!! DISNEY DREAM !! To Bahamas ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

DisneyDreamday1-337_zpsb3d6fdaf.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-338_zpsee99ece0.jpg

We went to the room to get changed to go see the show prior dinner. I am not exactly keen about the traditional seating for dinning. I enjoy my meals around 7pm, and the options here are at 5:15 or 8:15. I believe on all days I ended up having a snack to hold me up until 8 pm, maybe that is part of why I got so fat…

Anyway, like I said we stopped by the room to get changed. And no, I don't have any pictures of us changing :D.

DisneyDreamday1-344_zpsd6624bfa.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-345_zps012ea62c.jpg

DSC00443_zps7dc6fc47.jpg

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!!!!! This picture!

DSC00444_zps757330ef.jpg

DSC00446_zpsbfbba364.jpg

I really loved that little lamp, with the nautical theme.

DisneyDreamday1-343_zpsd16bd154.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-346_zps86b60e47.jpg

After changing we made our way to the Walt Disney Theater. The port holes are really really neat. We took a few pictures there posing.

DisneyDreamday1-347_zps05e8676e.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-348_zpsa3da8174.jpg

We all went in, but I soon realized that I once again was out of my environment. A lot of people and charters (I called them puppets one occasion) dancing and prancing around. Not my cup of tea by any form or means. It took me about 1 minute to decide to just leave and walk around a little bit. That said, both my mom and Sarah said their shows were the best ever on a ship, they keep commenting how many times they changed sets, etc. So I will take their word here and score Disney high in that area.

So back to the story, right outside the Theater are all the shops nicely located of course (Sarah noticed that). lol, so I decided to go check them out. There are only a handful of stores, but they have some very neat items. I will admit that this ship is actually one that I wanted to buy several items for myself. I actually did ended up buying the model ship, and to my surprise it was nicely priced at $32, who would of though so. After the unreasonable $50 that NCL is charging for their breakaway one. The funny thing is that the Dream model is now the nicest ship on my collection. It is actually made of a different material that my other models.

DisneyDreamday1-356_zps5562cacd.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-349_zps35c1efe7.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-350_zps8ff64774.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-351_zps2a4098bd.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-355_zpsf5161242.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-357_zpsbe7d678d.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-364_zps1f8c5e21.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-365_zps2e80201c.jpg

Sarah did not last long on the show, she could not find a seat (we got there late) and she came out and looked at the store for a little while with me. Right before the show was over my mom came out and we went for a little stroll on the promenade to burn time prior dinner. I believe the promenade wraps around the full ship.

DisneyDreamday1-366_zpsdeab3da1.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-367_zps0c2f773c.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-368_zps9b5c94d8.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-369_zps354153e2.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-370_zpse29de4ba.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-371_zps3297778c.jpg

DSC00447_zps310de683.jpg

DSC00450_zps80fede7a.jpg

Then we stopped by the adult area, I took some pictures of the drink lists. By the way Disney has the cheapest drinks of any cruise line that I have been on. Not only that but they also offer happy hour. On castaway key I bought 2 drinks before 11am (I know Horrible) for $8 total. Needless to say that at that price I could afford to tip much more extra =).

DisneyDreamday1-372_zpsaa3e45e8.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-373_zpsf9d3b019.jpg

We noticed that we still had sometime to kill so we went to 70's trivia. The event was on the adult area, I believe it was on the 687 lounge. There were very few people there, I want to say maybe 10-15 if that. The trivia was kind of fun, but I personally think that it would of been better if more people had gone. Of course we got some snacks before going in.

DisneyDreamday1-380_zpsd40edd25.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-381_zps6162f26b.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-382_zps386fbade.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-383_zps1d2a355f.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-384_zps57697cc0.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-385_zpsbe9d69cd.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-386_zpsdacd09b7.jpg

Needless to say our knowledge about the 70's was rather limited. Don't get me wrong, we knew all of the songs, just did not know their name… We left just a little before it was over.

My handwriting is absolutely horrible….

DisneyDreamday1-388_zpse44b8520.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-387_zps276bcd40.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-389_zps368495de.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-390_zps40876c52.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-391_zps395e4015.jpg

Soon after we left it was time to head over to the Enchanted Garden. I think this is my least favorite venue, with the my favorite food of all restaurants. The venue just feels odd, almost like an old picnic environment. I am not sure how to put it, it just did not feel very much like Disney. Out of the 3 of us Saran liked the most. Mom felt similarly to how I felt. By the way there was never a wait be seated, it was a very efficient process and went quick.

DisneyDreamday1-397_zps4530bb27.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-398_zps99c2aaf3.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-399_zpsd91140b0.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-400_zps64807a52.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-401_zps37bb0ebb.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-402_zpsc6cf959c.jpg

Here is where we met our servers, this is my first time with the same servers during the entire cruise. They were all very nice, fast and efficient. They learned our eating patterns and tried to adjust to them throughout the 3 days. I do have to say that the Head server did creep me out a little. He was very polite, but I could just not put my finger what it was. Anyway just because I felt odd did not mean I was going to cheap him out on his tip or anything. I believe we tipped all of them the same amount extra over what they charge you already. I will get into that later.

For appetizers we we got the tuna tower x2 and lobster raviolis. Both items were very nice, but the tuna was much better. The sauce of the raviolis was rather weak not sure why put them in a broth.

