SecretSiren

Freedom of the Seas web site!

Yep said the same thing for me. I tried it at work where we have numerous virus catchers, firewalls, etc. So hopefully, I didn't just infect the whole firm!

I believe this will be an "official" website sponsored by Royal Caribbean. I'm pretty sure they have rights to the domain just as they did with http://www.voyageroftheseas.com when that ship first made it's debut.

FREEDOM OF THE SEAS is BIG news for Royal Caribbean, and no doubt they want to advertise, market, and create interest for this amazing ship in every way possible. Having a dedicated website can do just that.

So far the website is not up and running. Hopefully soon!

Ernie

Yep said the same thing for me. I tried it at work where we have numerous virus catchers, firewalls, etc. So hopefully, I didn't just infect the whole firm!

I would not worry too much about this. The site doesn't seam to be in use yet. The domain appears to be registered by RCCL. It was already registered in october 2004.

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
  Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.			  adminxxxx@rccl.com
  1050 Caribbean Way
  Miami, FL 33132-2028
  US
  305-539-xxxxx fax: 305-539-xxxx

This information is the same as registered with RCCL.COM and VOYAGEROFTHESEAS.COM. Note: although this information is publicly available I desided to add a few "x"''s to avoid spamtools to retrieve this information from this board.

Scheduled to go live in a few hours.....start clicking refresh ;)

http://www.freedomoftheseas.com/

Bookmark it now, and check back in a few hours with your volume turned UP!

A few hours ? Where did you get this info ?

Radio

;) ;)

I'm officially excited now. Thanks for the link. Phewy on them for making us wait until August for more info.

But they've got a pretty good portion of it built to where you can tell its a ship. I didn't think they did any of the outside first, I thought they work inside out. I hope they are taping the building of this for a TLC or Travel Channel special.

Guest OBAYbee

Way cool and thanks to the person who wishes to and will remain anonymous for this info!

I especially thought the whirlpool looking over the side of the ship was innovative. Nice flat-screen TV panels overhead.

I think it's a nice "leak" from the OP. Thanks for the preview!

Hopefully I'll get to hear more at the C&A party on the Explorer at the end of the month. I'll certainly post here if I do.

Just got an email from RC with the same link and I still cannot see anything:(

1. delete your temp internet files.

2. turn off pop up blockers.

3. you must have flash to view it.

Scheduled to go live in a few hours.....start clicking refresh ;)

http://www.freedomoftheseas.com/

Bookmark it now, and check back in a few hours with your volume turned UP!

THANK U SO MUCH FOR BEING THE FIRST TO SHARE THIS INFO WITH EVERYONE!!!! :D :cool: :D

Took a while to load and experienced a few glitches the first time it started to play, but then it worked well. Hate having to wait until August for more info, but the quality of what they have on their is good, especially the views of the jacuzzi's overlooking the ocean. I suspect that they will have artist's concepts of the staterooms which will give us a better idea than the floorplan does. By October 15, 2006 we will be more than ready to explore this ship. :)

I get the site up until the point it shows the ship, then the page stays black. Any suggestions?

Did the temp file, the pops and I have the flash player.

Thanks for the help friends, I finally got it.Looks nice and very exciting to see a bit more....cant wait till August for more!!

Guest Crazeecat5

Choosin,

I'm having the same problem. Only shows the intro then a black screen. Guess they're still working on it.

Sheryl

Choosin,

I'm having the same problem. Only shows the intro then a black screen. Guess they're still working on it.

Sheryl

I have the same problem

Guest Crazeecat5

Just got an email from RCCL introducing this new site and giving me the link. It still only gets me to a black screen. I emailed them back explaining this. Let's see what happens.....

Sheryl

So did I..I was using netscape and then tried it on Explorer and it worked fine...awesome sight...

Emmy

THANK U SO MUCH FOR BEING THE FIRST TO SHARE THIS INFO WITH EVERYONE!!!! :D :cool: :D

Awesome site eh Ty! Enjoy.... love the shipyard photo .... Freedom seems to cloud our thoughts of Sapphire don't you think Ty ;)

Emmy

I must say the site leaves much to be desired.

First, the design doesn't really look as elegant and sharp as most RCCL materials. For example, on the home page that launches the flash site, the form of Rockwell they use seems almost cartoonish, like the rest of the site.

Second, its flash. Not smart. Now people cannot search the site with popular search engines, i.e. Google.

The countdown clock is also a mistake. What if something goes wrong?

Do we really see anything that new on the site?

Sorry, but I don't think RCCL has done a good job selling a product that isn't completed yet.

Just my $0.02 for the night...

Guest OBAYbee

Erick and crazeecat5,

Check to see if you have a recent version of “JAVA” installed on your computer. If not you can download it free here http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

Make sure you have Macromedia Flash player installed. (Not Macromedia Shockwave. They are very different.) Also check and make sure you have the most recent version of both programs. Usually when your screen stops like you’ve described it is indicative of an outdated version. Also, see if your browser is compatible with the flash player.

To check and see if you have installed flash player correctly go here: http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

If the animation plays you have installed the flash player correctly. Move your mouse over the “about” and it will tell you what version is installed on your computer. I have 7,0,19,0 installed and the site works perfectly for me.

If you have the outdated version, install the latest version and reboot. Hope this helps.

It works just perfectly for us on our Verizon DSL. I think it's a great presentation. In looking at the deck plans, what's the difference in a D1 and a D2? D1 has the sofa bed? That's it? or am I missing something?

Emmy, I got the same email and it looks like fun to me. I love those types of fun zones in the water parks we go to! Dorney has a really cool one, much more fun than just laying around a pool. On the Serenade we used the water slide because the kids ( the few there were) did not use it!:D

I guess you could find distasteful if you were an old ( or young) F*art!:rolleyes: I am older, but not "old" in any way!:p