Transfers in New york

Frogmill0

In December my wife and I are travelling to New York on the QM2. We have one night in NY before picking up the Norwegian Gem for a cruise to the Caribbean, getting back to NY on New Year's day. We have a further 2 nights there before returning to Southampton on the QM2. Our package does not include ship/hotel transfers in NY so we need to arrange transport between the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and the hotel (in Midtown Manhattan) and from there to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal the next day. When we get back to NY on the Gem we need to do the same thing in reverse. We will have 'normal' baggage plus my wife's collapsible mobility scooter which, I think, would make taking a Yellow Cab or similar impractical. Our travel agent has quoted £700 for the four transfers which seems outrageously expensive.

Can anyone suggest a way of doing it at more reasonable cost? Many thanks.

In December my wife and I are travelling to New York on the QM2. We have one night in NY before picking up the Norwegian Gem for a cruise to the Caribbean, getting back to NY on New Year's day. We have a further 2 nights there before returning to Southampton on the QM2. Our package does not include ship/hotel transfers in NY so we need to arrange transport between the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal and the hotel (in Midtown Manhattan) and from there to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal the next day. When we get back to NY on the Gem we need to do the same thing in reverse. We will have 'normal' baggage plus my wife's collapsible mobility scooter which, I think, would make taking a Yellow Cab or similar impractical. Our travel agent has quoted £700 for the four transfers which seems outrageously expensive.

Can anyone suggest a way of doing it at more reasonable cost? Many thanks.

I would negotiate directly with the reputable car service companies in NYC regarding your needs such as Carmel 212-666-6666 or dial 7 212-777-7777

Archived