• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

For the love of God why....

For the love of God why does RCI stop cruising out of New Orleans in the summer... looking for a early July cruise and the only cruise ships out of NO are Carnival.

PG

I've been pushing for a cruise out of Lake Ontario. No luck yet.

For now, I suppose you have to drive the 5 grueling hours to Galveston, or the almost-unbearable 8-10 hours to Florida ports.

:rolleyes:

For now, I suppose you have to drive the 5 grueling hours to Galveston, or the almost-unbearable 8-10 hours to Florida ports.

yes it is unbearable when I am use to getting to the port in about 40 minutes and only having to spend about $10 in gas.

PG

I keep seeing old ships that WILL fit up the St. Lawerence. Just have to find someone to buy them. Lots of us want to sail the Great Lakes!

yes it is unbearable when I am use to getting to the port in about 40 minutes and only having to spend about $10 in gas.

PG

My heart goes out to you for tolerating an unbearable situation...I miss the 45 min drive to San Pedro for an RCI cruise too...What we must sacrafice to cruise RCI :(;):D

Nothing listed for New Orleans after March 2015. Serenade is leaving and haven't heard if they are replacing with another ship. I sure hope so as we had plans to do NO in April 2015 but they pulled those off the itinerary. I have enough talked to CSR at RC but they have no answers.

PG

At least you have a ship for part of the year. I understand putting your addiction on hold for 4-5 months of the year is tough, but you could have no RCI ship at all, like many of us.

My heart goes out to you for tolerating an unbearable situation...I miss the 45 min drive to San Pedro for an RCI cruise too...What we must sacrafice to cruise RCI :(;):D

We live 15 minutes from the port in San Pedro. So we are sailing on Princess more now rather than flying to a port to catch an RCI ship - we're still sailing on them, just not like we used to.:(

Nothing listed for New Orleans after March 2015. Serenade is leaving and haven't heard if they are replacing with another ship. I sure hope so as we had plans to do NO in April 2015 but they pulled those off the itinerary. I have enough talked to CSR at RC but they have no answers.

There will more than likely be some major reshuffling of the ships and homeports in the spring of 2015. We now have quantum that displaced Explorer and we don't know where Explorer is headed after Jan 2015. Also Anthem will be launched spring of 2015 displacing another ship. Most ships schedules are not released beyond March/April 2015 and won't be until spring 2014 so I would not read anything into this for NO.

There's a cruise from Montreal to Chicago next summer with the Great Lakes Cruise Company.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I wish RCCL also cruised out of Boston during the summer. There are a lot of ports that are "underserved" by the cruise lines.
But the bottom line is that cruise lines just don't generate enough revenue sailing out of certain ports and Boston happens to be one of those ports.:o

PG

<sniff>....

Stop...

You're making me tear up here... so sad for you

I really wanted to cruise RCI, but some of the prices were like WOW, and I don't mean in a good WOW discounted sale way.

So I found a great price on the Carnival Magic which seems like a nice ship that leaves on the perfect date out of Texas.

Not my first choice, but after about 25 cruises on various lines I have never really been on a bad cruise.

Regarding New Orleans, the three lines that cruise there, RCI, CCL, and NCL always bring in new ship every year to attract ship chasers and repeat guests that want to sail new ships.

I usually only cruise during the holidays due to the fact that I own a small business and if I close during Thanksgiving, Christmas, or the 4th of July week I really don't miss much.

So off to the CCL boards.... PG

Archived