Blackbeard's Castle open?

I Love Carbs

We will be in Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas on August 25th. Does anyone know if Blackbeard's Castle will be open? Their website states that the Historical Walking Tour of the Castle will re-open on November 1, 2013. Is it just the walking tour that's not operational or is the whole site closed during the low season?

We will be in Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas on August 25th. Does anyone know if Blackbeard's Castle will be open? Their website states that the Historical Walking Tour of the Castle will re-open on November 1, 2013. Is it just the walking tour that's not operational or is the whole site closed during the low season?

Sorry to say

This lovely hillside tour of old Danish houses, Amber Museum, Castle, etc is now closed. A former tour guide said they are supposed to reopen on November 15th. However, people around town reported that it is closed permanently and the museum was dismantled as well as Hotel 1829. Such a shame, this was a fantastic property with a very knowledgable & friendly staff.

That's awful if it really is a permanent closure! We were there in April and had a nice time. It was part of an independent walking tour we did. We had a great time at Hotel 1829 having a drink and chatting with the bartender. The castle was interesting and the views from the top were fantastic. I sure hope it re-opens for others to enjoy.

That's awful if it really is a permanent closure! We were there in April and had a nice time. It was part of an independent walking tour we did. We had a great time at Hotel 1829 having a drink and chatting with the bartender. The castle was interesting and the views from the top were fantastic. I sure hope it re-opens for others to enjoy.

You know how things change. The only sure way to know is from the source. Like you I find this news disappointing.

Archived