DisneyDreamday1-403_zpsf193a4ff.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-404_zps6f15f773.jpg

For dinner we got the scallops and the seabass X2, Sarah and I shared the seabass and the scallops. The scallops were good, but the couscous was actually really bland. The seabass on the other hand was just PERFECT! It was sooooo good, and the risotto just melted on your mouth. This is the dish to get in this restaurant, no question about it.

DisneyDreamday1-405_zps5ac5c16d.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-406_zpsb1e55156.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-407_zps40ba13ff.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-408_zps3d3372dc.jpg

By the time dessert came we were all stuffed. But we still had to try them. We got the banana sunday it was great. The non sugar added fruit tart was really good and the sancher it looked very rich. They also brought us a plate of dessert cubes, I forgot their name. My mom hated them, while I love the chocolate ones, I think I ate like 3 of them.

DisneyDreamday1-409_zpse46ddac1.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-410_zps16cda0a8.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-411_zps5ab21516.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-412_zpsd14e0424.jpg

I took these 2 pics leaving the restaurant.

DisneyDreamday1-413_zpsdaeeef88.jpg

DisneyDreamday1-414_zpsbbdcc89f.jpg

I will stop here, have to get ready for work. I will post the next set tomorrow, hope everyone enjoyed the pics.

The head server probably creeped you out cause he had this serious and stern look on his face. He was super polite and helpful but I think because of his Eastern European look he came across creepy. I also saw him scolding a waiter on the last night. He really takes his job seriously but honestly it needs that serious power to make everything run as smoothly as it did. It showed

Those dessert cubes are chocolate truffles and fruit jellies. :)

//end helpful input lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Love those sunset pictures. And the Promenade deck at dusk. I really miss the Promenade decks that go the whole way around the ship. I loved walking around the ship in the early morning or in the evening. Why did they ever stop making them like that? I guess they call that progress.

The ship is beautiful and so many interesting things to look at. Do they do any 7 day or longer cruises? Three days just wouldn't be enough for me. But, probably too costly for a B2B.

Still loving those "illustration" type pictures. Especially of the ocean and sunset.

OK, I will try to keep quiet now until the end of your review. I am enjoying it so much, can't help but comment.:o

Gwen :)

So sorry to hear about Milo Gambee. You gave Milo love and that is the most important thing. Take time to grieve. Milo was a part of your family and your life. You give so many people so much joy through your reviews and we all are here to support you. My heart is with you.

Oh gosh, that food looks fantastic. I have previously cruised on DCL in the Med and just come back from a 12 nighter in the Med with Carnival.

I do have a DCL cruise booked for next year on the Fantasy and was considering pushing it back another year to maybe try the Breeze or Allure. However your review has just reminded me how great DCL is.

I will be following the rest with interest. I have followed all your previous reviews too.

So sorry to hear about your sad loss too. I can't bear having another dog since my precious Abby died at 6 years old. My other Cavies lasted until they old dames at 14 and 15, so it was such a shock at 6.

rbowx.gif Rainbow Bridge rbowx.gif

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

days!

So very beautiful. Thank you for sharing

Gambee, more awesome pictures! 37 more days to wait until we board the Fantasy for our Western cruise!

We seem to have different taste in entertainment & restaurants. We love the shows, and Enchanted Garden is our favorite of the Dream restaurants. I can't have seafood, but have really enjoyed the prime rib in Enchanted Garden.

We haven't tried trivia on Disney. Maybe we should. DH and I would do great with 70's trivia. :D

My friend those were outstanding pictures of the sunset the first night. Just incredible! :)

Glad you love then Chris, more to come :).

I really recommend you look at the Sony RX100, it is insane how amazing that camera is.

The head server probably creeped you out cause he had this serious and stern look on his face. He was super polite and helpful but I think because of his Eastern European look he came across creepy. I also saw him scolding a waiter on the last night. He really takes his job seriously but honestly it needs that serious power to make everything run as smoothly as it did. It showed

Those dessert cubes are chocolate truffles and fruit jellies. :)

//end helpful input lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the input, feel free to add little things here and there :).

Love those sunset pictures. And the Promenade deck at dusk. I really miss the Promenade decks that go the whole way around the ship. I loved walking around the ship in the early morning or in the evening. Why did they ever stop making them like that? I guess they call that progress.

The ship is beautiful and so many interesting things to look at. Do they do any 7 day or longer cruises? Three days just wouldn't be enough for me. But, probably too costly for a B2B.

Still loving those "illustration" type pictures. Especially of the ocean and sunset.

OK, I will try to keep quiet now until the end of your review. I am enjoying it so much, can't help but comment.:o

Gwen :)

Oh no worries Gwen, I look forward to all the comments you can add to my reviews. :)

The Dream only does 3 and 4 day cruises, but the Fantasy does 7 day cruises. They are sister ships, with few differences.

So sorry to hear about Milo Gambee. You gave Milo love and that is the most important thing. Take time to grieve. Milo was a part of your family and your life. You give so many people so much joy through your reviews and we all are here to support you. My heart is with you.

Thank you juneybugel, I am still in the process of grieving. I decided to bring some flowers and chocolates tomorrow to the Vet office to thank them. They really did everything in their hands to help me out in my time of need. I just want to thank them for that.