Royal or Celebrity?

cocacola86

We're looking at Royal or Celebrity, probably out of San Juan. Just wondering what your thoughts are? I know they're both owned by Royal. We're 34 and 33 do you think Celebritywould be two fancy for our age groups. What're the pros and cons between the jewel of the seas and celebrity summit? Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We love Royal for its entertainment options and younger vibe...but the smoking policy on Celebrity will eventually win us over unless Royal makes changes. I think most cruisers will agree at your age, Royal may be more exciting than Celebrity. You will love sailing out of San Juan..I hope you are able to spend a few days before or after sailing. What are your ports?

Lauri

We're looking at Royal or Celebrity, probably out of San Juan. Just wondering what your thoughts are? I know they're both owned by Royal. We're 34 and 33 do you think Celebritywould be two fancy for our age groups. What're the pros and cons between the jewel of the seas and celebrity summit? Thanks

I've been on both ship classes. For your age, I recommend Jewel of the Seas. There are more activities and better nightlife.

We've been on both, and really don't see that much difference in entertainment options, other than the hairy chest competition. We love both lines except like another poster said, the smoking policy of Celebrity won us over. That and the free glass of champagne when you first board, and the cold towels and water when you come back from a port.:D

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Royal is owned by the Carnival Corp. and run bt Princess. Celebrity ships are owned by Royal Caribbean Corp.

Royal is a very large ship. Celebrity has some slightly smaller ships. Both lines do an excellent job and you would get much the same experience no matter which you took. I think your age would have a better fit with the Royal Caribbean ships. They have more activities for younger passengers. Princess and Celebrety draw an older group.

I think you need to do a bit more research on the ships you are looking at.

Royal is owned by the Carnival Corp. and run bt Princess. Celebrity ships are owned by Royal Caribbean Corp.

Royal is a very large ship. Celebrity has some slightly smaller ships. Both lines do an excellent job and you would get much the same experience no matter which you took. I think your age would have a better fit with the Royal Caribbean ships. They have more activities for younger passengers. Princess and Celebrety draw an older group.

I think you need to do a bit more research on the ships you are looking at.

I think you may be confused. Carnival Corporation owns Princess but has nothing to do with either Royal or Celebrity.

While it is true that the largest Royal ships are bigger than the largest Celebrity ships, the two ships being considered by the OP are nearly the same size.

Jewel of The Seas is 90,000 GRT and 962 feet in length.

Celebrity Summit is 91,000 GRT and 965 feet in length.

Archived