Narrowed it down to Woodwind or Bonaire Vista tour.

canadarocks

I would say that you should go snorkelling as there is not anything that much to see on the island of Bonaire itself. I have been to over 160 countries and in my humble opinion the snorkelling off Bonaire is in the top 3 or 4 places in the world for seeing amazing sea life.

I sent Woodwind an email for for a reservation this coming

November. The more I read about it the more I liked it. I like the idea of drift snorkling. I can swim well but this way you just sort of drift with the current and you don't have to swim into it to get somewhere. The boat follows you so it just sounds great. Only thing I would like to know if there any toilet facilities on the boat? I'm sure there is but just would like to know for sure. Thanks!!

Deb

Yes there is a toilet, a standard marine head.

You will love Woodwind. Dee is so kind and concerned about everyone regardless of experience having a great time. She would even hold your hand if necessary.

Yes there is a toilet, a standard marine head.

You will love Woodwind. Dee is so kind and concerned about everyone regardless of experience having a great time. She would even hold your hand if necessary.

That is good to know....the holding hand part too...lol:)

Deb

We are 8 months out from this cruise and they already have 10 booked!!!

Deb

They reported being booked up not long after we booked with Woodwind, about 10 months out from the cruise. As it happened, on the day of they must have had some cancellations, because they had a few open spots, and tablemates of ours were able to get to their booth early and snap them up.

It was by far the best snorkeling excursion we've ever done, with the best service (and a great hot lunch!).

• 2 weeks later...

TBN Hubby here:

The reviews posted above by 1stcarnivalcruise user_offline.gif and others are very accurate. We have been on two morning tours with Woodwind in the last 6 months (Dec/2014 and Feb/2015) and another several years ago. This is definitely a 5-star outfit.

Everything is first rate, every time. Never, ever been on any other snorkel tour that offered prescription-type masks! They go to great lengths to fit masks and fins so there is minimal problems during the snorkel. Top notch for safety, and Dee and the other guides will do almost anything to make your day enjoyable. On our Feb 2015 tour there was a first timer that apparently was not at all comfortable. Dee, literally, pulled him along during the whole tour -- at both stops. I don't think he ever moved a muscle (at least until lunch was served). Amazing!

I may have missed the answer, but someone asked about the food/snacks. I have only gone on the morning trips (calmer water). On the morning trip they served a very nice noodle/chicken/egg-roll dish that I really liked. This was on the way back from Klein Bonaire and the snacks do NOT infringe on your snorkel time. Soft drinks, water, and mixed drinks also included.

Credit cards welcome BTW.

Also in February the meeting spot was not in the area of the cloth shelters, as was stated above (they were there in December). There is a new cruise pier shopping complex just being finished and that is right at the end of the pier where the tours used to meet. That has caused some confusion and changes in the meeting spot for various tours. In February 2015, Woodwind met us just adjacent to the exit gate on the left hand side, as you face land. There is a small masonry building there, maybe 100-feet from the security gate. In any event, there will be a small "WOODWIND" sign and it WILL be right or very near the exit gate of the pier. If you don't see them, just ask someone. They are well known.

We are going on another cruise to Bonaire in Feb 2017 and I have already emailed them. Can't wait!

Just noticed a comment above about the 'jellyfish'. We didn't have this issue Dec and Feb, but I did encounter this a few years ago. Someone that is a biologist can correct me, but I think they were called locally 'shark fleas' (??) and understood it was a type of plankton.

Anyway, if it is what I encountered, they are tiny, virtually invisible, and they are more of a minor annoyance than a real problem. Dee told us on that trip that only someone with extremely sensitive skin would have a problem. For me, I noticed a very slight stinging sensation, occasionally, around my lips and also occasionally on my hands. ( I wear a 'rash guard'- type long sleeve shirt made for diving/snorkeling.) Before I was settled back on the boat, the stinging sensation was already gone.

I note that nobody on my tour was bothered enough to return to the boat and apprently that was the same for the trip reviewed above.

We just returned from our 2015 cruise and had an amazing afternoon with Woodwind. They are, by far, the most professional and thorough snorkel company we have EVER booked with. Dee and her crew spent over an hour outfitting each of us (approx. 25) with gear.

From every possible fin size, to prescription masks, to Tribord Easybreath masks that truly changed my life where snorkeling is concerned..... Woodwind has it all! :cool:

And the snorkeling in Bonaire is spectacular! The best in the Caribbean that we've experienced so far.

Edited by canadarocks