits but these normally just sit in my account until I see the cruise I would like to go on so all those who are trying to get an appointment to book their next cruise while on board makes me wonder why you have to do this while on board ???

The computers on board do allow you to search for cruises for free.

Be careful with this. Unfortunately this is not the case with Solstice, which has some bug in connecting to the Celebrity website. It requires a software upgrade, but it has been some time since the last one.

We booked our next cruise on board. We generally miss out on perks that are for US & Canadian passengers. This time we were able to pick a perk. We got a classic drinks package. We also had the chance to pick the exact cabin with a slight discount due to the upgrade.

Just be aware some promotions are not combinable with onboard bookings.

For example, the recent 123 drinks promotion was not combinable.

You could book onboard and get the promotion, but then you wouldn't get the onboard booking benefits such as category upgrade and OBC as mentioned above.

We got the cabin upgrades & the classic drinks package. We wouldn't have got any of these by booking through Celebrity Australia. So it's been a bonus booking on board & only $300 deposit for 3 of us.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forums mobile app

We got the cabin upgrades & the classic drinks package. We wouldn't have got any of these by booking through Celebrity Australia. So it's been a bonus booking on board & only $300 deposit for 3 of us.

It sounds like you booked through the Pick your perk promotion which was combinable with onboard.

The Pick your perk promotion, like the 123 promotion was available in Australia, so you would have gotten it booking locally.

However, the upgrade offer is only applicable to onboard bookings regardless of country.

We are on board the Connie in October and looking to book a January 2015 on the Xpedition. Does anyone know if the same on board benefits for reduced deposit, OBC and category upgrade are available for this ship?

As its first cruise you can join Captains Club which gets you extra discount when booking onboard.

Only on a very few cruises in only some categories...and then it's likely not combinable with other better perks.

If you book on board you will get 'OBC', the amount depends on the length of the cruise, and they also extend that to two additional cabins for friends/family that book within either 14 or 30 days of your booking.

But that obc is generally not combinable with any other offer...so you have to check all options.

We are on board the Connie in October and looking to book a January 2015 on the Xpedition. Does anyone know if the same on board benefits for reduced deposit, OBC and category upgrade are available for this ship?

I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think you do get the main benefits, probably just the reduced deposit.

The reason for the OBC is the cruise is mostly inclusive (i.e. tours and drinks), so there's very little to spend on anyway.

And with the cabins there are a very limited range and the grades are categorised individually so, like the higher end cabins on the other ships, you don't get upgraded across grades.

Archived