Swiss Air question

Has anyone recently flown business class on Swiss Air to Europe? We are exploring flights for our cruise. We plan to pay the deviation fee to get good flights. Seat Guru says that Swiss Air has lie flat seats which is a plus.

Also has anyone tried Delta's lie flat seats? Are they truly lie flat?

Thanks for any info. I wasn't sure if this should have gone into air "sticky" or here.:confused:

Has anyone recently flown business class on Swiss Air to Europe? We are exploring flights for our cruise. We plan to pay the deviation fee to get good flights. Seat Guru says that Swiss Air has lie flat seats which is a plus.

Thanks for any info. I wasn't sure if this should have gone into air "sticky" or here.:confused:

Google for some great reviews!

Really suggest you check out the Swiss Air and Delta websites for in depth information on the seats. Also try:

http://www.seatguru.com/

http://www.flatseats.com/Reviews/lx-j.htm

http://www.flatseats.com/Reviews/delta.htm

Some airlines are in the process of changing their seats (Lufthansa for instance). IMO, you will get many more reviews from these sites than on CruiseCritic.

Have you or your TA checked with Regent to see if they have or will have contracts with Swiss Air? Regent probably won't book Swiss Air flights without a contract. Regent usually books on Lufthansa. Flight 457, a daily nonstop between Los Angeles and Frankfurt on a 747-8 has the new flat bed seats.

Thanks Chat Cat for the personal observation. That is what I was hoping for.

I have spent a great deal of time on Seat Guru and other sites. I thought I had remembered someone posting on CC about their flight on Swiss Air.

It was the air dept. that mentioned Swiss Air so I would assume they would know whether or not they have a contract .

Our last flight on Lufthansa that Regent put us on was through Munich and they did not have flatbed seats. It was a horrible routing with two plane changes the last one being in Canada which posed all kinds of challenges. This is why we are booking early and paying for an air deviation even though we are not going in early or staying extra. It is well worth the extra cost if using Regent Air.

I could inquire about Lufthansa but there is no guarantee one will get the new seats. We may settle for Swiss Air. Their biz air sounds okay

Thanks for the info.

The food and service were very nice. The lounge was a shared lounge for several airlines. The new Tom Bradley Terminal was not yet fully functioning so the lounge access may have changed. One thing they did however was weigh my carry on bags even in Business. As I am a photographer, my bags were over weight but because of the content, they made exception for the weight.

We like Swiss Biz class very much. I can't speak for the entire fleet but we have been on the flights with lay flat seats. We are using Regent Air for our October cruise and are using our deviation to fly from Nice to Los Angeles with a 2 night stopover in Zurich to visit good friends.

Pet lover, that is an interesting routing. Does Swiss Air allow you to layover two nights with no charge?

Thanks for the warning, Chat Kat about them weighing carry-ons. I think I will look up what that might be.

No, it was kind of a fluke. Regent said if we did this we would have to stay 2 nights (good for us!) because there weren't any available seats on the first flight to LAX (still requiring 1 overnight). We were elated having 2 nights with our friends. There was no charge as we get complimentary deviation.

Thanks everyone for all the useful info. It looks like we will go with Swiss Air.

Also, thanks T C for the links to the reviews. They weren't too glowing. It comes down to the best of what is available.

Flying can be a chore but staying home is not an acceptable option.

Archived